The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board
Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: MrCB on August 20, 2008, 08:49:25 am
-
http://achewood.com/index.php?date=08202008 (http://achewood.com/index.php?date=08202008)
I don't know why, but this strip just doesn't sit easy with me. Maybe it's the conning the kid into believing that is prayer's are answered, maybe it's telling the kid to pray, maybe its just that it's hell of wrong for a five year old otter to not want anything for his birthday.
-
I thought they were tricking him at first, but for some reason now I kinda think they knew he wouldn't want anything and were trying to make him happy (cause he is warped from all that damn praying).
-
Has Onstad suddenly decided that Phillipe's unusually (for Achewood at least) conservative religious upbringing needs to be the focus of the next big character arc?
Ray finds his fighting roots... Check.
Pat finds his gay roots... Check.
Beef and Molly get married... Check.
Let's see... oh yeah! Phillipe at Jesus Camp.
-
Onstad made a point of having Ray's sack a-dangle.
-
http://achewood.com/index.php?date=08202008 (http://achewood.com/index.php?date=08202008)
I don't know why, but this strip just doesn't sit easy with me. Maybe it's the conning the kid into believing that is prayer's are answered, maybe it's telling the kid to pray, maybe its just that it's hell of wrong for a five year old otter to not want anything for his birthday.
If anyone's sweet, innocent prayers deserve to be answered, they are those of a cartoon otter's. Unlike the rest of us, we know that Phillipe will not go praying for the Chinese synchronized divers to suddenly decide to win over the Swedish judge by engaging in a little freestyle aqua-scissoring. His prayers are pure of heart, and had better be answered by hook or by crook lest we be forced to concede that life is without hope.
-
Unlike the rest of us, we know that Phillipe will not go praying for the Chinese synchronized divers to suddenly decide to win over the Swedish judge by engaging in a little freestyle aqua-scissoring.
CONFIDENTIAL TO CTO: THIS is the kind of content you'll get people to pay extra for.
-
What the hell happened to Little Nephew? Have they not even realized he's gone?
-
Man I wish my roommates and I had a random 5 year old hanging out with us. That would be awesome and not at all a reason to call CPS.
-
I find it interesting that Onstad remembers the birthdays of his characters. Philippe's birthday (http://achewood.com/index.php?date=08222007), of course (http://achewood.com/index.php?date=08222005), is known for theatrics.
Beef's friends try to do good on his birthday (http://achewood.com/index.php?date=04212005), but he just can't appreciate it (http://achewood.com/index.php?date=04222002).
I wonder if the characters' birthdays match up with people in Onstad's real life. His wife says, "Don't forget to get your dad a birthday gift, dear," and he says, "Oh shit, Teodor! (http://achewood.com/index.php?date=10022001)"
-
I've been meaning to ask for, like, three years: What the Hell is a stomper (http://"http://achewood.com/index.php?date=10022001")?
-
The stomper is a construction vehicle. http://achewood.com/index.php?date=08032005 (http://achewood.com/index.php?date=08032005)
-
No strip till Friday, but another New Yorker sandwich piece instead.
yay.
-
Yeah, that gift was pretty lackluster compared to what they set up in the past (man giving birth, Todd not doin' coke). . .
. . .but at least it's better than this surprise (http://achewood.com/index.php?date=02232007) (it will dissapoint you as well).
-
I thought this was HEARTWARMING.
And yes, I think Ray was faking to make P. happy!
-
The stomper is a construction vehicle. http://achewood.com/index.php?date=08032005 (http://achewood.com/index.php?date=08032005)
Not necessarily. Stompers (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9pko_iTP4sQ) were (are?) little 4x4 toy trucks. I remember you could change the tires on them from spongy "indoor" sets to rubbery "outdoor" sets. They took batteries and you could make them drive over obstacles like smaller Hot Wheels/Matchbox cars or green army men. Most of mine looked like pickup trucks but there may have been Tonka-style construction vehicles or other varieties.