The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: wombat on June 25, 2008, 12:04:57 am

Title: A ticket to go see owls get strangled June 24 2008
Post by: wombat on June 25, 2008, 12:04:57 am
http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=06242008 (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=06242008)

Come on, they are in California. Can T really think that the only local produce is raccoons and front lawns?  He has become such an unattractive snob.

Edit: OK, the Mycenaean and Welsh thing is a thoughtful touch. But he's still a snob.
Title: Re: A ticket to go see owls get strangled June 24 2008
Post by: AugustWest on June 25, 2008, 12:13:36 am
One should definitely not be a vittles bitch.
Title: Re: A ticket to go see owls get strangled June 24 2008
Post by: Golfhaus on June 25, 2008, 12:18:51 am
Prediction: Everyone who was going to be at this wedding will either be pissed off or in jail. The wedding will be Molly, Beef, Cornelius, and maybe Philippe.
Title: Re: A ticket to go see owls get strangled June 24 2008
Post by: CortJstr on June 25, 2008, 12:33:08 am
Prediction: Everyone who was going to be at this wedding will either be pissed off or in jail. The wedding will be Molly, Beef, Cornelius, and maybe Philippe.

Philippe will get grounded. Probably because Lie Bot tricked him into doing something bad.
Title: Re: A ticket to go see owls get strangled June 24 2008
Post by: Cap'n Squeakers on June 25, 2008, 12:40:19 am
I'll know you're married when I smell the Alpo bar

Daaaaaamn, that is some cold action there, T. 
Title: Re: A ticket to go see owls get strangled June 24 2008
Post by: Doc on June 25, 2008, 01:33:14 am
Philippe will get grounded. Probably because Lie Bot tricked him into doing something bad.
Probably by Cornelius.

Also Ray will be there, not because he's such a good friend but because the scene he'd create by being there will be funnier than a reason for him not being there.

Also "Ravioli". I'm not sure I'd want to eat "Ravioli".
Title: Re: A ticket to go see owls get strangled June 24 2008
Post by: littlefallsmets on June 25, 2008, 01:41:07 am
This is very similar to something that happened at the wedding I was just at...

Except it revolved around the tradition of writing things on the newlyweds' car, the groom's exceedingly drunk brother and giant cocks drawn onto said car in a paint that proved not only permanent but also corrosive to the car's metal.

Otherwise, very similar.

If his brother had just used shaving cream, you know, as he surely would've purchased had he made that decision while sober.
Title: Re: A ticket to go see owls get strangled June 24 2008
Post by: jaydub on June 25, 2008, 03:30:36 am
For the record, an alternative title would have been "Bein' a vittles bitch".
Title: Re: A ticket to go see owls get strangled June 24 2008
Post by: jough on June 25, 2008, 12:22:10 pm
Vittles bitch made me laugh (out loud!) for about 30 seconds.  Good stuff.

T is such a vittles bitch.
Title: Re: A ticket to go see owls get strangled June 24 2008
Post by: Undertoad on June 25, 2008, 12:41:13 pm
50% of Achewoods contain a reference to food or are specifically about food in some way
Title: Re: A ticket to go see owls get strangled June 24 2008
Post by: Doc on June 25, 2008, 12:51:56 pm
Actually it's 100% you're just not enough of a vittles bitch to get them all.
Title: Re: A ticket to go see owls get strangled June 24 2008
Post by: fnord on June 25, 2008, 02:04:11 pm
I had to read this twice, then think for a while, then google it, then take a deep breath, then wonder again: what possible reasons could the people on the other side of the ocean have to call their plat principal 'Entrée'.

While you're at it, why don't you call the dessert 'fromage' and the cheese 'amuse gueule'. Then it would be at least sort of right, given that you want your menu to follow the form (x + 1) modulo 4 or 5.
Title: Re: A ticket to go see owls get strangled June 24 2008
Post by: CortJstr on June 25, 2008, 02:33:13 pm
Dammit, I just read something about why we use the word entree when it's origin has nothing to do with our usage, but I'll be damned if I can remember what site I read it on.

edit: never mind. http://www.straightdope.com/columns/071214.html
Title: Re: A ticket to go see owls get strangled June 24 2008
Post by: Carlos del Vaca on June 25, 2008, 03:00:29 pm
A fine strip, this one.  T really should know better; yeah he wants to show off, fine, but he knows his audience.  Vittles bitch.
Title: Re: A ticket to go see owls get strangled June 24 2008
Post by: colmore on June 30, 2008, 02:36:54 pm
So is it just my world-line or is everyone really becoming more of a foodie these days?  I mean, has a big segment of the population that once ate heated up boxes and cans moved over to the fanciness or does this always happen and it's just me entering my late 20s?

Because I eat like I live in a bomb shelter and I get a bit embarrassed about it.  But not so embarrassed as to learn how to operate a stove.  The fact that when I get bad depressed everything tastes like cardboard is probably relevant here.
Title: Re: A ticket to go see owls get strangled June 24 2008
Post by: wombat on June 30, 2008, 03:56:59 pm
I think that in reality, most people watch fancy cooking shows on TV while eating something heated up out of a box.
Title: Re: A ticket to go see owls get strangled June 24 2008
Post by: jaydub on June 30, 2008, 04:30:32 pm
People are getting more anxious about food too.  I think it has to do with, in general, losing touch with how food goes from something recognizable, such as a pea pod or corn cob, to a microwaved super burrito or salisbury steak boxed dinner.
Title: Re: A ticket to go see owls get strangled June 24 2008
Post by: Carlos del Vaca on June 30, 2008, 05:57:55 pm
So is it just my world-line or is everyone really becoming more of a foodie these days?  I mean, has a big segment of the population that once ate heated up boxes and cans moved over to the fanciness or does this always happen and it's just me entering my late 20s?

I am currently reading David Kamp's The United States of Arugula which chronicles the very culinary evolution of which you speak.  Highly recommend.
Title: Re: A ticket to go see owls get strangled June 24 2008
Post by: Golfhaus on June 30, 2008, 07:00:50 pm
Interestingly, I just recently (like in the past two weeks) got over my aversion to eating at Taco Bell. And now I find myself craving it ALL THE DAMN TIME. I am certainly not turning into a foodie. I would make a terrible rich person of High Society, because I wouldn't want a bite of that high-falutin' crap if there was some KFC nearby.
Title: Re: A ticket to go see owls get strangled June 24 2008
Post by: Arachno-capitalist on June 30, 2008, 07:03:59 pm
KFC does make some great cole slaw.
Title: Re: A ticket to go see owls get strangled June 24 2008
Post by: Choop on July 01, 2008, 07:29:41 am
Mayor i just read that book a few months ago - it's a bit dry in the third quarter, but otherwise very very interesting. also, i made up a mac&cheese recipe i'll post elsewhere