The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => History => Topic started by: Arachno-capitalist on June 13, 2008, 07:47:10 pm

Title: Tim Russert - Dead
Post by: Arachno-capitalist on June 13, 2008, 07:47:10 pm
http://www.nypost.com/seven/06132008/news/nationalnews/tim_russert_dies_from_apparent_heart_att_115384.htm (http://www.nypost.com/seven/06132008/news/nationalnews/tim_russert_dies_from_apparent_heart_att_115384.htm)

Wow. I actually loved watching this guy. He just straight up collapsed while doing a voice over. By God.
Title: Re: Tim Russert - Dead
Post by: AugustWest on June 14, 2008, 03:23:32 am
Sucks cause he was one of the good ones and because he was relatively young.  But if you've gotta go, quick is the way to do it.
Title: Re: Tim Russert - Dead
Post by: Golfhaus on June 14, 2008, 01:22:36 pm
I don't know much about him, as my wife refuses to let me watch NBC News. She grew up on ABC News, and that's what we watch. At least she doesn't insist on watching Fox News.

If it's true that he was a good one, then it's unfortunate, because there aren't very many of them in television news left.
Title: Re: Tim Russert - Dead
Post by: wombat on June 14, 2008, 01:56:29 pm
I never watch TV news, but I remember he once appeared as himself on an episode of Homicide - he was supposed to be a cousin of one of the regular characters. I thought that was kind of cool of him.
Title: Re: Tim Russert - Dead
Post by: littlefallsmets on June 15, 2008, 03:16:26 am
I mean, when you think about it, "Meet The Press" is probably the only show on television where Belzer HASN'T played Detective Munch. (Or however you spell it.)
Title: Re: Tim Russert - Dead
Post by: Arachno-capitalist on June 15, 2008, 03:28:38 am
Big Russert is very much alive, and little russert had (has? someone inform me about this) written multiple books about how much he loves his father.... whoops...
http://www.comedycentral.com/videos/index.jhtml?videoId=168126 (http://www.comedycentral.com/videos/index.jhtml?videoId=168126)
Title: Re: Tim Russert - Dead
Post by: Lister on June 15, 2008, 05:02:52 am
Quote from: That Article link=topic=4477.msg120475#msg120475
Sources said the network allowed itself to be scooped by other media outlets as it tried to contact Russert's wife Maureen and son Luke, who just graduated from Boston College.

How dare they let personal feelings get in the way of getting a story on the air?  Shame on you, NBC.

Excuse me, I have to go be violent at something.