The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => Wild Card => Topic started by: Ash on November 05, 2003, 09:40:59 pm

Title: How long did it take you to get your Achewood gear?
Post by: Ash on November 05, 2003, 09:40:59 pm
Have any of you bought items from the achewood store?
How long did it take you to get them?

Patience sucks! ;-)

-Ash
Title: How long did it take you to get your Achewood gear?
Post by: jough on November 05, 2003, 09:45:58 pm
Still waiting for gear purchased back in June.

I still may or may not issue a charge back with my credit card company.  I figure I'll let him keep the dough as long as the strip doesn't suck.
Title: How long did it take you to get your Achewood gear?
Post by: AugustWest on November 06, 2003, 02:18:04 am
The book I ordered in August has yet to show.  How hard is it to mail a book?  However, I am with Jough -- if timely shipping would interfere with the current quality of the strip, I'll wait.
Title: How long did it take you to get your Achewood gear?
Post by: side_show on November 06, 2003, 02:48:14 am
Quote from: "jough"
Still waiting for gear purchased back in June.

I still may or may not issue a charge back with my credit card company.  I figure I'll let him keep the dough as long as the strip doesn't suck.




This set off huge alarm bells for me!!!! As a person who works for a major credit card, I must warn you that after 190 days (although we tell you otherwise) it is virtually impossible to process a chargeback, and that we secretly chuckle at anyone who waits this long and call them suckers.

As for my T-shirt, it took about a month to get to me here in Canada, which wasn't too long.
Title: How long did it take you to get your Achewood gear?
Post by: Limmo on November 06, 2003, 04:29:59 am
My Todd shirt took at least a month, and I'm still waiting for the cookbook I ordered in August.

Don't even want to think about the Varsity and Sanryobuki shirts.  Maybe they'll be a nice New Year's surprise.

My periodic inquiries get replies from someone named Liz - Onstad's wife? - but somehow there's always a new reason why they haven't shipped.  

I'm trying to stay off the beach here, but it's not like this is an Olsen Twins-level merchandising operation here.  Their orders are probably more like in the dozens.  I don't see what the fuck*ng problem is.
Title: How long did it take you to get your Achewood gear?
Post by: jough on November 06, 2003, 07:05:55 am
side_show, Visa allows up to 3 years for chargebacks.

This is also regulated by federal law in the U.S.

As a merchant who accepts Visa, I have gotten stung for web hosting service two years after the customer had already paid me TWICE for a year of service.

I filed a refutation and got my money back, but it was a lot to all of a sudden be out.
Title: How long did it take you to get your Achewood gear?
Post by: jay-ell on November 06, 2003, 01:33:52 pm
It took about a month for my stuff to arrive both times, but then again, that was last year, so he probably had fewer orders.  I know that he is totally swamped with orders these days and has to ship literally hundreds of orders every week, and that he does it by hand out of his home.  I tend to be in the "cut the man some slack" camp -- but if you don't get your stuff after six weeks or so I would definitely send an inquiry.  Interesting that his wife is answering his e-mail now.
Title: How long did it take you to get your Achewood gear?
Post by: Limmo on November 06, 2003, 07:03:54 pm
Quote from: "jldunston"
I know that he is totally swamped with orders these days and has to ship literally hundreds of orders every week, and that he does it by hand out of his home.  I tend to be in the "cut the man some slack" camp -- but if you don't get your stuff after six weeks or so I would definitely send an inquiry.  Interesting that his wife is answering his e-mail now.


Hundreds of orders every week?  Really?  I didn't think the merchandise was that popular.

Alright, perhaps some slack is in order then.
Title: How long did it take you to get your Achewood gear?
Post by: Limmo on November 06, 2003, 09:53:08 pm
Cookbook arrived this afternoon.  A quick perusal of my Outlook box showed me the actual order date was September 5.  

So: two months from order to arrival.  

I was headed out to lunch when I checked the mail, so I took the book with me.  

While reading over lunch, I had to cover my face with my hands three times to stifle laughter.  Especially after reading Ray's "brief history of the hot dog" and "stick with bottled wine."

Worth the wait.
Title: How long did it take you to get your Achewood gear?
Post by: V-Adore on November 06, 2003, 11:17:59 pm
Quote from: "Limmo"
While reading over lunch, I had to cover my face with my hands three times to stifle laughter.  Especially after reading Ray's "brief history of the hot dog" and "stick with bottled wine."

True story: I used Ray's advice on where to hold a wineglass at the only classy party I've attended since getting the cookbook. Admittedly, the contents of the glass was water and not wine, but I still think it lent me a certain elan.

