The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board
Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: Arachno-capitalist on June 04, 2008, 09:27:05 pm
-
http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=06042008 (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=06042008)
Maybe beef should consider a pre-nup... a "love contract".
I want to add something to my wedding vows about how my partner will understand and respect the laws of economics and the wealth creation mechanism.
If not in the vows, then definitely in the prayer... the part where the reader/priest reads a bunch of one line prayers and everyone responds in unison like "So we Pray" or something.
"We pray that all the people of the earth will understand and embrace the benefits of free market economics and the wealth creation mechanism"
-
Almost exactly one year later, beef returns (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=05252007) to Cornelius' den of sorrow and solace.
Tomorrow: Lyle pukes so hard he moves a soccer ball four and a half feet.
-
Hm. I should probably have put something in our wedding vows about him being OK with my obsessive nature as relates to various hobbies and pastimes.
"In knitting and in crocheting; in video games and in imaginary internet friends."
-
"We pray that all the people of the earth will understand and embrace the benefits of free market economics and the wealth creation mechanism"
Lord, hear our prayer.
-
"you never see one Astronaut spoon feedin' dollar chilli to a worse lookin' astronaut"
Is that not the most insanely relevant comment ever?
-
Well astronauts have to take bites out of freeze-dried chili bars.
-
or whatever rachael ray makes them.
http://www.usatoday.com/tech/science/space/2006-12-01-ray-shuttle-food_x.htm (http://www.usatoday.com/tech/science/space/2006-12-01-ray-shuttle-food_x.htm)
Also, is it me, or is every mission to space a mission to fix something in space? What else is actually getting done up there?
-
or whatever rachael ray makes them.
http://cityroom.blogs.nytimes.com/2008/06/04/police-shut-down-assassination-art-exhibition/ (http://cityroom.blogs.nytimes.com/2008/06/04/police-shut-down-assassination-art-exhibition/)
Also, is it me, or is every mission to space a mission to fix something in space? What else is actually getting done up there?
I'm going to go out on a limb here and say you posted the wrong link
-
woops. Fixed.
http://www.usatoday.com/tech/science/space/2006-12-01-ray-shuttle-food_x.htm (http://www.usatoday.com/tech/science/space/2006-12-01-ray-shuttle-food_x.htm)
-
I mean, that's the real mindfuck to the entire idea of parenting and marriage, isn't it?
The implicit admission in all of it that you are going to die and you're setting up provisions for that unavoidable situation. Your genes go on, there are legal documents to protect your loved one after you are in the Earth and so forth.
Like maybe if you never go through a Confirmation or a Bar Mitzvah or whatever, you never have to really be an adult.
Like maybe if you never pass along your programming or never make large promises affirming your mortality, you'll never be beholden to those debts... the forces of entropy might yet pass over your village and leave you be, to live hearty and young forever.
I can't say I haven't considered the idea. I can't say it hasn't given me pause.
-
"you never see one Astronaut spoon feedin' dollar chilli to a worse lookin' astronaut"
At WENDY'S.
That was so depressing that I would have gone right back to bed, but we don't have electricity at home so I didn't read it till I got to work. I guess there's a bright side to everything.
-
Also, is it me, or is every mission to space a mission to fix something in space? What else is actually getting done up there?
Hopefully, someone's been getting their bone on. That is, after all, the true driving force behind all technological progress. Finding cool places to bone.
-
Hopefully, someone's been getting their bone on. That is, after all, the true driving force behind all technological progress. Finding cool places to bone.
We already have what claims to be the world's first zero-g money shot thanks to the Vomit Comet. The world needs a zero-g 69.
-
Is this that "market fundamentalism" I hear so much about? It's a funny thought though. Idealist politics absolutely are religion. I like picking arguments with fellow lefties on that point.
Re: astronauts and getting old in marriage. Anyone remember that SNL (I think...) bit "Neil Armstrong, the later years?"
-
Hopefully, someone's been getting their bone on. That is, after all, the true driving force behind all technological progress. Finding cool places to bone.
Supposedly that's what gave VHS the edge of Betamax back in the day not to mention spurring forward video streaming web technologies.
-
I think that's a corollary force: Never underestimate the power of porn.
-
Never underestimate the power of porn.
Thus say we all.