The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: Victoria Waterfield on July 10, 2008, 09:59:22 pm

Title: 10th July 2008 - You are havink such DICKNESS Lie Bot!
Post by: Victoria Waterfield on July 10, 2008, 09:59:22 pm
http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=07102008

It just gets better and better. Even Chucklebot is there!
Title: Re: 10th July 2008 - You are havink such DICKNESS Lie Bot!
Post by: Cap'n Squeakers on July 10, 2008, 10:12:34 pm
 Pope Todd is here with Claes Oldenburg's cigarette.
Title: Re: 10th July 2008 - You are havink such DICKNESS Lie Bot!
Post by: wombat on July 10, 2008, 10:17:39 pm
I for one would not mourn if Taffy took his new friend home with him.
Title: Re: 10th July 2008 - You are havink such DICKNESS Lie Bot!
Post by: Cap'n Squeakers on July 10, 2008, 10:24:25 pm
Is Philippe trying or what?

I cannot wait for him to inevitably wet himself during the ceremony, be scolded by Mr. Bear, and run crying into the bushes.  SUffer, you little otter!  Suffer for my amusement!
Title: Re: 10th July 2008 - You are havink such DICKNESS Lie Bot!
Post by: littlefallsmets on July 10, 2008, 10:54:08 pm
"I Kick Men's Asses And I Vote".

I... like this bumper sticker.
Title: Re: 10th July 2008 - You are havink such DICKNESS Lie Bot!
Post by: oball on July 10, 2008, 11:55:24 pm
We have seen the bumper sticker before. (http://achewood.com/index.php?date=11192007)
Title: Re: 10th July 2008 - You are havink such DICKNESS Lie Bot!
Post by: Arachno-capitalist on July 10, 2008, 11:57:27 pm
We have seen the bumper sticker before. (http://achewood.com/index.php?date=11192007)
Ohhhh shhhiiittttt
Title: Re: 10th July 2008 - You are havink such DICKNESS Lie Bot!
Post by: CortJstr on July 11, 2008, 12:09:29 am
We have seen the bumper sticker before. (http://achewood.com/index.php?date=11192007)

Clearly I'm no longer needed here.

And yes, Molly's neck is way messed up. Not to mention her arms and basically everything but her head looks weird compared to normal. Did she starve herself to look good?

What the hell is going on behind Pat?
Title: Re: 10th July 2008 - You are havink such DICKNESS Lie Bot!
Post by: pmcd9 on July 11, 2008, 12:27:10 am
You're not even looking, fucker!
Title: Re: 10th July 2008 - You are havink such DICKNESS Lie Bot!
Post by: AugustWest on July 11, 2008, 12:35:11 am

 Did she starve herself to look good?


That was my take on it.  I think she looks good.
Title: Re: 10th July 2008 - You are havink such DICKNESS Lie Bot!
Post by: Cap'n Squeakers on July 11, 2008, 12:37:30 am
That was my take on it.  I think she looks good.

I tihink she looks like Princess Leia from the final scene in Star Wars.  But I say that about everybody.
Title: Re: 10th July 2008 - You are havink such DICKNESS Lie Bot!
Post by: pmcd9 on July 11, 2008, 12:43:41 am
Where is Teodor Onstad asks.  Where is Roast Beef is a better question.
Title: Re: 10th July 2008 - You are havink such DICKNESS Lie Bot!
Post by: Arachno-capitalist on July 11, 2008, 12:55:44 am
Where is Teodor Onstad asks.  Where is Roast Beef is a better question.
Hopefully with Nightlife Mingus getting greened up.

That was my take on it.  I think she looks good.
You think women look good when they starve themselves, is that what you're saying here? That you think women should starve themselves to look good for you?
Title: Re: 10th July 2008 - You are havink such DICKNESS Lie Bot!
Post by: oball on July 11, 2008, 01:44:04 am
What the hell is going on behind Pat?

That would be the autumn sons performing physical antics for the additional diversion of the guests, as they were ordered to by Molly's father in the previous strip.
Title: Re: 10th July 2008 - You are havink such DICKNESS Lie Bot!
Post by: AugustWest on July 11, 2008, 02:01:10 am
You think women look good when they starve themselves, is that what you're saying here? That you think women should starve themselves to look good for you?