And, of course, boxed wine is never fine. Ever.
Title: How long did it take you to get your Achewood gear?
Post by: Mite on November 07, 2003, 12:05:08 am
Quote from: "Limmo"
Cookbook arrived this afternoon.  A quick perusal of my Outlook box showed me the actual order date was September 5.  

Sweet. Ordered mine (with an ass-in-your-##### shirt) in early August. Hopefully it's on the way.
Title: How long did it take you to get your Achewood gear?
Post by: side_show on November 08, 2003, 10:07:10 pm
Quote from: "jough"
side_show, Visa allows up to 3 years for chargebacks.

This is also regulated by federal law in the U.S.

As a merchant who accepts Visa, I have gotten stung for web hosting service two years after the customer had already paid me TWICE for a year of service.

I filed a refutation and got my money back, but it was a lot to all of a sudden be out.


Oh, I know ALL of this.  The greater majority of the chargebacks I process are for Americans.  The procedure for disputing any charge after 3 months is totally different and definitly not in the customer or merchant's favor.  I could tell you more, but I'd lose my job.
Title: How long did it take you to get your Achewood gear?
Post by: Mite on November 08, 2003, 10:20:58 pm
My cookbook finally came today! A note on the packing slip said my shirt will be along in 1 or 2 more weeks!
Title: How long did it take you to get your Achewood gear?
Post by: jough on November 09, 2003, 12:13:41 am
Quote from: "Mite"
My cookbook finally came today! A note on the packing slip said my shirt will be along in 1 or 2 more weeks!


Don't believe Onstad's lies.  You'll never see that shirt.

So what have you made so far?  Pictures?
Title: How long did it take you to get your Achewood gear?
Post by: Mite on November 09, 2003, 12:20:07 am
Whoa, actually cooking something is gonna be a big step for me. It's been a good 9 months since I prepared something with actual ingredients. I think I'll have to throw a little dinner party to give myself the required motivation.

Its arrival did inspire me to actually open a can of soup and microwave it for lunch, though. Yes, this is quite a bit more effort than I usually put into cooking.
Title: How long did it take you to get your Achewood gear?
Post by: jough on November 09, 2003, 12:21:38 am
Did you use the heating a can of soup recipe from the book?

Because otherwise someone could get hurt!
Title: How long did it take you to get your Achewood gear?
Post by: V-Adore on November 09, 2003, 12:37:29 am
If I had better supplies and facilities available (read: not the disgusting dorm kitchens), my cookbook ownership would actually inspire me to cook. As stands, I made the Flavor Burgers this summer and was duly impressed; tasty little things, those.

Anyway, I ordered the T-shirts I intend for Christmas this week. Just to be safe, you know?
Title: How long did it take you to get your Achewood gear?
Post by: Mite on November 09, 2003, 07:46:37 am
Quote from: "jough"
Did you use the heating a can of soup recipe from the book?

It's not that I can't cook; it was my livelyhood for awhile. I'm a domestic goddess when I get in the mood. I just haven't had the inclination do do anything harder than make a sandwich in a long time.

Maybe I need another messy breakup. The last time that happened, I did nothing but bake for a solid month.
Title: How long did it take you to get your Achewood gear?
Post by: AlohaDawg on November 10, 2003, 03:37:53 am
Quote from: "Mite"

Maybe I need another messy breakup. The last time that happened, I did nothing but bake for a solid month.


Don't wish that on yourself. But if it goes down badly, I would really like some Lemon Bars and a chocolate gateau cake. If you come to Hawaii, you can use our kitchen. We'll even clean it for you and buy fresh stuff.

BTW, what kind of "cooking for a livelihood" did you do? Culinary school and the slavery that follows?
Title: How long did it take you to get your Achewood gear?
Post by: Mite on November 10, 2003, 05:03:53 am
Oh, nothing so glamorous as that. I worked for a summer as a cook for a wilderness camp I'd been going to since I was a kid. I cooked for about 50-80 people, so it was more like home cookin' for a huge family than institutional-style cafeteria food.

The best part was cooking stuff I'd collected from the woods. I just about got marriage proposals from the whole staff the morning I suprised 'em with crépes and fresh-picked raspberries for breakfast. Or nettle stew with cattail biscuits...yum.
Title: How long did it take you to get your Achewood gear?
Post by: blim8183 on November 14, 2003, 08:36:20 pm
I ordered a hoodie back in September and have been expecting it everyday for the past 3 weeks. I should stop getting my hopes up...
Title: How long did it take you to get your Achewood gear?
Post by: side_show on November 19, 2003, 05:16:54 pm
Anyone receive one of the new T-shirt designs yet?  I ordered the bunny ambulance and am on pins and needles!
Title: How long did it take you to get your Achewood gear?
Post by: jough on December 05, 2003, 03:09:29 am
Has everyone received everything they ordered yet?