The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => History => Topic started by: Doc on June 20, 2008, 01:56:59 am

Title: Psychic alleges sexual abuse of autistic child, mother cleared by GPS tracker
Post by: Doc on June 20, 2008, 01:56:59 am
I'm really not sure what to make of this (http://www.citynews.ca/news/news_23845.aspx).
I guess there's an obligation to investigate any accusation but this is salem witch stylez, any ridiculous accusation is taken seriously.
And then the mother was cleared because she constantly records her daughter (which is understandable given her history but still just makes the whole thing weirder). Just bizarre all round.
Title: Re: Psychic alleges sexual abuse of autistic child, mother cleared by GPS tracke
Post by: wombat on June 20, 2008, 02:07:50 am
Always nice to see that Canadians are as crazy as we are.
Title: Re: Psychic alleges sexual abuse of autistic child, mother cleared by GPS tracke
Post by: jay-ell on June 20, 2008, 01:56:10 pm
See, I was more appalled at this being the culmination of the mother's fight to have her child removed from a school where she didn't feel her needs were being served. 

But that might be a function of my own personal bias, and not really a reflection on what the actual worst part of this story is. 

Gah. 
Title: Re: Psychic alleges sexual abuse of autistic child, mother cleared by GPS tracke
Post by: wombat on June 20, 2008, 03:12:17 pm
What I don't understand is why ALL the parents aren't trying to remove their kids from the school now. But I guess that's those wacky Canadians for you.
Title: Re: Psychic alleges sexual abuse of autistic child, mother cleared by GPS tracker
Post by: side_show on June 20, 2008, 09:08:20 pm
I'm sorry wombat, I know you're baiting me, but I'm sucked empty of all my wacky these days. 
Title: Re: Psychic alleges sexual abuse of autistic child, mother cleared by GPS tracke
Post by: wombat on June 21, 2008, 02:58:09 am
Noooo!

It's OK. The wacky will be back. Sometimes the wacky just needs a chance to recharge.