The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => History => Topic started by: Golfhaus on July 04, 2008, 03:39:36 pm

Title: Jesse Helms is dead!
Post by: Golfhaus on July 04, 2008, 03:39:36 pm
Being relatively new to North Carolina, I can only guess, but I'm assuming thousands of crusty old white people around here are crying and planning a monument somewhere.
Title: Re: Jesse Helms is dead!
Post by: CortJstr on July 04, 2008, 03:44:05 pm
He falls squarely into the category of "people I thought died years ago." Probably because I never quite realized that he and Strom Thurmond were two different people.
Title: Re: Jesse Helms is dead!
Post by: AugustWest on July 04, 2008, 05:59:33 pm
I think I'm going to observe the rule my mother told me and not say anything further about Mr. Helms.
Title: Re: Jesse Helms is dead!
Post by: Golfhaus on July 04, 2008, 06:06:33 pm
I'm sure he and Falwell have met up, and are scratching their heads about where they are vs. where they thought they'd be, and what liberal conspiracy caused this to happen.
Title: Re: Jesse Helms is dead!
Post by: Arachno-capitalist on July 04, 2008, 09:39:02 pm
Senator Helms was known for being against civil rights, gay rights, and foreign aid. He was in favor of tobacco, military, and segregation.
Now that's a legacy.
Title: Re: Jesse Helms is dead!
Post by: theinevitable on July 05, 2008, 01:25:08 am
my favorite political cartoon ever had the Descent of Man lineup, labeled Homo Erectus, Homo Sapiens, etc, with Mr Helms as a monkey saying "I don't want to be associated with all of those homos"