The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board
Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: MrCB on June 13, 2008, 09:36:52 am
-
http://achewood.com/index.php?date=06132008 (http://achewood.com/index.php?date=06132008)
Seem's like Molly's folk done come to town. On Friday the 13th no less...
-
In panel 4 I believe they were eating welsh rarebit. One of the many foods I only know of thanks to Alton Brown. See also, popovers and coconut cake.
I hope that either Ramses or Gwladus gets a gift receipt. I doubt Molly needs two 8-cup KitchenAids, regardless of their dough-hook possession status.
-
"Irish people yelling in arabic" - yea that about sums it up.
-
RUSTLE
I heard the newspaper rustle this morning, and it gave me quite a tingle!
Where have we seen Molly's folk before? Ramses and Showbiz I know I've seen for sure... but I can't seem to picture Molly's family.
-
Ramses has been there twiceabout the dough hook.
I called it!
Also, "Twenty Irish people yelling in Arabic" is now my favorite thing that I am not allowed to say. If only I was Irish... My girlfriend is English, does that count?
-
Basically, this strip has raised my expectations for the wedding way way way too high.
The best man's dad... an aging wandering asskicker sort of like The Highlander except he's too manly to be associated with any kind of "puss-out" like magic... and the father of the bride... an ancient Welsh ghost... sharing in the harassment of the lady at Crate and Barrel over bread-maker dough hooks.
Not to mention the Irish-Arabic thing.
A dude is pump-primed for Awesome now.
I fear "Episode 1" levels of disappointment and yet I live in hope.
-
I can accept the concept of talking, bipedal cats in a strange parallel existence to ours. I can also accept the fact that one of these cats is an ass-kicking ne'er-do-well and another is a Welsh ghost from beyond the grave that can take short visits to corporeal form for the purpose of a wedding. I can not accept why any registry would have two of the same kitchen device. That is wasteful and stupid.
-
I can accept the concept of talking, bipedal cats in a strange parallel existence to ours. I can also accept the fact that one of these cats is an ass-kicking ne'er-do-well and another is a Welsh ghost from beyond the grave that can take short visits to corporeal form for the purpose of a wedding. I can not accept why any registry would have two of the same kitchen device. That is wasteful and stupid.
Ramses Luther Smuckles does not have time to mess about with registries. He is man that gets things done.
-
I can not accept why any registry would have two of the same kitchen device. That is wasteful and stupid.
Perhaps Ramses didn't buy it the first time around.
-
Perhaps Ramses didn't buy it the first time around.
He is not forking over a single god-damned hard-earned dollar until he gets the dough hook, and people need to understand that. So it's still on the registry.
-
In panel 4 I believe they were eating welsh rarebit. One of the many foods I only know of thanks to Alton Brown. See also, popovers and coconut cake.
Coconut cake is obscure? Wow.
-
Popovers are obscure?
Dang, what is happening to this country?
-
They say rarebit will give one just fiendish dreams.
-
Popovers are obscure?
Dang, what is happening to this country?
I'd never even heard the word popover until this week's Good Eats. I'd also seen cake with coconut on it, like german chocolate and whatnot, but I'd never heard of coconut cake until he did that episode.
-
They say rarebit will give one just fiendish dreams.
Do they also mention it getting you can'd for top-notch cultural references? Because apparently it does that too.
-
They say rarebit will give one just fiendish dreams.
Canned for McCay