The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: Bobby Isosceles on May 23, 2008, 10:51:34 am

Title: May 23, 2008 - Hopeugrin
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on May 23, 2008, 10:51:34 am
There is a heavy metal umlaut in the word "honour." (http://achewood.com/index.php?date=05232008)
Title: Re: May 23, 2008 - Hopeugrin
Post by: Golfhaus on May 23, 2008, 11:21:34 am
I am glad there is no homily, and I'm not even invited.
Title: Re: May 23, 2008 - Hopeugrin
Post by: wombat on May 23, 2008, 11:33:29 am
Where can I get some of that Hopeugrin, dammit?
Title: Re: May 23, 2008 - Hopeugrin
Post by: CortJstr on May 23, 2008, 12:45:43 pm
Officiant plugs his bar is my favorite part. That plus no homily/candle ceremony.

So the reception will be a blowout at Ray's, then?
Title: Re: May 23, 2008 - Hopeugrin
Post by: Golfhaus on May 23, 2008, 01:36:33 pm
His Pill Minder seems to be a lot more feature-rich than his Eggs and Milk Minder. Beef, your skills, they are improving.
Title: Re: May 23, 2008 - Hopeugrin
Post by: gearnest on May 23, 2008, 02:58:42 pm
Beef and Molly can have one hell of a honeymoon on proceeds from the sale of a '59 Les Paul. . . should have known Ray had one of those under the bed.

Title: Re: May 23, 2008 - Hopeugrin
Post by: Cap'n Squeakers on May 23, 2008, 03:57:08 pm
I, too, need a prescription for Hopeugrin and Relaxofan.  Onstad gets extra points for "Worst Man" and poor Teodor as the Maid of Honor. 

I notice that Pat is not in the wedding party. Could there be.. TROUBLES? 
Title: Re: May 23, 2008 - Hopeugrin
Post by: Turbo Ninja on May 23, 2008, 04:43:40 pm
As a Future Married Person who is also designing all the paperwork for our wedding, I wish this free cartoon had been published in February, before I wasted time, energy and space on making everything on a separate piece of paper.
Title: Re: May 23, 2008 - Hopeugrin
Post by: colmore on May 23, 2008, 04:48:44 pm
Percoset?
Title: Re: May 23, 2008 - Hopeugrin
Post by: jay-ell on May 23, 2008, 05:17:04 pm
I, too, need a prescription for Hopeugrin and Relaxofan.  Onstad gets extra points for "Worst Man" and poor Teodor as the Maid of Honor. 

I notice that Pat is not in the wedding party. Could there be.. TROUBLES? 

Neither is Lyle. 

Or Showbiz. 
Title: Re: May 23, 2008 - Hopeugrin
Post by: Cap'n Squeakers on May 23, 2008, 05:21:54 pm
Neither is Lyle. 
Yes, but Pat is a dick. 

Or Showbiz. 
An excellent point.  I guess he will miss out on bridesmaids (Teodor?) lezzin' it up on tequila.
Title: Re: May 23, 2008 - Hopeugrin
Post by: theinevitable on May 23, 2008, 05:41:26 pm
oh man, a 59 sunburst les paul, what a great thing to auction off at your wedding.

personally, I have always wanted this certain Les Paul (http://www.rootsreggaeclub.com/culture_reggae_afro/artists/ae/bob_marley_1.jpg) that I have only seen Bob Marley with.
Except maybe a little darker, like more of a brown than a red. I don't know why, but a wood-grain LP seems like a really good Basic Rock Music guitar. So, you know, if my band sells lots of albums in the imaginary future, I will buy such a thing.

Until then I will stick with my really nice, awesome, blue guitar. Which, awesomely, now costs half of what I paid for it.
Title: Re: May 23, 2008 - Hopeugrin
Post by: nDed on May 23, 2008, 07:06:37 pm
personally, I have always wanted this certain Les Paul (http://www.rootsreggaeclub.com/culture_reggae_afro/artists/ae/bob_marley_1.jpg) that I have only seen Bob Marley with.

Looks like a Les Paul Special (http://www.kellyindustries.com/guitars/gibson_lp_special.html) with a metal plate around the pickup selector.
Title: Re: May 23, 2008 - Hopeugrin
Post by: wombat on May 23, 2008, 07:20:46 pm
Pat's boycotting all weddings till gay people have the right to marry.
Title: Re: May 23, 2008 - Hopeugrin
Post by: Cap'n Squeakers on May 23, 2008, 07:23:47 pm
Pat's boycotting all weddings till gay people have the right to marry.

Then his boycott ended last week (http://edition.cnn.com/2008/US/05/15/same.sex.marriage/?iref=mpstoryview), but I'm sure Pat still isn't happy.

Fixed the url
Title: Re: May 23, 2008 - Hopeugrin
Post by: jaydub on May 23, 2008, 07:44:53 pm
Gay people in Alabama.
Title: Re: May 23, 2008 - Hopeugrin
Post by: wombat on May 23, 2008, 08:20:59 pm
Then his boycott ended last week (http://"http://edition.cnn.com/2008/US/05/15/same.sex.marriage/?iref=mpstoryview"), but I'm sure Pat still isn't happy.

Your link's busted. But anyway, one lousy state don't count.
Title: Re: May 23, 2008 - Hopeugrin
Post by: Doc on May 23, 2008, 10:16:21 pm
Just because they don't have any special position doesn't mean Pat et. al. aren't coming, I'm sure between Beef's neuroses and Ray's party-hosting instincts they wouldn't leave anyone off the invite list.

Also: Worst Man. So perfect.
Title: Re: May 23, 2008 - Hopeugrin
Post by: AlohaDawg on May 25, 2008, 07:26:04 am
Your link's busted. But anyway, one lousy state don't count.

Wouldn't Massachusetts count as another lousy state?
Title: Re: May 23, 2008 - Hopeugrin
Post by: wombat on May 25, 2008, 01:44:45 pm
I thought they took it back in Massachusetts or something. After some half-awake Googling I think what I was remembering is that it doesn't do you any good unless you live in Massachusetts, more or less:

Quote
Massachusetts does not have a residency requirement for marriage, but an old law from 1913 was revived to deny marriage licenses to same-sex couples from other states unless they intend to reside in Massachusetts. GLAD filed a lawsuit challenging the constitutionality of this law and the final decision by the Massachusetts Supreme Judicial Court was that same-sex couples from other states could marry in Massachusetts provided there was no statute, constitutional provision or controlling appellate decision in their state that prohibited same-sex couples from marrying. Since most states have one of these prohibitions, at this time the only same-sex couples who can marry in Massachusetts are residents of Massachusetts, Rhode Island, New Mexico, or residents of any state who intend to reside in Massachusetts.