The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: littlefallsmets on July 17, 2008, 09:15:52 am

Title: July 17th, 2008 - "word-style hero"
Post by: littlefallsmets on July 17, 2008, 09:15:52 am
http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=07172008 (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=07172008)

Yeah, I mean... if you're LUCKY, it ends with an eighty-dollar tube out your wang.

Which basically underlines the fallacy that is luck.
Title: Re: July 17th, 2008 - "word-style hero"
Post by: Bimmicus on July 17, 2008, 10:14:34 am
Good ol' Beef. Always taking the long view.
Title: Re: July 17th, 2008 - "word-style hero"
Post by: oball on July 17, 2008, 11:37:34 am
Panel 3.

YES
Title: Re: July 17th, 2008 - "word-style hero"
Post by: Doc on July 17, 2008, 12:02:55 pm
Man I was enjoying this until the last panel. Only because I know Ray's going to get his heart broke.
Maybe I'm doing too much Beef thinking.
Title: Re: July 17th, 2008 - "word-style hero"
Post by: wombat on July 17, 2008, 12:52:47 pm
oh god. The guy from the county comes and checks the Yes box after Is It A Shame.  That's exactly what I've always feared.
Title: Re: July 17th, 2008 - "word-style hero"
Post by: CortJstr on July 17, 2008, 12:53:43 pm
Hell, I'm surprised that Pat even took the roll. I'm sure it wasn't made with ecoganic unbleached flour.

Panels 3 and 8 are clearly the best.

Wombat, it could be worse. He could check the Yes box after Is It For The Best
Title: Re: July 17th, 2008 - "word-style hero"
Post by: Doc on July 17, 2008, 01:02:04 pm
He could check the Yes box after Is It For The Best

Noooooooooooooooooooooo!
Title: Re: July 17th, 2008 - "word-style hero"
Post by: Golfhaus on July 17, 2008, 02:03:29 pm
Or he could check the No box for "Is it Anyone That Matters?"
Title: Re: July 17th, 2008 - "word-style hero"
Post by: colmore on July 17, 2008, 05:53:04 pm
Wait.  Did Ray not know Ramses was there this whole time?

I'm actually a little uncomfortable with Pat being made to break his ethics by an Intimidating Personality.  Even if Pat usually is a jerk about it.

At this point, this arc has me so warm and happy it can't do wrong.
Title: Re: July 17th, 2008 - "word-style hero"
Post by: littlefallsmets on July 17, 2008, 06:05:11 pm
Pat doesn't believe in any of the things he does or says, though, they're not his ethics.

These are all just things he does to feel superior, not because he actually believes in the underlying principle.

So it is totally totally cool to mess with that.
Title: Re: July 17th, 2008 - "word-style hero"
Post by: Ben-San on July 17, 2008, 06:45:51 pm
Yeah, Ramses isn't messing with Simon, who I sort of see also being vegan but not living the crusader jackass life by it.

The man just Knows who needs a beatin'.
Title: Re: July 17th, 2008 - "word-style hero"
Post by: Limmo on July 17, 2008, 07:00:49 pm
Ramses? Bikram Yoga? Not buyin' it.
Title: Re: July 17th, 2008 - "word-style hero"
Post by: jay-ell on July 17, 2008, 07:24:40 pm
Ramses? Bikram Yoga? Not buyin' it.


I am.  That shit is HARD to the CORE. 

I had a substitute yoga teacher one time who usually teaches bikram, and all he did was shut down the A/C, but it was like, woah, all of a sudden it seems to take more effort to move, yet my muscles and joints have melted into putty, which allows me to be a little pretzel-lady, even more than usual! 

It's like your muscles absorb the heat  in the room, which is both a blessing and a curse.  Regular yoga is like running on a treadmill at the gym; bikram yoga is like running a marathon through Kenya. 

Also, the yoga teacher was an incredibly sexy, very masculine man, a tall bald black man with perfect muscle definition and a pleasing voice, all doing shoulder stands and saying, "And then, if it feels good, you can take it to the next level by placing your feet behind your head." 

The sexual tension in that room was almost too much to bear.  So I can totally see Ramses all up on that action. 
Title: Re: July 17th, 2008 - "word-style hero"
Post by: Drygioni on July 17, 2008, 08:22:42 pm
Also, the yoga teacher was an incredibly sexy, very masculine man, a tall bald black man with perfect muscle definition and a pleasing voice, all doing shoulder stands and saying, "And then, if it feels good, you can take it to the next level by placing your feet behind your head." 

I think I just came.
Title: Re: July 17th, 2008 - "word-style hero"
Post by: AugustWest on July 17, 2008, 11:42:06 pm
Hells yes Bikram is Hard to the CORE.

97 degrees in my hot yoga class tonight.  Hell of sweaty MILFs.
Title: Re: July 17th, 2008 - "word-style hero"
Post by: Limmo on July 18, 2008, 02:58:17 pm
I am.  That shit is HARD to the CORE. 

Sorry.  Can't see Ramses Luther on a mat with a bottle of Dasani next to him. 

Doing curls with full propane tanks or bench-pressing a length of #18 rebar with three concrete blocks on each end sounds a little more his style.

Have you ever taken an Ashtanga yoga class?  There's your hardcore.   
Title: Re: July 17th, 2008 - "word-style hero"
Post by: Ben-San on July 18, 2008, 07:35:58 pm
Dasani nothing, guy just brings an old-style flask full of Don't Ask.
Title: Re: July 17th, 2008 - "word-style hero"
Post by: AugustWest on July 18, 2008, 10:27:36 pm
Sorry.  Can't see Ramses Luther on a mat with a bottle of Dasani next to him. 

Doing curls with full propane tanks or bench-pressing a length of #18 rebar with three concrete blocks on each end sounds a little more his style.

Have you ever taken an Ashtanga yoga class?  There's your hardcore.   

At least 3 days a week.  Bikram is exponentially harder.
Title: Re: July 17th, 2008 - "word-style hero"
Post by: memnarch on July 19, 2008, 03:30:04 am
Does anybody else think that Roast Beef's suit is rockin'? I would wear the heck out of that thing if I had one...
Title: Re: July 17th, 2008 - "word-style hero"
Post by: Limmo on July 20, 2008, 11:57:09 pm
At least 3 days a week.  Bikram is exponentially harder.

Exponentially?

Guess we'll just have to agree to disagree.