The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => History => Topic started by: iron_felix on June 03, 2008, 10:42:58 pm

Title: Tombstone Hand and a Graveyard Mind
Post by: iron_felix on June 03, 2008, 10:42:58 pm
...just 79 and he don't mind dyin'. (http://www.theage.com.au/world/bo-diddley-rocks-rhythm-king-dies-20080603-2laq.html)

As of yesterday.  I noticed nobody else had posted anything yet.  I seem to recall Asherdan saying at some point that he was an asshole in person?  But no matter.  Definitely one of the main mattering men of rock and roll music.  Apparently he was performing right up 'til the end - wish I'd known that before and had a chance to see him live.







Kind of a downer post for me to come in on after being away from the forums for a while, really, but I'll find something jollier to share with you party people later tonight.
Title: Re: Tombstone Hand and a Graveyard Mind
Post by: jay-ell on June 04, 2008, 01:31:59 pm
Oh, man. 

When I first saw this thread title I thought George Thorogood was dead, and when I saw it was Bo Diddley I was sort of relieved. 

I mean, Bo was a great musician and a great man, and everything, but I saw Thorogood in concert about ten years ago and he was still jumpin' around and bein' crazy, soundin' good and all.  Woulda been a shame to lose him, he's still young. 

Bo...well, he had a good long life and I'm sad to see him go, but I wish him Happy Trails, you know? 
Title: Re: Tombstone Hand and a Graveyard Mind
Post by: pmcd9 on June 18, 2008, 04:14:17 pm
Jamie, please tell me you aren't being serious.

There is a video out there that I saw on television about 20 years ago of Bo Diddley circa 1972-3 I would guess playing at a Hells Angels bike rally out in the desert somewhere in California.  The man was a bad ass is all I can say.

Edit:  This (http://www.amazon.com/Hells-Angels-Forever-Bo-Diddley/dp/6302966132) is possibly the video I saw.

Edit 2:  My friend did this (http://www.flickr.com/photos/peaceswirl/2549108988/) painting of Bo Diddley that I think is awesome.

Also, here (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sgzn7VyoqEw) is a great video of Bo doing his thang.
Title: Re: Tombstone Hand and a Graveyard Mind
Post by: jaydub on June 18, 2008, 10:20:08 pm
Goddamnit!  New Firefox isn't playing youtube??!!  How will I maintain my cultural literacy?

Perhaps this is Adobe's fault.
Title: Re: Tombstone Hand and a Graveyard Mind
Post by: Arachno-capitalist on June 18, 2008, 10:34:22 pm
Goddamnit!  New Firefox isn't playing youtube??!!  How will I maintain my cultural literacy?

Perhaps this is Adobe's fault.
Working fine here.
Title: Re: Tombstone Hand and a Graveyard Mind
Post by: CortJstr on June 18, 2008, 10:49:40 pm
I'm holding off for make-or-break extensions like TabMixPlus. But I DL'd it to help with the record.
Title: Re: Tombstone Hand and a Graveyard Mind
Post by: Choop on June 19, 2008, 07:46:48 am
CJ, there's a dev build of TMP (http://tmp.garyr.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7031) that works in ff3 available on the TMP forums. The only reason it isn't finalized is that they're waiting to finish a few more localization files.
I also grabbed the dev build of Linkification (http://yellow5.us/firefox/linkification) for ff3, for unlinked URLs frustrate me so.



...but this is probably a topic for a different thread >_>