The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: Arachno-capitalist on May 26, 2008, 02:20:31 pm

Title: Roast Beef Postcards released for sale and consumption
Post by: Arachno-capitalist on May 26, 2008, 02:20:31 pm
Do you live or work with someone? Then you know how handy it can be to have a box of these around. Blank inside, which leaves plenty of room for you to expound.

http://www.achewood.com/shop/beef_cards.php (http://www.achewood.com/shop/beef_cards.php)

I feel like I can make these myself for cheaper.

Title: Re: Roast Beef Postcards released for sale and consumption
Post by: Golfhaus on May 26, 2008, 02:23:55 pm
Yeah... I was kinda surprised an industrious TOUAMB newbie didn't make his or her first post a link to a set of PDFs they made of DIY Beef cards.
Title: Re: Roast Beef Postcards released for sale and consumption
Post by: wombat on May 26, 2008, 03:59:25 pm
What the hell, people. Paying actual money for a card that you're going to send instead of writing a real letter or actually speaking to a person - that's how you show you care.
Title: Re: Roast Beef Postcards released for sale and consumption
Post by: Death Ray on May 26, 2008, 06:18:42 pm
I'm sorry, but I'm not buying any man-to-man cards that aren't at least bufferd by the delightful artwork of Sandra Boynton.

(http://www.whatisdeepfried.com/MEDIA/boynton.jpg)

Title: Re: Roast Beef Postcards released for sale and consumption
Post by: Ruta Bagas on May 26, 2008, 06:22:47 pm
What the hell, people. Paying actual money for a card that you're going to send instead of writing a real letter or actually speaking to a person - that's how you show you care.

Of course, you can always buy a card and write in it at length as though it were an actual letter, and then you get the best of both worlds and your loved one still has something pretty to put on their mantelpiece for the duration of the unspecified period of festivity. Like the cat said, plenty of room to expound.

That said, I bought my girlfriend a birthday card the other month solely on the basis that it had a little pull-out tab that made a rocket ship fly across the front, only to discover that it was gloss finished all over and I had to carve my message on it with the pen nib. At moments like that I almost wish I did just write "Dear X love from Mark xxx".
Title: Re: Roast Beef Postcards released for sale and consumption
Post by: Arachno-capitalist on May 26, 2008, 06:34:37 pm
"Dear X love from Mark xxx".


Dear Mr. Marx,
Sorry for fuck*ng that thing of yours up so bad and making alive people become dead people.
-Hope were still dudes,
 Stalin and Lenin
Title: Re: Roast Beef Postcards released for sale and consumption
Post by: lprkn on May 27, 2008, 10:32:12 pm
Dear Ilyich and Josef,
'sokay, I have other things to worry about since they got me sharin' an apartment with Ayn Rand here in philosophers' hell. It is not pleasant for either of us.
-Later
 Karl
Title: Re: Roast Beef Postcards released for sale and consumption
Post by: jay-ell on May 28, 2008, 01:55:00 am
I'm sorry, but I'm not buying any man-to-man cards that aren't at least bufferd by the delightful artwork of Sandra Boynton.

(http://www.whatisdeepfried.com/MEDIA/boynton.jpg)



I love Sandra Boynton, and her children's books delight me and my children.  One day I was reading one -- or maybe listening to the Dog Train CD (http://www.sandraboynton.com/sboynton/boyntonmusic.html) -- and realized that her writing style somehow reminds me of Wombat's. 

Now I love her more. 
Title: Re: Roast Beef Postcards released for sale and consumption
Post by: wombat on May 28, 2008, 02:03:57 am
I didn't know she had children's books and CDs. Obviously I need to look into this.
Title: Re: Roast Beef Postcards released for sale and consumption
Post by: AlohaDawg on June 05, 2008, 07:41:59 am
I love Sandra Boynton, and her children's books delight me and my children.  One day I was reading one -- or maybe listening to the Dog Train CD (http://www.sandraboynton.com/sboynton/boyntonmusic.html) -- and realized that her writing style somehow reminds me of Wombat's. 

Now I love her more. 

You DO have "The Philadelphia Chickens" book and CD, right?
Title: Re: Roast Beef Postcards released for sale and consumption
Post by: jay-ell on June 05, 2008, 02:20:10 pm
Yes.  Also, Rhinoceros Tap. 

We loves us some Boynton.