The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: MrCB on July 25, 2008, 09:18:57 am

Title: 25th July 2008 - Koodge
Post by: MrCB on July 25, 2008, 09:18:57 am
http://achewood.com/index.php?date=07252008 (http://achewood.com/index.php?date=07252008)

Looks like Lil' Nephew is set to join the Welshmen in the sky... what will become of this!
Title: Re: 25th July 2008 - Koodge
Post by: Doc on July 25, 2008, 10:26:32 am
I'm feeling good about where this is going.

Terrible is the new horrible.
Title: Re: 25th July 2008 - Koodge
Post by: Caustic Armadillo on July 25, 2008, 10:29:08 am
I could dig a Little Nephew In Heaven arc.
Title: Re: 25th July 2008 - Koodge
Post by: Arachno-capitalist on July 25, 2008, 02:41:41 pm
http://achewood.com/index.php?date=11142007 (http://achewood.com/index.php?date=11142007)
KOODGE makes a return!
Title: Re: 25th July 2008 - Koodge
Post by: revdj on July 25, 2008, 03:30:51 pm
Even after yesterday, it didn't sink in on me what the plan was for Little Nephew.
Title: Re: 25th July 2008 - Koodge
Post by: Cap'n Squeakers on July 25, 2008, 03:57:16 pm
Oh, little Nephew...  Is there anything less gangsta than being shot, point blank, with a blunderbuss by an ancient Welshman?  No.  No, there is not.
Title: Re: 25th July 2008 - Koodge
Post by: pmcd9 on July 25, 2008, 03:59:27 pm
Oh Hell yes, the LN lovers (i.e. me) are in for a treat.

Terrible is the new horrible.

Also, nothing could possibly be more gansta than getting capped.  Who and how you get capped is irrelevant.
Title: Re: 25th July 2008 - Koodge
Post by: jay-ell on July 25, 2008, 06:00:23 pm
I could dig a Little Nephew In Heaven arc.

I could dig a "never seeing LN again" arc. 

For the rest of my life. 
Title: Re: 25th July 2008 - Koodge
Post by: Cap'n Squeakers on July 25, 2008, 07:00:57 pm
Also, nothing could possibly be more gansta than getting capped.  Who and how you get capped is irrelevant.

Somehow I can't see Dr. Dre producing a joint about, say, being crushed by a faling crate full of clown shoes.
Title: Re: 25th July 2008 - Koodge
Post by: Bimmicus on July 25, 2008, 07:36:34 pm
Nice Don Martin sound effect.
Title: Re: 25th July 2008 - Koodge
Post by: wombat on July 25, 2008, 07:54:50 pm
I could dig a "never seeing LN again" arc. 

For the rest of my life. 

Same here!
Title: Re: 25th July 2008 - Koodge
Post by: colmore on July 25, 2008, 10:37:01 pm
Just going to chime in with a "hot damn this strip is on a roll, don't stop."

Seriously though.  Free entertainment ain't gotta be this good.
Title: Re: 25th July 2008 - Koodge
Post by: dryguy on July 26, 2008, 12:10:41 am
I hope this means more Trouble Man and No-No.
Title: Re: 25th July 2008 - Koodge
Post by: AugustWest on July 26, 2008, 01:26:30 am
Nice Don Martin sound effect.

Deleted panel:  Blood dripping from LN's ruined chest --

"Glit"
"Glort"
"Beeble"
"Durp"
Title: Re: 25th July 2008 - Koodge
Post by: pmcd9 on July 26, 2008, 01:55:04 am
Somehow I can't see Dr. Dre producing a joint about, say, being crushed by a faling crate full of clown shoes.

I wouldn't call being crushed by a crate of clown shoes as being capped exactly.  Dude was cold murdered with a pistol by a medieval badass.  I mean, he didn't flinch, he just pulled out his pistol and wasted him. 
Title: Re: 25th July 2008 - Koodge
Post by: littlefallsmets on July 26, 2008, 02:26:12 am
Mos Nef is... I don't know, I'm looking for an analogy here.

He's a thing that can be very useful as a small factor in a large mix and is terrible as the main factor.

