The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => Wild Card => Topic started by: side_show on November 09, 2003, 04:39:20 am

Title: I need to share this with you....
Post by: side_show on November 09, 2003, 04:39:20 am
http://www.paiznik.co.kr/cds-e.htm

I'm working late and have stumbled upon this.
Title: I need to share this with you....
Post by: AugustWest on November 09, 2003, 04:56:47 am
Well, I think this is clearly the most important thing to remember:

Do not easy any meat (chicken, pork and beef), high protein food, squid (or dried squid), sea shells etc.


I wonder if this is a product of the Sanryobuki company (Ltd.).
Title: I need to share this with you....
Post by: jough on November 09, 2003, 05:46:58 am
I do not think I would trust my c*ck to the likes of the North Koreans.

As far as I can tell, this device was made so that westerners could mutilate their junk.
Title: I need to share this with you....
Post by: V-Adore on November 09, 2003, 06:50:30 am
Frank had a dream! A circumcised dream! The circle has made a note of his junk.

I love the clause about "giving women's disease to your loving woman."
Title: I need to share this with you....
Post by: Mite on November 09, 2003, 07:57:38 am
If you mosey over to the main page, you will note that this fine company also produces high-quality laser pointers, bowling equipment, and something called a "light tambourine" which "...is a best harmony of light and sound whenever you shake."

I don't know if you read the instructions for the thing, but it essentially involves cutting off the blood flow to the foreskin until it becomes necrotic and falls off.

But hey, if it keeps us loving women safe from our ailments, it's all worth it, right?
Title: I need to share this with you....
Post by: andalucia on November 09, 2003, 02:50:38 pm
Man... there is just a lot to say about this... from the looking-downwards, flushed-and-horrified faces that link to the instructions, to the suggestion that users avoid violent exercise... I must ask, though, and I'm surprised that no one has yet...  Side Show (smells), how did you go about ending up here?
Title: I need to share this with you....
Post by: jough on November 09, 2003, 05:31:32 pm
I just assumed that Smells had been looking for ways to do damage to the foreskin and found this page through Google or something.
Title: I need to share this with you....
Post by: V-Adore on November 09, 2003, 06:10:07 pm
Quote from: "andalucia"
Man... there is just a lot to say about this... from the looking-downwards, flushed-and-horrified faces that link to the instructions

Did anyone else catch that the "instructions for children" face was a girl? Even in the filename info? Creepy shit, that.
Title: I need to share this with you....
Post by: slink on November 09, 2003, 06:23:22 pm
The internet really is a disturbing place...
Title: I need to share this with you....
Post by: jay-ell on November 09, 2003, 08:14:03 pm
Quote from: "Mite"
I don't know if you read the instructions for the thing, but it essentially involves cutting off the blood flow to the foreskin until it becomes necrotic and falls off.


Actually, this is the way they do it in American hospitals these days.  They use a little plastic cap that snaps on under the foreskin, and when the foreskin turns black they just snip it off.  I guess they've adapted it for adult use.  Eurgh.  

I, personally, am opposed to non-Religious circumcision, because the whole thing creeps me the hell out.  If you believe your God wants you to hack off pieces of your peeny, that's fine, but my God doesn't care one way or the other, so my sons are going to be left intact and untouched, thank you.  That is, if I can keep the scary circumcision-happy nurses off them.  Circumcision seems to be the default so you have to really go out of your way to keep your baby boys from being taken off for a little snippy-snippy while you sleep.
Title: I need to share this with you....
Post by: slink on November 09, 2003, 09:07:10 pm
Quote from: "jldunston"
Circumcision seems to be the default so you have to really go out of your way to keep your baby boys from being taken off for a little snippy-snippy while you sleep.


I thought that had, to an extent, stopped being the case in the US in recent years. Not that I pay much attention to the status of medical practice anywhere, let alone in the states, and applying to wangs.

Anyway, it's certainly not really standard practice in the UK. Saying that, I am the only intact male member of my family... What fuck*ng complications could lead to circumcision being needed at birth!? A bizarre miscalculation of cutting the umbilical chord?
Title: I need to share this with you....
Post by: jay-ell on November 09, 2003, 09:30:39 pm
From everything I've learned (I've actually done fairly extensive research on this), 80% of the world's male population is uncut, but 80% of the American male population is circumcised.  However, the rates among infants have dropped in recent years to about 60% circumcised, although most hospitals will automatically circumcise unless you specifically ask them not to.  If you're interested, here are some (admittedly one-sided) articles on the subject:  

Why Does Infant Circumcision Persist in North America? (http://www.noharmm.org/persist.htm)

what I learned about routine infant circumcision during my pregnancy (http://www.stopcirc.com/ilearned.html)

Hope this doesn't offend anyone -- I feel pretty strongly about this, but if anyone wants to offer an opposing viewpoint, you are welcome to.
Title: I need to share this with you....
Post by: Choop on November 09, 2003, 10:41:37 pm
This is exactly why I feared having to moderate the "un-categorizable topics"  forum.

