The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => Arts & Entertainment => Topic started by: slink on November 06, 2003, 11:50:40 am

Title: Hmmmm. Tertiary Phase....
Post by: slink on November 06, 2003, 11:50:40 am
http://www.bbc.co.uk/cult/news/cult/2003/11/04/7768.shtml
For one, it cannot be done without Peter Jones!
Two... I'm just sceptical. Depends who is adapting it I guess. Hopefully Michael Marshall Smith, or Neil Gaiman. They are the only two people I would let near an Adams book to adapt.

edit:
Dirk Maggs eh. OK... Hmmmmmmm.

The other thing I just thought of.
You cannot take off from where it ended at the start of LtUaE. They are going to have to be sympathetic towards the end of the Man in the Shack, or I will be pissed!
Title: Hmmmm. Tertiary Phase....
Post by: AugustWest on November 06, 2003, 02:20:37 pm
Hmmmmm... could be interesting.

I just picked up Don't Panic, Gaiman's new biography of Douglas Adams, at the library on Tuesday.  I haven't had a chance to read any of it yet since most of my literary time has been tied up with NaNoWriMo lately.
Title: Hmmmm. Tertiary Phase....
Post by: slink on November 06, 2003, 06:55:12 pm
Quote from: "AugustWest"
Hmmmmm... could be interesting.

I just picked up Don't Panic, Gaiman's new biography of Douglas Adams, at the library on Tuesday.  I haven't had a chance to read any of it yet since most of my literary time has been tied up with NaNoWriMo lately.


It's pretty good. I mean, as a biography of the Guide goes, it's very well researched and written, and it's just kind of, quite nice.
Some of the other scripts too, things like the Kamekaze pilot are great.
Well worth a read.
Title: Hmmmm. Tertiary Phase....
Post by: jough on November 06, 2003, 07:31:01 pm
I have a copy of Don't Panic around here somewhere.  Great stuff.  I was both a Sandman and Hitchhiker's Guide fan, so having a somewhat meeting of the two was compelling to me.