The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: V-Adore on November 06, 2003, 12:48:11 am

Title: Pat, Stay Off the Beach! (it is no longer October) (11-05-03)
Post by: V-Adore on November 06, 2003, 12:48:11 am
Well, okay, this does answer my question about where Pat is. Also, I love Arthur, although at first glance in the first panel I assumed he was Frank, of the Sanryobuki artificial liver.

Nice to see Pat's at least working on his issues now.

Strip (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=11052003).
Title: 11/5 -- Pat, Stay Off the Beach! (it is no longer October)
Post by: slink on November 06, 2003, 01:17:13 am
Yes, I have a new love. Frank...
He's great already! Though I hope that's not him still in a halloween costume.

Apple for a brain. The motherfucker makes it.
Title: 11/5 -- Pat, Stay Off the Beach! (it is no longer October)
Post by: sjlimmer on November 06, 2003, 01:50:33 am
This strip is a thing of beauty.  That is all.
Title: 11/5 -- Pat, Stay Off the Beach! (it is no longer October)
Post by: AugustWest on November 06, 2003, 02:12:40 am
Wow.  A new character and a new car, all in one strip.  So Pat drives a mid-80's Mustang, eh?  I can believe it.
Title: 11/5 -- Pat, Stay Off the Beach! (it is no longer October)
Post by: side_show on November 06, 2003, 02:30:42 am
Frank rawks the house!!  This strip rawks!!!
Title: 11/5 -- Pat, Stay Off the Beach! (it is no longer October)
Post by: Choop on November 06, 2003, 03:18:46 am
Quote from: "AugustWest"
So Pat drives a mid-80's Mustang, eh?


Honestly, I hate being the fact-checking and rebutting asshole around here, but seriously. Mid-80's? Bzzzt. That's so clearly a mid/late 60's 'Stang it hurts me to hear you compare it to that piece of Corolla that was all over the place from '83 to '88.

jough's probably gonna ban me if I keep acting like this.
Title: 11/5 -- Pat, Stay Off the Beach! (it is no longer October)
Post by: AlohaDawg on November 06, 2003, 03:39:20 am
Who is Mr. Gary? And how could Arthur be in an anger support group? I would SO LOVE to see Arthur have an anger breakdown!
Title: 11/5 -- Pat, Stay Off the Beach! (it is no longer October)
Post by: V-Adore on November 06, 2003, 04:56:18 am
Quote from: "AlohaDawg"
Who is Mr. Gary? And how could Arthur be in an anger support group? I would SO LOVE to see Arthur have an anger breakdown!

Arthur would just pimp-slap people. You know it.
Title: 11/5 -- Pat, Stay Off the Beach! (it is no longer October)
Post by: AugustWest on November 06, 2003, 06:11:53 am
Quote from: "Choopernickel"
Quote from: "AugustWest"
So Pat drives a mid-80's Mustang, eh?


Honestly, I hate being the fact-checking and rebutting asshole around here, but seriously. Mid-80's? Bzzzt. That's so clearly a mid/late 60's 'Stang it hurts me to hear you compare it to that piece of Corolla that was all over the place from '83 to '88.

jough's probably gonna ban me if I keep acting like this.


Dude?  Nuh-uh.  That is clearly a wimpy-ass, designed by committee '80s, V-6 Mustang, not a Testosterone fueled '60s version with a 351 Cleveland or something.

What the hell else would Pat drive?
Title: 11/5 -- Pat, Stay Off the Beach! (it is no longer October)
Post by: jough on November 06, 2003, 06:45:07 am
oh my god i swear i'm just going to have to bitch-slap the lot of you...

It's a 1968 Mustang:

(http://www.victorianvilla.com/sims-mitchell/mustang/68c/011001-image.jpg)
Title: 11/5 -- Pat, Stay Off the Beach! (it is no longer October)
Post by: jough on November 06, 2003, 06:47:56 am
Choop, I'm not going to ban you because you're absolutely right.  I'm glad you're here in my stead to put these punk-ass muthafuckas in their place.

80s?  V6?  I think NOT.  That is a bonafide V8 gasoline pisser on wheels, ready to tear up the road and fuck*ng UNLEASH at a moment's notice.

The '69 changed the hood, and the earlier models didn't have the cool-ass door that Beef's obviously has.

It's a 1968 Ford Mustang V8.

As for the strip, I'd imagine that Arthur is going to lose his cool and totally go "sling blade" on Nice Pete.
Title: not really a new car
Post by: ndpatel on November 06, 2003, 08:31:24 am
Quote from: "AugustWest"
Wow.  A new character and a new car, all in one strip.  So Pat drives a mid-80's Mustang, eh?  I can believe it.


actually, we've seen this car before (http://achewood.com/index.php?date=03012002).

what i want to see is TODD, in the VAN, just KICKIN ASS TINY STYLE.
Title: 11/5 -- Pat, Stay Off the Beach! (it is no longer October)
Post by: jough on November 06, 2003, 09:49:25 am
ndpatel, you are the best first poster ever.  Not only did you contribute something relevant to the discussion, but you linked to a reference strip to back up something you wrote.

Welcome to the fora you big geek.
Title: 11/5 -- Pat, Stay Off the Beach! (it is no longer October)
Post by: jough on November 06, 2003, 09:51:46 am
Nice Achewood reference here, too:
http://www.sixtyeights.com/photos/
Title: 11/5 -- Pat, Stay Off the Beach! (it is no longer October)
Post by: jough on November 06, 2003, 10:46:54 am
V-Adore, do you still think it's October?

Did someone not turn over her calendar? Hrm?
Title: 11/5 -- Pat, Stay Off the Beach! (it is no longer October)
Post by: jough on November 06, 2003, 10:47:29 am
And just for the record, it creeps me out too to see my face repeated four times in a row like this.
Title: 11/5 -- Pat, Stay Off the Beach! (it is no longer October)
Post by: AugustWest on November 06, 2003, 02:24:59 pm
Imagine the effect on the rest of us.

I don't know, I still don't see Pat driving a car as cool as a '68 Mustang.  He's too bunged up for it.
Title: 11/5 -- Pat, Stay Off the Beach! (it is no longer October)
Post by: CortJstr on November 06, 2003, 02:33:51 pm
Quote from: "AlohaDawg"
Who is Mr. Gary? And how could Arthur be in an anger support group? I would SO LOVE to see Arthur have an anger breakdown!


I picture Arthur like the old Adrian Street character. All mincin' around and dressin' flashy then suddenly delivering the most savage beatdown you've ever witnessed before returning to full mince mode.
Title: 11/5 -- Pat, Stay Off the Beach! (it is no longer October)
Post by: AlohaDawg on November 06, 2003, 05:17:35 pm
I do sort of get a Rip-Taylor-going-berserk sort of thing.
Title: 11/5 -- Pat, Stay Off the Beach! (it is no longer October)
Post by: V-Adore on November 06, 2003, 09:20:20 pm
Quote from: "jough"
V-Adore, do you still think it's October?

Did someone not turn over her calendar? Hrm?

Apparently I was a gigantic moron and thought it was October. My apologies. (Go 'head and change the subject line, if you like.)

I'm surprised I'm not still writing checks in 2002.
Title: 11/5 -- Pat, Stay Off the Beach! (it is no longer October)
Post by: V-Adore on November 06, 2003, 11:15:52 pm
Thank you, Jough. Now, every time I visit this forum, I will be reminded that it is no longer October.