*sigh*
Title: I need to share this with you....
Post by: AugustWest on November 09, 2003, 11:32:00 pm
Well, if you stick around this topic long enough you ought to be able to pick up a few tips...

[/rimshot]
Title: I need to share this with you....
Post by: jough on November 10, 2003, 12:04:00 am
This isn't going to turn into a "who's snipped and who isn't" thread, is it?

I am, and will furnish photos to anyone who wants such a thing.

Hell, I can even take an mpeg video of it doing a little dance for you.
Title: I need to share this with you....
Post by: V-Adore on November 10, 2003, 12:12:44 am
Quote from: "jough"
This isn't going to turn into a "who's snipped and who isn't" thread, is it?

Isn't that one of the inevitable signposts on the evolution of a board? Right up there with "the thread about everyone's cats" and "the thread where everyone posts their system specs?"
Title: I need to share this with you....
Post by: Mite on November 10, 2003, 12:35:34 am
Finally; a thread where I won't have to feel bad about not contributing!
Title: I need to share this with you....
Post by: jough on November 10, 2003, 01:16:05 am
Well, women can be circumcised too, but it's a little different, and far less common in the western world.
Title: I need to share this with you....
Post by: slink on November 10, 2003, 01:35:48 am
Quote from: "jough"
Well, women can be circumcised too, but it's a little different, and far less common in the western world.


And generally far more questionable.
Title: I need to share this with you....
Post by: AlohaDawg on November 10, 2003, 03:31:08 am
Having worked extensively in the STD world, I can tell you that  not being circumcised increases your risk for a few diseases. But you also have to come in contact with someone with that disease - and I would imagine that is the primary risk. But OH MY the STDS are way funkier and grosser in an intact skanky dude than a circumcised one, all things being equal. And yes, I did have to observe the exams.

they were FOUL.
Title: I need to share this with you....
Post by: Mite on November 10, 2003, 11:10:51 am
*whimper*

The 10th grade health class STD slide show is all coming back to me...
Title: I need to share this with you....
Post by: AlohaDawg on November 10, 2003, 07:03:55 pm
I got the show live.

WITH SMELLS.
Title: I need to share this with you....
Post by: V-Adore on November 10, 2003, 11:43:53 pm
Quote from: "AlohaDawg"
I got the show live.

WITH SMELLS.

For a minute there I thought this meant that you saw the video in school with side_show. That nickname thread is getting to me, I guess.
Title: I need to share this with you....
Post by: AlohaDawg on November 10, 2003, 11:48:02 pm
That would have been fun too...

Who knows, maybe she was there... There were 10 of us field epi people assigned to the Englewood STD Clinic.
Title: I need to share this with you....
Post by: side_show on November 10, 2003, 11:55:20 pm
Quote from: "AlohaDawg"
That would have been fun too...

Who knows, maybe she was there... There were 10 of us field epi people assigned to the Englewood STD Clinic.


No, I wasn't there, and looking at the weather lately, Hawaii is a lonq way from Winnipeg.  But I did teach sex ed for a while.

As for where I found it, it was a link on my favorite abuse-of-the-English-language site

http://www.engrish.com
There's a lot of fun stuff there!  Enjoy!
Title: I need to share this with you....
Post by: andalucia on November 11, 2003, 12:49:44 am
Man... forget my plans to buy an achewood shirt with christmas money:  all I want is this:
http://www.engrish-store.com/ihatmystshir.html
Thanks for the link, side_show.
Title: I need to share this with you....
Post by: side_show on November 11, 2003, 01:31:51 am
Quote from: "andalucia"
Man... forget my plans to buy an achewood shirt with christmas money:  all I want is this:
http://www.engrish-store.com/ihatmystshir.html
Thanks for the link, side_show.


This is my favorite:
http://store6.yimg.com/I/engrish-store_1763_2151224
Title: I need to share this with you....
Post by: slink on November 11, 2003, 01:43:26 am
I'm quite tempted by the No Smorking shirt. If just to wear around my two friends who whine about it being 'disgusting' every time I nip outside for a smoke.
Title: I need to share this with you....
Post by: AlohaDawg on November 11, 2003, 01:45:31 am
I prefer this one:

http://www.engrish-store.com/ihtshir.html






Buy me shirt! I get seven-kinky with happy juice girl!
Title: I need to share this with you....
Post by: side_show on November 11, 2003, 01:50:07 am
My bestfriend has an engrish shirt, not from the site, bought by his Philipino boyfriend that reads "Dirty White Boy"  which suits him well as he is pale an skinny and looks like he has a heroin addiction.
Title: I need to share this with you....
Post by: V-Adore on November 11, 2003, 05:11:57 am
I honestly plan to buy myself a "Hot Space Station Justice" sweatshirt. I will always protect you!