The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: jough on November 06, 2003, 10:46:17 am

Title: Death Drives a Honda (11-06-03)
Post by: jough on November 06, 2003, 10:46:17 am
Oh god - Beef's face in the last panel is the best yet.

And yet another new car drawing from 'stad.  It's auto week!

Strip (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=11062003). Note that the original strip was replaced at some point.
Title: Death Drives a Honda - 6 November 2003
Post by: Mite on November 06, 2003, 11:11:47 am
And now it's gone? A setup like that and Onstad decides to be anal and change it?
Title: Death Drives a Honda - 6 November 2003
Post by: starlight on November 06, 2003, 12:07:43 pm
Yeah I don't see it; darn ...I have no comic to email mom this morning ..well, she technically didn't see yesterday's (I just told her what happened) since it appeared after I went to bed, but still ...this one seems like it was fun ..darn
Title: Death Drives a Honda - 6 November 2003
Post by: CortJstr on November 06, 2003, 02:15:19 pm
Um, all I'm seeing is Philippe and Nice Pete looking at each other and looking away. What did I miss while Comcast was down last night?
Title: Death Drives a Honda - 6 November 2003
Post by: AugustWest on November 06, 2003, 02:27:46 pm
Yeah, damn, what'd I miss?  That durn revisionist Onstad!

That being said, this strip is simply brilliant.  A work of art.  I love it.
Title: Death Drives a Honda - 6 November 2003
Post by: Lane on November 06, 2003, 03:16:49 pm
This strip has me worried.
Title: Death Drives a Honda - 6 November 2003
Post by: AlohaDawg on November 06, 2003, 05:12:39 pm
I'm not so much worried as annoyed - could someone tell me what the strip looked like that was yanked for the nice pete/Phillippe strip?
Title: Death Drives a Honda - 6 November 2003
Post by: V-Adore on November 06, 2003, 09:21:33 pm
I love the NP/Philippe strip -- so atmospheric and worrying -- but wonder what we missed. Did anyone save it or have it cached?
Title: Death Drives a Honda - 6 November 2003
Post by: Paisley on November 06, 2003, 09:30:48 pm
The alt-text for the Nice Pete/Philippe glance exchange (I know you and you know me and I see you and you see me)--I think this is a Morphine (http://www.morphine3.com/n_index.html) reference, but if so, it's from one of the three trillion versions of this song I don't have on CD. Any other guesses?
Title: Death Drives a Honda - 6 November 2003
Post by: jough on November 06, 2003, 09:49:51 pm
I don't think I have it cached.  When I looked at the new strip it probably wrote over it.

The original had a different bottom panel section, back to beef trying to find them and getting lost, with the most befuddled look on his face EVER.  Just thinking about it makes me laugh.

But I can see why he went back and repeated the scenes in the car with Nice Pete and Philippe.  Maybe he thought up more business for Beef to do and will make an entire strip out of it Friday or next week or something.