The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: Arachno-capitalist on July 11, 2008, 08:24:08 pm

Title: 11 July 2008 - Let's Get Married To A LADY!
Post by: Arachno-capitalist on July 11, 2008, 08:24:08 pm
http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=07112008 (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=07112008)

Its downhill from here.
Title: Re: 11 July 2008 - Let's Get Married To A LADY!
Post by: pmcd9 on July 11, 2008, 08:36:12 pm
I was surprised to see Lyle sitting next to Mrs. S, but I guess he knew all along he was just a placeholder.

Damn Ash, mighty defensive there.  Insecurity?
Title: Re: 11 July 2008 - Let's Get Married To A LADY!
Post by: wombat on July 11, 2008, 08:39:28 pm
OMG, Beef's outfit... I would have second thoughts. I somehow didn't realize that that was what he was going to show up to the actual wedding in.
Title: Re: 11 July 2008 - Let's Get Married To A LADY!
Post by: colmore on July 11, 2008, 08:52:19 pm
From the look of the shirt Beef's leaving single-manhood the way he went in:

probably liking Joy Division a little too much.
Title: Re: 11 July 2008 - Let's Get Married To A LADY!
Post by: jaydub on July 11, 2008, 09:37:18 pm
Note: hand holding and similar plane head inclination with half smiles is cool.

I like how his furious eyebrows fade once Sondra notices him.  Also, who the hell does Ray think he's fooling? 
Title: Re: 11 July 2008 - Let's Get Married To A LADY!
Post by: Drygioni on July 11, 2008, 09:52:09 pm
I fuck*ng love Lyle. Nearly any facial expression he pulls cracks me up.

[/contribution]
Title: Re: 11 July 2008 - Let's Get Married To A LADY!
Post by: jay-ell on July 11, 2008, 10:01:16 pm
I adore the idea of seeing Ray's parents reconnecting.  That makes me happier than the last four panels combined. 

In fact, I'd have been OK with the strip ending at panel 10. 

Maybe even panel 9. 

Yeah, I'm a sap. 
Title: Re: 11 July 2008 - Let's Get Married To A LADY!
Post by: misterqueue on July 11, 2008, 11:00:30 pm
Folks, what you are missing is the fact that even with a man most badass and time, there is an undeniable connection between Ms. Smuckles and Ramses.

This is the poignant point that poinsettias most often egregious disagree.  You will learn though, in time.

In time all souls go to the fire.   All souls do burn.

In time.   




Hello.   Goodbye.
Title: Re: 11 July 2008 - Let's Get Married To A LADY!
Post by: Doc on July 11, 2008, 11:25:46 pm
Did someone else just feel a gust of wind through the house? The faraway laughter of your childhood just on the edge of hearing?


I think my favourite thing is that we don't see Lyle move, we see the realisation of who it is and then he's gone.

probably liking Joy Division a little too much.
Thankyou for making my hang-over saturday morning a little more awesome.
Title: Re: 11 July 2008 - Let's Get Married To A LADY!
Post by: Doc on July 12, 2008, 12:03:11 am
Wait, did I just get a drive by handjob?

It is this fear that restrained my response. On a meta-level though if Q made 5 more posts then he could make one a year after that and his post count would match the year.
Title: Re: 11 July 2008 - Let's Get Married To A LADY!
Post by: Doc on July 12, 2008, 12:24:47 am
Quick! Bring the best robe and put it on him. Put a ring on his finger and sandals on his feet. Bring the fattened calf and kill it. Let's have a feast and celebrate.
Title: Re: 11 July 2008 - Let's Get Married To A LADY!
Post by: wombat on July 12, 2008, 12:36:16 am
I must have had too much to drink tonight. I could have sworn I clicked on the thread for today's comic, but there were posts by misterqueue in it.
Title: Re: 11 July 2008 - Let's Get Married To A LADY!
Post by: wombat on July 12, 2008, 12:46:48 am
Wait, did I just get a drive by handjob?

Is that a good thing or a bad thing?
Title: Re: 11 July 2008 - Let's Get Married To A LADY!
Post by: Toaster on July 12, 2008, 01:34:31 am
Is that a good thing or a bad thing?

It is a bad thing, because you cannot tell if the person who did it is desirable. Yes, I do look gift hosss in the mouth. Routinely.
Title: Re: 11 July 2008 - Let's Get Married To A LADY!
Post by: CortJstr on July 12, 2008, 01:49:04 am
Hello.   Goodbye.

Hey!

Goodbye.

Aw.



Also, Lyle is a dude who knows when to get the fuck out a man's way.
Title: Re: 11 July 2008 - Let's Get Married To A LADY!
Post by: Golfhaus on July 12, 2008, 01:55:49 am
Too much awesome. Minus the diamond-juice, this is kinda how my best man and I handled our responsibilities at each other's weddings.

Title: Re: 11 July 2008 - Let's Get Married To A LADY!
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on July 12, 2008, 02:25:17 am
First, you're welcome here as far as I'm concerned. You gots game, lamb-chops.

Seconds, you don't want to play the dick game step off the supercilious and condescending train with your first post in an epoch. You coulda developed that angle without calling miss-in-error and still drove that fucker out of the park.

Thirds & final wrap, sloppy hugs & a beer.

Wombat: It all depends.

The Hell did I miss an Asperger's cat-fight all up ins?

Someone Cliffs Notes this for me, I've got cares.
Title: Re: 11 July 2008 - Let's Get Married To A LADY!
Post by: littlefallsmets on July 12, 2008, 03:09:43 am
Lyle is crazy... Lyle ain't stupid.

(Also: I am apparently incredible sentimental, from my reaction to this strip.)
Title: Re: 11 July 2008 - Let's Get Married To A LADY!
Post by: Choop on July 12, 2008, 08:15:21 am
OMG MR Q COME BAAAAAAAAAACK
Title: Re: 11 July 2008 - Let's Get Married To A LADY!
Post by: pmcd9 on July 12, 2008, 01:06:47 pm
Misterqueue!!!  Please come home.  Bring Hobot with you.
Title: Re: 11 July 2008 - Let's Get Married To A LADY!
Post by: Carlos del Vaca on July 14, 2008, 01:39:24 pm
Le Queue!