The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board
Trivial Pursuits => History => Topic started by: Golfhaus on June 15, 2008, 04:53:18 pm
-
People are predicting that by 2050, we will be able to develop meaningful relationships with *****s (http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20080615/sc_afp/lifestylenetherlandstechnologylovesex*****s;_ylt=Ah3N_Dqan8nldgBgvfepq86s0NUE). Not just super-complicated sex toys - that, apparently, is only five years down the road. We're talking someone to come home to at night, to talk about your day, etc.
"There are many millions of people in the world who have nobody. They might be shy or they might have some psychological hang-ups or psycho-sexual hang-ups, they might have personality problems, they might be ugly ...
"There will always be many millions of people who cannot make normal satisfactory relationships with humans, and for them the choice is not: 'would I prefer a relationship with a human or would I prefer a relationship with a *****?' -- the choice is no relationship at all or a relationship with a *****."
The challenge appears to be, as it is in the real world, designing them to maintain decent conversation. One hopes that they at least have basic Ethernet (http://achewood.com/index.php?date=04302003).
-
The challenge appears to be, as it is in the real world, designing them to maintain decent conversation.
Um, yeah, if they're being designed by computer programmers...
-
An AI that could past the Turing test would be outrageous enough, let alone one that could give decent sex AND hold a conversation.
I feel like this would be healthier than Real Dolls. After watching Lars and the Real Doll, I understand the semi-legitimate demand for realistic dolls/*****s for interaction.
-
yeah, um, two of my friends took a class on this. I am not sure how it worked, I will ask them about it when I am home.
-
If you're really all that interested, I know a guy who just got his Ph.D in *****ics. (Actually Electrical and Computer Engineering, but his dissertation and most of his coursework dealt with *****s).
I could ask Dave, if you really want to know.
Yes, his name's Dave.
-
My class was called Cognition, and I thought it would be an interesting psychology class but became a class about how smart computers can be. Lots of coked out discussions about whether computers have emotions, what are emotions, stuff like this.
-
I could ask Dave, if you really want to know.
Now there's a fellow who is probably sick to death of 2001 quips.
-
I know a guy.
Yes, his name's Dave.
He's one of the Daves you know.
-
He's one of the Daves you know.
Must... resist... earworm!
...
...
Dammit!