The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => Science & Nature => Topic started by: jay-ell on July 09, 2008, 01:18:47 am

Title: A/V Nerd Help Requested
Post by: jay-ell on July 09, 2008, 01:18:47 am
So, I have a couple MPGs taken with my digicam from our trip.  I want to capture a few stills from two of the vids, but I'm not sure if I can do it without special software.  I do have Adobe Photoshop 7, but I suck at photoshop (http://www.mydamnchannel.com/Big_Fat_Brain/You_Suck_at_Photoshop/YouSuckatPhotoshop1_398.aspx) so I don't really know if that will be useful at all.  Anybody have any knowhow in this particular particularity? 

So much thank yous in advance of the needful assistance. 
Title: Re: A/V Nerd Help Requested
Post by: CortJstr on July 09, 2008, 02:18:32 am
Try BSPlayer. The current free version contains adware but you can get version 1.32.820 from Old Versions (http://www.oldversion.com/program.php?n=bsplayer). You don't even have to install anything. Just unzip the folder whereever, run bsplayer.exe, and drag your mpg into the player.

While it's running you can get jpg screencaps by pushing P for actual size or Shift+P for "what you see." The first time you might need open the preferences window (ctrl+p) to tell it what directory to put the screencaps into.
Title: Re: A/V Nerd Help Requested
Post by: pmcd9 on July 09, 2008, 04:32:25 pm
J gets cans for the link.