The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board
Trivial Pursuits => History => Topic started by: Arachno-capitalist on July 04, 2008, 04:55:03 pm
-
The Fourth of July is most meaningful holiday in this country. To celebrate, I plan on blowing stuff up while drinking American lagers.
-
We're making spaghetti and meatballs. I lobbied for Chinese food, but lost.
-
I'm driving to St Louis in a few hours. Later in the weekend: whole suckling pig.
-
Look how you've grown! I remember when you were this small...
Happy Birthday 'Mericans!
-
Today I saw a guy with a United We Stand bumper sticker, an american flag bumper sticker, and a "I salute the Confederate flag with complete reverence for the ideas which it stood for" bumper sticker.
I kind of wanted to yell at him for several minutes, but instead I glared at his car and then ate my bojangles alone in the car. Dang, this was a cruddy night off.
-
In honor of America's birthday, I'm drinking a domestic microbrew instead of an import. Cheers, America. Don't disappoint.
-
ate my bojangles alone in the car.
Is that what you kids call it these days?
-
Today I saw a guy with a United We Stand bumper sticker, an american flag bumper sticker, and a "I salute the Confederate flag with complete reverence for the ideas which it stood for" bumper sticker.
My grasp on the nuance of american politics isn't great but isn't there at least a partial contradiction in there?
-
Once you understand that contradiction, you understand why America is so fundamentally shitty.
We believe that our main and only right is to be selgiraffe hateful assholes, all else is negotable, happily traded away for the illusion of security or for a feeling of superiority. The American flag means, to those people, the right to stand by the racist lazy defunct ideas that the Confederacy represents.
It's kinda complicated.
Basically, we gave up on Reconstruction way the fuck too soon.
-
My town (in Queens, NY) is like deserted. It is a ghost town, like everyone in Queens is upstate. To make up for it though I partied pretty hard with the only three dudes in Queens, grillin' and gettin crunked and shit.
-
I hung out with the artcar section of a community parade in a neighborhood near mine. It was fun. That's where I saw this guy (http://www.flickr.com/photos/pmcd9/2637871344/). Later went out to visit my folks and watch some fireworks. Thought this was a clever juxtaposition (http://www.flickr.com/photos/pmcd9/2640122015/).