The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: wombat on May 27, 2008, 08:47:11 pm

Title: Just put a towel over my ass and call me Marley, toots - May 27 2008
Post by: wombat on May 27, 2008, 08:47:11 pm
http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=05272008 (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=05272008)

Would I have expected such sentences of Lyle? I don't know.
Title: Re: Just put a towel over my ass and call me Marley, toots - May 27 2008
Post by: Cap'n Squeakers on May 27, 2008, 08:48:52 pm
D'oh.  Beat me by 40 seconds.  Great minds (with very little to do at work) think alike.
Title: Re: Just put a towel over my ass and call me Marley, toots - May 27 2008
Post by: jaydub on May 27, 2008, 09:16:32 pm
I need a Misfits tank top.  I could also use a handle of bourbon.
Title: Re: Just put a towel over my ass and call me Marley, toots - May 27 2008
Post by: Arachno-capitalist on May 27, 2008, 09:27:12 pm
Every interaction ive had with private show strippers has reminded me of what im escaping.
Title: Re: Just put a towel over my ass and call me Marley, toots - May 27 2008
Post by: Golfhaus on May 27, 2008, 09:42:18 pm
Awesome strip. After some lackluster chuckles in recent days, this one brings it. Onstad must've gotten laid twice this weekend, with his wife letting him do that thing she hates the second time.

Also: At this point, I think everyone Ray knows is either a) a character in Achewood, or b) someone with extraneous extra letters in their name. I'm thinking about changing my name to Golfhauss in the hopes I get a chance to meet him.
Title: Re: Just put a towel over my ass and call me Marley, toots - May 27 2008
Post by: CortJstr on May 27, 2008, 09:50:04 pm
The fact that Ray is actively seeking local strippers makes me wonder what his other option was. Do people normally fly strippers in from Japan or something?
Title: Re: Just put a towel over my ass and call me Marley, toots - May 27 2008
Post by: Cap'n Squeakers on May 27, 2008, 10:14:31 pm
Do people normally fly strippers in from Japan or something?

If you had Smuckles-level amounts of cash, wouldn't you?  Hell, if I were that rich I'd fly in strippers from VENUS just to serve me breakfast in bed.

Title: Re: Just put a towel over my ass and call me Marley, toots - May 27 2008
Post by: Carlos del Vaca on May 28, 2008, 12:59:24 am
I saw this thread before reading the strip in question.  I was sort of hoping "Marley" was as in John Grogan's "Marley & Me," but no such luck.  If ever a book and author deserved to be debased in an Achewood strip, that's it.
Title: Re: Just put a towel over my ass and call me Marley, toots - May 27 2008
Post by: Victoria Waterfield on May 28, 2008, 04:03:26 am
I saw this thread before reading the strip in question.  I was sort of hoping "Marley" was as in John Grogan's "Marley & Me," but no such luck.  If ever a book and author deserved to be debased in an Achewood strip, that's it.

I had no idea what "Marley & Me" was, so off I went to Wikipedia, and now I know that it's going to be a movie with Owen Wilson and Jennifer Aniston.

Thanks a lot, Wikipedia.
Title: Re: Just put a towel over my ass and call me Marley, toots - May 27 2008
Post by: colmore on May 28, 2008, 05:47:30 am
Strippers make me depressed to be a sexual being.  The distance afforded by porn is a valuable thing indeed.

I like that Beef's bachelor party is going to depress the living hell out of him.
Title: Re: Just put a towel over my ass and call me Marley, toots - May 27 2008
Post by: littlefallsmets on May 28, 2008, 06:52:16 am
Lyle is INCREDIBLY knowledgable on the things he knows.

Its just that the things he knows is a short list is all.

(I am also on record as being depressed by strippers.)
Title: Re: Just put a towel over my ass and call me Marley, toots - May 27 2008
Post by: wombat on May 28, 2008, 12:36:50 pm
I had no idea what "Marley & Me" was, so off I went to Wikipedia, and now I know that it's going to be a movie with Owen Wilson and Jennifer Aniston.

This is possibly officially the end of what remained of American culture.
Title: Re: Just put a towel over my ass and call me Marley, toots - May 27 2008
Post by: Bimmicus on May 28, 2008, 02:05:15 pm
I see Onstad's channeling Jeph Jaques again.
Title: Re: Just put a towel over my ass and call me Marley, toots - May 27 2008
Post by: quobobo on May 28, 2008, 07:44:52 pm
I see Onstad's channeling Jeph Jaques again.

 >:( >:( >:( !

NOT FUNNY.
Title: Re: Just put a towel over my ass and call me Marley, toots - May 27 2008
Post by: Bimmicus on May 28, 2008, 08:02:21 pm
Indeed.
Title: Re: Just put a towel over my ass and call me Marley, toots - May 27 2008
Post by: colmore on May 29, 2008, 02:38:28 am
Just because achewood gets chatty every once in a while doesn't mean it's turning into a hipsters saying starky things about dating each other comic.

I hate you for making me discover that thing.
Title: Re: Just put a towel over my ass and call me Marley, toots - May 27 2008
Post by: oball on May 29, 2008, 04:00:59 am
hipsters saying starky things about dating each other comic.

I think you mean "snarky", unless in today's installment Marten is going to tell Dora "I am IRON MAN!".


Yes, I still read Questionable Content
Title: Re: Just put a towel over my ass and call me Marley, toots - May 27 2008
Post by: colmore on May 29, 2008, 05:11:45 am
I'm guessing that's not going to happen, because that might not suck.
Title: Re: Just put a towel over my ass and call me Marley, toots - May 27 2008
Post by: wombat on May 29, 2008, 12:25:45 pm
Just because achewood gets chatty every once in a while doesn't mean it's turning into a hipsters saying starky things about dating each other comic.

I hate you for making me discover that thing.

I can't help looking at that comic once in a while. I think I like the drawing. Couldn't someone make him make it about something entirely different, with the same drawing?
Title: Re: Just put a towel over my ass and call me Marley, toots - May 27 2008
Post by: jaydub on May 29, 2008, 02:54:26 pm
You mean like this one (http://www.jephdraw.com/)?
Title: Re: Just put a towel over my ass and call me Marley, toots - May 27 2008
Post by: JorgeFabregas on May 29, 2008, 06:34:13 pm
Does anyone else imagine that Onstad often feels like a college student with a past due paper? Spending his time unshowered and sleep-deprived, eyes fixed on a computer screen?
Title: Re: Just put a towel over my ass and call me Marley, toots - May 27 2008
Post by: colmore on May 29, 2008, 09:42:53 pm
Back in my paper-writing days, I found that some of my best work got done at 3:00 AM.
Title: Re: Just put a towel over my ass and call me Marley, toots - May 27 2008
Post by: jay-ell on June 02, 2008, 05:28:03 pm
I think you mean "snarky", unless in today's installment Marten is going to tell Dora "I am IRON MAN!".


Yes, I still read Questionable Content

Now look what you made me do! 

Dammit, people.  Dammit. 

I like the way he writes women. 
Title: Re: Just put a towel over my ass and call me Marley, toots - May 27 2008
Post by: theinevitable on June 06, 2008, 03:22:08 pm
I stopped reading QC because I realized that I hated the way he thinks. If that makes sense.

I could handle it not being funny, up to a point, but then I realized that I disagree with him about Morals and Human Nature and big stuff like that.