My analogizer is broken right now but you get the point.
Title: Re: 25th July 2008 - Koodge
Post by: Doc on July 26, 2008, 03:14:34 am
I wouldn't call being crushed by a crate of clown shoes as being capped exactly.  Dude was cold murdered with a pistol by a medieval badass.  I mean, he didn't flinch, he just pulled out his pistol and wasted him. 

Not even that, he whistled as he wandered over to do the deed. Iorwerth is a stone cold gangsta.
Title: Re: 25th July 2008 - Koodge
Post by: piecewise on July 26, 2008, 03:37:15 am
Mos Nef is... I don't know, I'm looking for an analogy here.

He's a thing that can be very useful as a small factor in a large mix and is terrible as the main factor.

My analogizer is broken right now but you get the point.

I nominate vinegar?
Title: Re: 25th July 2008 - Koodge
Post by: pmcd9 on July 26, 2008, 05:11:04 am
I don't understand the LN hate.  C'mon this (http://achewood.com/index.php?date=05062003) strip  is basically like treasure.
Title: Re: 25th July 2008 - Koodge
Post by: Dangermoose on July 26, 2008, 06:16:18 am
I don't understand the LN hate.  C'mon this (http://achewood.com/index.php?date=05062003) strip  is basically like treasure.

I don't understand the hate of any one character -- LN, Molly, Philippe?  But then I was raised by hippies.
Title: Re: 25th July 2008 - Koodge
Post by: AugustWest on July 26, 2008, 03:17:06 pm
I don't understand the LN hate.  C'mon this (http://achewood.com/index.php?date=05062003) strip  is basically like treasure.

Not to mention this one. (http://achewood.com/index.php?date=08182004)
Title: Re: 25th July 2008 - Koodge
Post by: pmcd9 on July 26, 2008, 03:21:21 pm
Not to mention this one. (http://achewood.com/index.php?date=08182004)

Here Here!

Also, little Charlie Smuckles blog makes me giggle.
Title: Re: 25th July 2008 - Koodge
Post by: Toaster on July 28, 2008, 02:12:27 pm
Ok, first off:

Oh, little Nephew...  Is there anything less more gangsta than being shot, point blank, with a blunderbuss by an ancient Welshman?  No.  No, there is not.

Yeah, I fixed that for you. Free of charge. Seriously, "blunderbuss" is now what I would like on my death certificate under "cause of death". I will be disappointed by anything less, except possibly "Utahraptor".

And secondly, it's official: my girlfriend and I are in fact Molly and Roast Beef. I mean, I had seen the parallels before, i.e. I am an intelligent, morbid, obsessive-compulsive-depressive, she is from the United Kingdom, I have anxiety attacks, and she calms me down better than http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lorazepam (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lorazepam) ever could. But

Quote from: Molly
All the magazines are saying that terrible is the new horrible and that must be why I love you...

simply clinched it. I have had this exact sentiment expressed to me, just not in the same words. What I'm saying is, it mystifies me not only why my girlfriend would actually put up with me, but why she actually prefers me to other people. I mean, she has no glaring personality disorder that I can see, and that's the first thing I checked. Maybe some of you people who are older more experienced can shed some light for me on why it is that Molly, and by extension, my girlfriend, and by further extension, a certain category of female, would willingly pick a guy who's quite clearly completely fuck*ng nuts. I would like to open this discussion.
Title: Re: 25th July 2008 - Koodge
Post by: CortJstr on July 28, 2008, 04:37:35 pm
Seriously, "blunderbuss" is now what I would like on my death certificate under "cause of death". I will be disappointed by anything less, except possibly "Utahraptor".

You should get a life insurance policy that pays double if your cause of death was hilarious. Blunt force trauma from a glockenspiel. Semi-auto-erotic asphyxiation during relations with clone of self. Round, black bomb with sizzling fuse.
Title: Re: 25th July 2008 - Koodge
Post by: wombat on July 28, 2008, 04:57:08 pm
I'll settle for a grand piano falling out of an apartment building window.
Title: Re: 25th July 2008 - Koodge
Post by: jaydub on July 28, 2008, 07:29:19 pm
You should get a life insurance policy that pays double if your cause of death was hilarious. Blunt force trauma from a glockenspiel. Semi-auto-erotic asphyxiation during relations with clone of self. Round, black bomb with sizzling fuse.
I want some sort of expansion on permitted funeral arrangements to happen in our society.

