The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: Arachno-capitalist on July 24, 2008, 02:31:10 am

Title: Achewood in GQ
Post by: Arachno-capitalist on July 24, 2008, 02:31:10 am
I, as a gentleman, subscribe to this fine periodical. Achewood made an appearance, without commentary other than a bubble that said "Anti Funny-Pages"
I made this image with my scanner for you.

(http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j236/yuhaszc/achewoodGQ-1.jpg?t=1216866568)
Link to readable image. (http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j236/yuhaszc/achewoodGQ-1.jpg?t=1216866568)
Title: Re: Achewood in GQ
Post by: wombat on July 24, 2008, 12:20:37 pm
Thank you for that. I am no long about to engage in awkward standing around Borders reading a magazine that seems vaguely embarrassing.
Title: Re: Achewood in GQ
Post by: pmcd9 on July 24, 2008, 03:17:17 pm
That was funny as hell.  It seems tailored for GQ.  I wonder if he's gonna run that in the regular strip when there is a lull in the storylines?
Title: Re: Achewood in GQ
Post by: Arachno-capitalist on July 24, 2008, 03:28:12 pm
Im waiting for the opportunity to use "you know what it is? I let some scientists chop off my dick last night. My mind is all over the place" in a casual setting, like if I turn in a paper with the wrong heading.
Title: Re: Achewood in GQ
Post by: jaydub on July 24, 2008, 08:32:24 pm
Onstad seems angry at his audience in this one.  I like it though.
Title: Re: Achewood in GQ
Post by: pmcd9 on July 25, 2008, 05:45:15 am
I like how when Ray returns from the restroom the woman is absentmindely toying wth her necklace to no one in particular.
Title: Re: Achewood in GQ
Post by: Golfhaus on July 26, 2008, 04:53:14 pm
This decision-making flowchart had exactly one decision to make. Granted, that's kinda par for the course for Achewood flowcharts, but still...
Title: Re: Achewood in GQ
Post by: Toaster on July 28, 2008, 02:20:12 pm
I sketch in a Moleskine! And I subscribe to GQ! And I like this.

Everybody knows that mandrake roots look like people, but I never made the connection that they are like babies in particular. I mean, we've all seen Pan's Labyrinth, but the connection never stuck. Now I will never stop seeing it.

Oh, damn, I said connection twice. You know what it is? I let some scientists chop off my dick last night. My mind is all over the place.

(Bows.) Exire.
Title: Re: Achewood in GQ
Post by: colmore on July 31, 2008, 02:42:51 am
Onstad still has the best Chris Ware imitation going when he wants to.

Honestly, it's a better Ware imitation than Ware does these days.  Though, everyone should read Jimmy Corrigan, assuming everyone wants to spend 6 hours reading a comic book about loneliness.