The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: CortJstr on June 23, 2008, 08:54:33 pm

Title: June 23, 08 - Puppy Who Dropped His Ice Cream Cone Was Unavailable For Comment
Post by: CortJstr on June 23, 2008, 08:54:33 pm
I dunno, it's just not the same without Philippe's face-covering reaction shot.

http://www.dieselsweeties.com/archive/2042
Title: Re: June 23, 08 - Puppy Who Dropped His Ice Cream Cone Was Unavailable For Comme
Post by: wombat on June 23, 2008, 08:57:38 pm
Cort, that is cruel. I get all excited thinking we are getting a comic today after all - and then it's a Diesel Sweeties. Bleah!
Title: Re: June 23, 08 - Puppy Who Dropped His Ice Cream Cone Was Unavailable For Comme
Post by: Arachno-capitalist on June 23, 2008, 09:04:57 pm
But none of those were really that sad or funny. A ninja with tourettes?
Title: Re: June 23, 08 - Puppy Who Dropped His Ice Cream Cone Was Unavailable For Comme
Post by: Golfhaus on June 23, 2008, 09:39:34 pm
But none of those were really that sad or funny. A ninja with tourettes?

I dunno, that one is kinda sad and funny. In the stealth of the night, a shadow, a wisp of wind, and a "...fuckshitcockpisser." A cover blown. A ninja shamed.
Title: Re: June 23, 08 - Puppy Who Dropped His Ice Cream Cone Was Unavailable For Comme
Post by: colmore on June 24, 2008, 03:29:50 pm
There are some comics online that I started reading years and years ago and continue to check purely out of habit.  Dieselsweeties is one of them.

It isn't bad.  But it's kind of boring.  And it does that obnoxious thing that webcomics do where every other strip is giraffeing for "PLEEZ put that on a SHIRT" emails from fans.

Anyway.  This was OK.  But these selgiraffe little hipsters are no liebot, that's for sure.
Title: Re: June 23, 08 - Puppy Who Dropped His Ice Cream Cone Was Unavailable For Comment
Post by: CortJstr on June 24, 2008, 04:24:09 pm
There are some comics online that I started reading years and years ago and continue to check purely out of habit.  Dieselsweeties is one of them.

QFT.

I finally broke my habit with Overcompensating after realizing I never even so much as chuckled softly. Or said, "that's amusing" in my head.

Of course I also used to read every non-soap comic in the paper back in the day.
Title: Re: June 23, 08 - Puppy Who Dropped His Ice Cream Cone Was Unavailable For Comment
Post by: colmore on June 24, 2008, 06:27:30 pm
joshreads.com  will make reading the daily syndicateds worthwhile again.

and mister, you post a lot on a message board for someone who claims to have given up webcomics for "having a life."
Title: Re: June 23, 08 - Puppy Who Dropped His Ice Cream Cone Was Unavailable For Comme
Post by: wombat on June 24, 2008, 07:00:53 pm
Oh, Ash, you've got it tragically backwards - giving up webcomics but still reading the paper ones?  Couldn't you use a laptop at the breakfast table?
Title: Re: June 23, 08 - Puppy Who Dropped His Ice Cream Cone Was Unavailable For Comme
Post by: wombat on June 24, 2008, 07:19:46 pm
Asherbaby, laptops and food do not mix at the same table. Use your imagination.

Saran Wrap and a wireless penis on the far side of the table from the baby?

There's got to be a way.
Title: Re: June 23, 08 - Puppy Who Dropped His Ice Cream Cone Was Unavailable For Comme
Post by: Cap'n Squeakers on June 25, 2008, 12:53:56 am
There are some comics online that I started reading years and years ago and continue to check purely out of habit.  Dieselsweeties is one of them.

I occasionally get a chuckle out of dieselsweeties, but I too have my "why do I bother? oh yeah, because it's free" comics. Questionable Content is the most glaring example, both because of how bad it is and how long ago it was that I actually enjoyed it.  I also still read Wapsi Square, even though it has burrowed so deeply into its own navel that I don't know what's going on.