The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: the gooseman on June 19, 2008, 10:52:18 am

Title: June 19 2008 - I gotta do some plop plops
Post by: the gooseman on June 19, 2008, 10:52:18 am

http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=06192008

Oh no! it's bad enough that roast beef is paranoid about everything, but when his own brother is plotting against him it will just make all his paranoia seem justified.

Plus he's got hell of depression.
Title: Re: June 19 2008 - I gotta do some plop plops
Post by: MrCB on June 19, 2008, 11:04:27 am
So so disturbing. It's going to be a time before I can get that penultimate panel out of my mind.
Title: Re: June 19 2008 - I gotta do some plop plops
Post by: the gooseman on June 19, 2008, 11:11:58 am
i can't wait for the molly edition.
Title: Re: June 19 2008 - I gotta do some plop plops
Post by: Doc on June 19, 2008, 11:49:49 am
I note the arm muscle is back.
Beef is going to bring the pain.
Showbiz will get the gramma K treatment.
Title: Re: June 19 2008 - I gotta do some plop plops
Post by: CortJstr on June 19, 2008, 12:47:46 pm
So is this a live feed or did Showbiz record himself having private shower time for reasons I don't even want to consider?
Title: Re: June 19 2008 - I gotta do some plop plops
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on June 19, 2008, 01:25:00 pm
logical conclusion of funny: ramses luther and molly's father beat down showbiz.

showbiz in heaven/hell arc?
Title: Re: June 19 2008 - I gotta do some plop plops
Post by: Bimmicus on June 19, 2008, 01:58:35 pm
Oh, man. This one is just rough and uncomfy and fucked up in so very many ways. I like it.

Alternate thread title: "maybe she'll finger..." Highly appropriate for the nastiest Achewood in recent memory.
Title: Re: June 19 2008 - I gotta do some plop plops
Post by: jay-ell on June 19, 2008, 02:20:16 pm
See, I'd have gone with "jinkety-ass homescript media player."  Because that shit's just vile. 

I think Showbiz is going to be out on his ear.  Notice how he still thinks he's going to be the best man? 
Title: Re: June 19 2008 - I gotta do some plop plops
Post by: nDed on June 19, 2008, 05:01:27 pm
So is this a live feed or did Showbiz record himself having private shower time for reasons I don't even want to consider?

I just thought it was because Showbiz was presumptuous enough to install software on someone else's computer and stupid enough to not know the difference between minimizing and closing a program.
Title: Re: June 19 2008 - I gotta do some plop plops
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on June 19, 2008, 05:08:48 pm
I noticed a garfield-style background shading that shifts between panels. Been noticing this more recently. Is this a new thing in Achewood? Is it a convention when representing indoor action?

Also, this is reminiscent of an episode of Metalocalypse when Pickles' brother gets married.
Title: Re: June 19 2008 - I gotta do some plop plops
Post by: wombat on June 19, 2008, 06:06:26 pm
Oh gross.

There are days when this strip is so for boys only.
Title: Re: June 19 2008 - I gotta do some plop plops
Post by: Cap'n Squeakers on June 19, 2008, 07:36:11 pm
There are days when this strip is so for boys only.

Oh, like girls never give themselves soapy finishing touches in the shower and webcast it to thier brother in a misfired effort to break up his marriage.  Please!  I've seen Showtime movies!  I know things!
Title: Re: June 19 2008 - I gotta do some plop plops
Post by: MrCB on June 19, 2008, 09:07:20 pm
Please!  I've seen Showtime movies!  I know things!

Oh so canned.
Title: Re: June 19 2008 - I gotta do some plop plops
Post by: Toaster on June 19, 2008, 09:35:26 pm
Showbiz is a bad, bad man-cat. I will never think of him the same way again.
Title: Re: June 19 2008 - I gotta do some plop plops
Post by: colmore on June 19, 2008, 09:59:32 pm
So sad.  I love me the company of low individuals.  But it is a sad thing when you realise someone is not only a mooch with no future and bad morals, but also a bad person.
Title: Re: June 19 2008 - I gotta do some plop plops
Post by: Golfhaus on June 19, 2008, 11:20:32 pm
I don't watch movies very much, because I start to get mentally invested in the characters. I don't want to watch them go through the problems in their lives that make up the plot of the movie. I think this is why I like the Austin Powers movies. When it's bad for Austin, it's not so bad at all.

Reading this strip gave me that twinge, the "oh lord, I know it's going to be okay for Beef, but I don't want to see it unfold" feeling.

