The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => Sports & Leisure => Topic started by: AlohaDawg on August 28, 2008, 01:28:35 am

Title: Just for Laughs
Post by: AlohaDawg on August 28, 2008, 01:28:35 am
Since I don't know how long this link will work:

When not to hyphenate your married name (http://cbs13.com/slideshows/Married.Names.Hyphenate.20.462840.html?rid=0)
Title: Re: Just for Laughs
Post by: Doc on August 28, 2008, 03:16:50 am
I like to think in some of those cases it was their terrible last name that brought them together. I mean until Butt and McCraken met, who else did they know who could understand their pain?
Or alternately looking at Macdonald and Berger I think it's clear neither of them want to be there but they saw the possibility to make a terrible pun and so they had to get married, no choice.
Title: Re: Just for Laughs
Post by: pmcd9 on August 28, 2008, 03:40:34 am
In a lot of those they list the mans name first which is not how a woman would hyphenate her name.  For instance Best-Lay would actually be Lay-Best.  Bush-Rasch would stand though.