The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board
Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: AugustWest on August 14, 2008, 01:43:40 pm
-
... or not?
Just wondering.
-
It's impossible to tell. That's why we can't stop checking. In animal training, you learn that intermittent reinforcement is the most powerful kind of reward system. Getting a cookie/comic strip/giraffe only sometimes keeps your attention for longer than if you got a cookie/comic strip/giraffe every time. It's why gambling is so addictive. Or Achewood.
So the question is really: Deliberate strategy on Onstad's part, or just a lucky side effect of his spotty work habits?
-
I don't bother to check achewood.com any more. I come here to find out if there's a new strip.
At least that way, if there's not, I'll still have something to read.
-
Why would we get a strip for free when we're supposed to be paying three bucks a month for Teodor's Twitter feed?
Priorities.
-
"150+ updates to read, comic and text, in the new live premium subscriber area. (Coming this week: live Q&A day!)
Strip returns later in the week. We are finishing the FREE 8-page story for Dark hoss which you will see in early Sept."
Oh, hes late on this week's stuff because hes doing stuff for a couple weeks from now. The present is already past, but the future will one day be the the present I guess.
At least he's happy: "Chris is so high on life that you can test for it in his hair. 12:29am"
-
RSS feeds are your friend.
-
He apparently wrote another thing for The New Yorker (http://www.newyorker.com/online/blogs/cartoonlounge/2008/08/the-duel-part-5.html), too.
One gets the feeling that we're all going to feel a bit like the kids at the Cavern Club in 1963 before too long.
-
I think belonging to an OFFICIAL unofficial message board for a defunct-in-all-but-name webcomic could be pretty rad.
-
All "Science and Nature" having more posts than "Achewood," all no new members in five years because no one knows what Achewood is... all people posting "Does anyone remember that comic strip, it was about living toys or stuffed animals or something?" on The OFFICIAL Unofficial Deep Fried Message Board.
-
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
-
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Wasn't that a catchphrase from the comic or something back in the day? I think it was Phillip the platypus?
-
I just remember something about pot and slow pitch basketball.
-
He apparently wrote another thing for The New Yorker (http://www.newyorker.com/online/blogs/cartoonlounge/2008/08/the-duel-part-5.html), too.
I read that and all I could think of was Onstad prancing furiously in circles around his front yard, waving a shiny copy of the mag, yelling, "YAH! YAHH! Look at the GENIUS!"
-
Nah, that stuff's just on their website. If he's doing that, it's still just a drunken fantasy.
-
I love you guys.
-
Keep it in your ******.
We'll get a comic when the paying work dries out.
ACE OF SPADES!!!!!!
-
Why so defensive ash, it's just good old fashioned lurrv. C'mere you. C'mere... (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EQipbF7V1bo)