On the other hand, I can't take a man seriously who refers to taking a shit as "do[ing] some plop plops." Especially when talking to one of his boys. Give the chocolate turtle some fuck*ng respect, Showbiz.
Title: Re: June 19 2008 - I gotta do some plop plops
Post by: Doc on June 19, 2008, 11:42:35 pm
Saying something positive about her is ashes and turpentine in my mouth.

It's ok man, we can hate Molly and Showbiz.
Title: Re: June 19 2008 - I gotta do some plop plops
Post by: colmore on June 20, 2008, 01:52:08 am
I've never understood the anti-Molly sentiment around here.
Title: Re: June 19 2008 - I gotta do some plop plops
Post by: oball on June 20, 2008, 02:07:54 am
Well, you see, a lot of Achewood fans identify closely with Roast Beef, and resent the fact that he has found love while they are still stuck in their computer chairs like beached whales, pasty and bejowled, subsisting on a diet of low-joule soda and Doritos, destined to be desperately, pathetically alone for the rest of their lives.


Or maybe they just don't like the way her character is written.
Title: Re: June 19 2008 - I gotta do some plop plops
Post by: Doc on June 20, 2008, 03:05:25 am
Well yeah mainly the former.

Also she's a bitch.
Title: Re: June 19 2008 - I gotta do some plop plops
Post by: JorgeFabregas on June 20, 2008, 03:28:28 am
I've never understood the anti-Molly sentiment around here.
Yeah, me neither. I'd figure that it involved resentment for neuro-typicals or women, but most of that camp doesn't seem like the type.

I didn't realize that Showbiz (maybe) has his left leg raised. That somehow makes the scene extra raunchy.
Title: Re: June 19 2008 - I gotta do some plop plops
Post by: littlefallsmets on June 20, 2008, 04:11:01 am
I dunno, I just see a lot of Beef and Molly in my relationship with my girlfriend...

She's loopy, she's into weird boring things and into basically stuff too much in general but she really loves him and helps serve as a buffer between him and a reality he can't really take all that well.

Like there's a series of trade-offs, you know, when you're as broken as Beef is.

I think that's the thing... a lot of guys who are really like Beef don't want to admit that being Beef-like is being fundamentally broken and so... they don't like that for someone like Molly to come in and love him is to fundamentally shave away some of his Beefness.

But... y'know... if Roast Beef was allowed to be completely himself, he would be looooong dead.

Sometimes when you're really broken, compromising is how you fix yourself enough to get by and it ain't actually a bad thing at all.
Title: Re: June 19 2008 - I gotta do some plop plops
Post by: Ruddy Ruddy on June 20, 2008, 06:33:33 am
Did Beef foresee this plan (http://achewood.com/index.php?date=10052004)?
Title: Re: June 19 2008 - I gotta do some plop plops
Post by: Arachno-capitalist on June 20, 2008, 06:43:16 am
Points to Ruddy for bringing the foreshadowing.
And : "Also apparently fifty hundred scared baby birds were born somewhere close by"
Is an A+ line.
Title: Re: June 19 2008 - I gotta do some plop plops
Post by: Ben-San on June 20, 2008, 08:37:18 am
Notice how he still thinks he's going to be the best man? 

Not only is his plan reliant on being the best man, it's reliant on Beef continuing to give him money after he pulls this shit. He's gotten so fixated on "if Beef marries her, I won't get money anymore" that he hasn't considered any other possible reasons for him not to get money anymore.
Title: Re: June 19 2008 - I gotta do some plop plops
Post by: fnord on June 20, 2008, 08:48:41 am
[...] stuck in their computer chairs like beached whales, pasty and bejowled, subsisting on a diet of low-joule soda and Doritos [...]

Are we sure yet if bejowled is a real word, like, say, aeolist.
Title: Re: June 19 2008 - I gotta do some plop plops
Post by: Carlos del Vaca on June 20, 2008, 01:04:44 pm
Should we post a poll?

Do you like Molly?
Yes
No
Title: Re: June 19 2008 - I gotta do some plop plops
Post by: wombat on June 20, 2008, 01:46:26 pm

And : "Also apparently fifty hundred scared baby birds were born somewhere close by"
Is an A+ line.

This happens every morning in my backyard at this time of year. I'm living a Roast Beef nightmare.
Title: Re: June 19 2008 - I gotta do some plop plops
Post by: jaydub on June 22, 2008, 04:51:24 am
I think implicit in pubescent male (or arrested development male) imaginations is the idea that women can't possibly take a shower without getting busy with themselves.  This is probably fueled by the fact that most pubescent males can't take a shower without polishing the bayonet.  Maybe twice.  Morning and evening.  Showbiz probably had that finger comment spin through his head while soaping up and couldn't resist.