Yeah, that's precisely what I meant.
Title: Re: 10th July 2008 - You are havink such DICKNESS Lie Bot!
Post by: Choop on July 11, 2008, 06:54:46 am
damn oball swingin the strong sack of knowery tonight

if i could umptouple-can you i would but there's a damn timer
Title: Re: 10th July 2008 - You are havink such DICKNESS Lie Bot!
Post by: pmcd9 on July 11, 2008, 11:15:25 am
I just noticed Lie Bot's angel wings.
Title: Re: 10th July 2008 - You are havink such DICKNESS Lie Bot!
Post by: Toaster on July 11, 2008, 02:27:21 pm
Is Rod referring to the ocean liner or the actual Queen?
Title: Re: 10th July 2008 - You are havink such DICKNESS Lie Bot!
Post by: MagFlare on July 11, 2008, 05:17:10 pm
Also: what the hell game are LN and Taffy playing? My videogame knowledge is pretty extensive - an artifact of a wasted youth - but I can't think of any game that a.) is playable with a Wii Classic controller and b.) requires you to fight Turkish food.
Title: Re: 10th July 2008 - You are havink such DICKNESS Lie Bot!
Post by: Victoria Waterfield on July 11, 2008, 06:20:21 pm
Also: what the hell game are LN and Taffy playing? My videogame knowledge is pretty extensive - an artifact of a wasted youth - but I can't think of any game that a.) is playable with a Wii Classic controller and b.) requires you to fight Turkish food.

Grand Theft Auto: Istanbul?
Title: Re: 10th July 2008 - You are havink such DICKNESS Lie Bot!
Post by: theinevitable on July 11, 2008, 08:06:00 pm
so, I like that there are no Winter sons.

also, my understanding was that the thinness was probably due to some kind of welsh horrid corset.
Title: Re: 10th July 2008 - You are havink such DICKNESS Lie Bot!
Post by: pmcd9 on July 11, 2008, 08:11:39 pm
so, I like that there are no Winter sons.

I get the impression that Taffy is a winter son.  And I think there is another son mentioned in Molly's blog that isn't present.  Or did I count the numbers wrong?

also, my understanding was that the thinness was probably due to some kind of welsh horrid corset.

No, she has starved herself to be thin for her wedding.  It's the way things are done.
Title: Re: 10th July 2008 - You are havink such DICKNESS Lie Bot!
Post by: jay-ell on July 11, 2008, 10:08:18 pm
I get the impression that Taffy is a winter son.  And I think there is another son mentioned in Molly's blog that isn't present.  Or did I count the numbers wrong?

No, she has starved herself to be thin for her wedding.  It's the way things are done.

Yes, I too think Taffy is the only winter son.  Based on the fact that the 7/8 strip is titled, "A Winter Son."  Which is easy to miss if you don't get the strips off an RSS feed. 

Also, while I guess a lot of ladies starve themselves, I thought of the Welsh corset thing first, and then thought she looked oddly human-shaped, and maybe that was the point of the corset?  But then I thought that wouldn't explain the weird neck-lines.  Anyway, I didn't starve myself for my wedding, and actually weighed more on my wedding day than I did on our third anniversary.  But then, I'm kind of a freak that way. 

I guess my mother-in-law's seamstress finally refused to take her dress in any further, because she lost so much weight in the weeks before the wedding it had to be taken in multiple times. 

Weird. 
Title: Re: 10th July 2008 - You are havink such DICKNESS Lie Bot!
Post by: Ben-San on July 11, 2008, 11:25:54 pm
Also: what the hell game are LN and Taffy playing? My videogame knowledge is pretty extensive - an artifact of a wasted youth - but I can't think of any game that a.) is playable with a Wii Classic controller and b.) requires you to fight Turkish food.

Either it's a WiiWare title which has yet to receive non-Underground release or they're using a homebrew to emulate UFO Kamen Yakisoban! for the Super Famicom, in which you play as a superhero with a bowl of instant yakisoba on his head and one of the bosses is a man dressed as a gyro (gyros and doner kebab being easily confused, especially without translation). While I can see LN hellz a haxxin da wiiii with his Freeloader disc and hella swap trixx, I have trouble imagining him doing so for the purpose of playing UFO Kamen Yakisoban!.
Title: Re: 10th July 2008 - You are havink such DICKNESS Lie Bot!
Post by: wombat on July 12, 2008, 12:42:57 am
Can someone tell me how much of that Ben-San is making up?
Title: Re: 10th July 2008 - You are havink such DICKNESS Lie Bot!
Post by: jaydub on July 12, 2008, 01:00:29 am
I'm trying to decide whether he wrote that in English.
Title: Re: 10th July 2008 - You are havink such DICKNESS Lie Bot!
Post by: Ben-San on July 12, 2008, 01:13:14 am
Can someone tell me how much of that Ben-San is making up?