(http://www.fotolode.com/images/jaydub/funeralarrangements.jpg)
Title: Re: 25th July 2008 - Koodge
Post by: MrCB on July 29, 2008, 06:48:51 am
I want some sort of expansion on permitted funeral arrangements to happen in our society.

For some reason all I can think of now is being solemnly fired from a trebuchet, like a one gun salute to myself.
Title: Re: 25th July 2008 - Koodge
Post by: Doc on July 29, 2008, 07:35:57 am
My dad has always insisted on a viking funeral on his surfboard with his dog. This doesn't even seem vaguely legal.
Title: Re: 25th July 2008 - Koodge
Post by: MrCB on July 29, 2008, 09:02:37 am
My dad has always insisted on a viking funeral on his surfboard with his dog. This doesn't even seem vaguely legal.

The mourners all in black swim shorts and black bikinis. Surfboard carried into the sea on the shoulders of tan, muscled pallbearers. The board catches one last perfect wave as it burst into flame.
Title: Re: 25th July 2008 - Koodge
Post by: Doc on July 29, 2008, 10:11:02 am
Shit. Legal or not I'm doing it now.
Title: Re: 25th July 2008 - Koodge
Post by: Toaster on July 29, 2008, 10:14:16 am
Well, don't do it now. Not like right now.
Title: Re: 25th July 2008 - Koodge
Post by: CortJstr on July 29, 2008, 01:25:49 pm
The mourners all in black swim shorts and black bikinis. Surfboard carried into the sea on the shoulders of tan, muscled pallbearers. The board catches one last perfect wave as it burst into flame.

Somehow this got the song Devil Went Down to Newport stuck in my head.


They were surfing for souls...

Dammit!
Title: Re: 25th July 2008 - Koodge
Post by: Victoria Waterfield on July 29, 2008, 03:52:52 pm
For some reason all I can think of now is being solemnly fired from a trebuchet, like a one gun salute to myself.

If ever you want a can from me, include the word "trebuchet" in your post.
Title: Re: 25th July 2008 - Koodge
Post by: Turbo Ninja on July 29, 2008, 04:05:00 pm
If ever you want a can from me, include the word "trebuchet" in your post.

As fonts go, I think Trebuchet is among the better default inclusions with Windows.  It's contemporary without the serif issues of Lucida Console or the odd curls of the Gill Sans set.
Title: Re: 25th July 2008 - Koodge
Post by: Victoria Waterfield on July 29, 2008, 07:07:50 pm
As fonts go, I think Trebuchet is among the better default inclusions with Windows.  It's contemporary without the serif issues of Lucida Console or the odd curls of the Gill Sans set.

Way to immediately disprove my fondly-held belief that the word "trebuchet" is inherently can-worthy.
Title: Re: 25th July 2008 - Koodge
Post by: CortJstr on July 29, 2008, 07:35:31 pm
Way to immediately disprove my fondly-held belief that the word "trebuchet" is inherently can-worthy.

You should find his house and stage a ballista attack.
Title: Re: 25th July 2008 - Koodge
Post by: jaydub on July 29, 2008, 08:24:45 pm
You should find his house and stage a ballista attack.
To be immediately followed by an onager bombardment.
Title: Re: 25th July 2008 - Koodge
Post by: wombat on July 29, 2008, 08:31:36 pm
WTF!

I just googled 'onager' to see if there was a reason why anyone would propose dropping herds of wild asses as a weapon.

Education.
Title: Re: 25th July 2008 - Koodge
Post by: Turbo Ninja on July 29, 2008, 09:15:58 pm
Way to immediately disprove my fondly-held belief that the word "trebuchet" is inherently can-worthy.

Homonyms!
Title: Re: 25th July 2008 - Koodge
Post by: Death Ray on July 29, 2008, 11:01:12 pm
"Koodge". Great sound effect, that.
Title: Re: 25th July 2008 - Koodge
Post by: executioneer on August 01, 2008, 12:20:46 pm
i've always been a fan of the mangonel myself :(