The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => Science & Nature => Topic started by: Arachno-capitalist on June 10, 2008, 11:57:17 pm

Title: Passive Multiplayer Online Game
Post by: Arachno-capitalist on June 10, 2008, 11:57:17 pm
http://pmog.com/

I read about this in Wired and decided to give it a spin. It is definitely in its 0.XX stages, just out of Beta, but its fully functional. You download this toolbar and collect "data points" for each URL you surf to in the course of your normal internet usage, hence "passive". Further, you can add little things on whatever web page for other players that happen to go to that website. These things are like "crates" with other items inside, "lightposts" which as far as I can tell are like little post-it notes, "portals" which link to other websites you think another player might be interested, and "mines" which explode and damage the player's data points. Theres various levels and castes, etc. Pretty simple, but I love the idea of where it could go from here.
Oh, and the best thing Ive found is Missions. You can create or take missions, such as people have made webcomic missions, that take you on a tour of websites with running commentary.
Title: Re: Passive Multiplayer Online Game
Post by: JorgeFabregas on June 11, 2008, 07:33:34 pm
Mommy, I'm scared.