None of it. UFO Kamen Yakisoban! was a Super Famicom (Japanese version of the Super NES) game released by the Nissin corporation in 1994 as a tie-in for their UFO Yakisoba brand instant noodles. (Nissin is best known in the US as the makers of Top Ramen.) At the time, the spokesman character for UFO Yakisoba was a superhero named UFO Kamen Yakisoban, who was briefly very popular in Japan much the same way the California Raisins were in the US. By collecting labels from UFO Yakisoba and sending them in with money, one could earn a copy of UFO Kamen Yakisoban!.

The game itself is a side-scrolling brawling game in which one plays as UFO Kamen Yakisoban and battles various colorful enemies while collecting bowls of yakisoba to power up, with the bosses being people dressed as various sorts of other fast food. From the times I played it, I vaguely remember one of the bosses being a gyro or something very similar. It's a decent game but not fantastic; the main things it has going for it are (1) its strange premise and (2) the fact that, as a limited-time promotional offer reward, actual cartridges are rare and therefore quite expensive. These two factors make it popular among gamers emulating video game systems on their computers with illegally-downloaded ROM images of the game cartridges, but as I said it doesn't seem like LN's kind of game.
Title: Re: 10th July 2008 - You are havink such DICKNESS Lie Bot!
Post by: wombat on July 12, 2008, 01:18:11 am
He's pulling our legs, isn't he? But given that I have a collection of a Japanese character that is a depressed bean paste bun (http://www.rebsig.com/kogepan/), it's hard to know where to draw the plausibility line.

If he's not, is there some way I can play this game?
Title: Re: 10th July 2008 - You are havink such DICKNESS Lie Bot!
Post by: Toaster on July 12, 2008, 01:29:56 am
Why can't it just be a fictional game? After all, Picnic Panic and Breast Attack On Fuck Mountain aren't real, are they?
Title: Re: 10th July 2008 - You are havink such DICKNESS Lie Bot!
Post by: wombat on July 12, 2008, 01:32:22 am
Why can't it just be a fictional game? After all, Picnic Panic and Breast Attack On Fuck Mountain aren't real, are they?

They're not???
Title: Re: 10th July 2008 - You are havink such DICKNESS Lie Bot!
Post by: Arachno-capitalist on July 12, 2008, 01:37:14 am
I can verify through independent analysis that Ben has in fact not invented something stranger than reality.
 History verifying his story. (http://www.vgden.com/sfc/reviews/ufo.htm)
See the game here (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bUcgCjOW2EA)
Buy the game here (http://cgi.ebay.com/UFO-KAMEN-YAKISOBAN-SNES-SUPER-FAMICOM-IMPORT-RARE_W0QQitemZ230267231910QQcmdZViewItem?IMSfp=TL0807021866r1501)
Play the game here (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eBGIQ7ZuuiU)
Title: Re: 10th July 2008 - You are havink such DICKNESS Lie Bot!
Post by: jay-ell on July 12, 2008, 03:32:58 am
None of it. UFO Kamen Yakisoban! was a Super Famicom (Japanese version of the Super NES) game released by the Nissin corporation in 1994 as a tie-in for their UFO Yakisoba brand instant noodles. (Nissin is best known in the US as the makers of Top Ramen.) At the time, the spokesman character for UFO Yakisoba was a superhero named UFO Kamen Yakisoban, who was briefly very popular in Japan much the same way the California Raisins were in the US. By collecting labels from UFO Yakisoba and sending them in with money, one could earn a copy of UFO Kamen Yakisoban!.

The game itself is a side-scrolling brawling game in which one plays as UFO Kamen Yakisoban and battles various colorful enemies while collecting bowls of yakisoba to power up, with the bosses being people dressed as various sorts of other fast food. From the times I played it, I vaguely remember one of the bosses being a gyro or something very similar. It's a decent game but not fantastic; the main things it has going for it are (1) its strange premise and (2) the fact that, as a limited-time promotional offer reward, actual cartridges are rare and therefore quite expensive. These two factors make it popular among gamers emulating video game systems on their computers with illegally-downloaded ROM images of the game cartridges, but as I said it doesn't seem like LN's kind of game.

*swoon*

Talk nerdy to me, baby. 
Title: Re: 10th July 2008 - You are havink such DICKNESS Lie Bot!
Post by: jaydub on July 12, 2008, 08:48:36 pm
Pedro's secret is revealed.
Title: Re: 10th July 2008 - You are havink such DICKNESS Lie Bot!
Post by: jay-ell on July 13, 2008, 02:41:23 am
Was it ever a secret?