The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board
Trivial Pursuits => Arts & Entertainment => Topic started by: milhouse on September 02, 2008, 02:44:40 pm
-
For those of you into Rock Band one of this weeks releases is; and I quote-
"Livin' on the Corner of Dude and Catastrophe" by MC Frontalot, inspired by the award-winning webcomic "Achewood" and featuring Brad Sucks.
Here's the link http://ps3.ign.com/articles/906/906880p1.html (http://ps3.ign.com/articles/906/906880p1.html)
-
This song is great. I'm surprised it's never come up here. It's from Frontalot's latest album "Secrets from the Future," and it is one of his better songs. He didn't play it in concert presumably because the Venn diagram of nerdcore fans and Achewood fans yields an area less impressive than Rhode Island. The song has an indie rock feel to it. It tells a story, borrows phrases and situations from the strip. It's kind of exciting to listen to. Frontalot is secretly the guy that wrote the theme to Ray's advice column.
Song Sample (http://frontalot.com/media.php/328/MC_Frontalot_SFTF__%2803%29_Livin_At_The_Corner_Of_Dude_And_Catastrophe_TEASER.mp3)
The lyric sheet (http://frontalot.com/index.php/?page=lyrics&lyricid=40) has links to the strips it references. Neat!
Oop! Just found the original Song Fight (http://www.songfight.org/songpage.php?key=livin_at_the_corner_of_dude_and_catastrophe) page this song came from as well as a full MP3 from an earlier recording (http://www.songfight.org/music/livin_at_the_corner_of_dude_and_catastrophe/mcfrontalot+bradsucks_latcodac.mp3). Woo hoo!
-
it sounds like Beck kind of. At the beginning.
I dislike nerdcore. it bugs me.
-
I heard the Song Fight version on Radio Achewood back when Onstad first picked it as the strip's "official theme song." Frontalot's stuff is hit or miss with me. I do like his song about being eaten by a grue. The only other nerdcore I know is MC Chris, and I only really like Fette's Vette from him.
-
I *heart* Damien Hess.
That is all.
-
I am just too old. I like the idea theoretically, but in reality, this song would be good if they took out all the parts that are rapping, basically.
-
Man if i wasn't entirely busy staring at spreadsheets all day, Id want to put this to an achewood music video.