The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board
Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: AugustWest on November 10, 2003, 02:49:30 pm
-
C'mon, C'mon, enough suspense already. Let's get some resolution here, Onstad!
Also, is anybody surprised that a) Beef drives around playing Tetris in his head; b) he gives himself impossible pieces to play?
Strip (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=11102003).
-
Hello all - my first post in this fine forum - I hope we enjoy many hours together.
The suspense is too much . Maybe the Bumblebee suit will deflect any attempts on Phillipe's health. We can only hope.
And I could do that Tetris block... :o
-
The nightmare Tetris block is so Beef. Only Beef would, in his darkest nightmares, give himself an impossible Tetris block. It's indicative of his stress, I guess.
I also like Arthur's obviously-ignorant running commentary on Pat's cel conversation. You can just see him in the second panel being prepared to talk Pat into his happy place.
-
Philippe can't be harmed; he has wicked sack (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=07262002).
-
You can just see him in the second panel being prepared to talk Pat into his happy place.
'Talking Pat off the beach' has just become this weeks seven-kinky for me!
I'd love to keep it as a new, long term euphamism, but I thnk explaining it would get tiresome!
And indeed, Beef's impossible Tetris block is beautiful. I'm amazed that his fear and stress can break, in his own mind, the fundamental rules of Tetris!
Will we actually get a resolution this week! I'm scared of how long I might have to be scared.
But then he can't go off to some other plot line, since all the characters are involved. I figure tomorrow they'll get to the quarry...
-
Is Arthur going to stick around? He cracks me up.
The impossible tetris piece - it's a big piece and there is a small place to put it - he seems to have this theme about that...issue....
Poor Beef. Poor, poor Beef.
-
Was anyone else surprised by Ray's amazing deductive reasoning? I mean, we know he's no damn genius (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=09272002).
Maybe it's just me.
-
Was anyone else surprised by Ray's amazing deductive reasoning? I mean, we know he's no damn genius (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=09272002).
Maybe it's just me.
He could be utterly totally wrong: the shack on Friday didn't look like it was in a quarry (although when I think quarry I think "Dr Who" so maybe my experience of what a quarry looks like is limited).
-
Hi Sammy, I remember you. ;)
Welcome to the fora.
-
Can God make a Tetris piece that is so complicated that even he can't place it?
-
Can God make a Tetris piece that is so complicated that even he can't place it?
Yes. Or, if he can't, Beef will make one for him.
-
Sammy! Just in time for my shot!
And also, Arthur gives me the heebie-jeebies.
-
That tetris piece gave me stress - I'm worried about the speed it may be falling at!
-
I know... this really adds a whole new dimension to my alarmingly frequent Tetris Dreams.
-
I know... this really adds a whole new dimension to my alarmingly frequent Tetris Dreams.
You have Tetris dreams and played Lucasarts games?
Goddamnit marry me!!!
*ahem*
And naturally, the Tetris piece ought to be falling at a constant rate, and it's only about a third up the sreen, so he had a relatively long time to choose.
But, with a piece like that!!
-
And naturally, the Tetris piece ought to be falling at a constant rate, and it's only about a third up the sreen, so he had a relatively long time to choose.
But, with a piece like that!!
Who knows what level his mental Tetris is on, though? Could really be any speed... as for your marriage proposal, I'm charmed to see that my lifelong geekiness has finally garnered me some r.e.s.p.e.c.t.
-
r.e.s.p.e.c.t.
Well, it depends on if you sang that or not?
-
I was terrified of the mockery that would ensue if I admitted to having Tetris dreams too, but now I'm just jelouse.
-
Well, it depends on if you sang that or not?
Mentally. And against my wishes, I might add.
-
I don't have Tetris dreams, but I have chess dreams sometimes.
Last night I had a DVD boxed set dream - where I was in this horrible huge shopping mall and found this little mom and pop type antique store that just happened to have a copy of some DVD boxed set that made me very very excited.
It turns out it was the complete Magnificent Ambersons with two discs of extra behind-the-scenes footage. It also turned out it was the only copy on DVD in existence.
-
you know what, that piece is not so bad. if he rotates it clockwise once, and puts the nub in the tetris hole, it will get him a double line and form a baricade on one side. He wont get a tetris for a while, and he will need a couple of those long ones, but this is not the worst possible situation he could be in really.
-
Mentally. And against my wishes, I might add.
Aaaah, that'll do...
*down on one knee*
I should really start hanging out at lan parties looking for viable women.
-
you know what, that piece is not so bad. if he rotates it clockwise once, and puts the nub in the tetris hole, it will get him a double line and form a baricade on one side. He wont get a tetris for a while, and he will need a couple of those long ones, but this is not the worst possible situation he could be in really.
*shivers with salacious delight*
-
you know what, that piece is not so bad. if he rotates it clockwise once, and puts the nub in the tetris hole, it will get him a double line and form a baricade on one side. He wont get a tetris for a while, and he will need a couple of those long ones, but this is not the worst possible situation he could be in really.
So, what you're really saying here is that you're really Roast Beef and that you've been posting here as doomglobe incognito all along.
Nice work, Cassandra.
-
Last night I had a DVD boxed set dream - where I was in this horrible huge shopping mall and found this little mom and pop type antique store that just happened to have a copy of some DVD boxed set that made me very very excited.
It turns out it was the complete Magnificent Ambersons with two discs of extra behind-the-scenes footage. It also turned out it was the only copy on DVD in existence.
Oh. My. GOD.
I think I would be forced to either invent technology to bootleg my copy of that DVD or fight you to the death for it. My GOD.
-
Whole-heartedly in agreement with V here, and confessing that I too know that genre of dream, 'cept mine run more towards the literary-- A lovely new annotated edition of Finnengans Wake or something. Man, my dreams suck. This is probably indicative of some terrible problem with my subconscious mind...
-
The thing about the tetris piece is that it seems to be coming down at an angle, so no matter how he turns it, it's just not going to line up with anything else. Also, I got the impression that he's not literally playing tetris in his head (althoug he may well be, in retrospect) but rather that it's symbolic of his inability to make the day's events fit together in an acceptable way.
Then again, maybe not.
If you think Tetris dreams are bad, try playing Sim City 4 for six hours and then trying to sleep. Although Pedro tells me that Day of Defeat dreams are worse, because they involve sitting in a trench while people shoot at you.
-
I was terrified of the mockery that would ensue if I admitted to having Tetris dreams too, but now I'm just jelouse.
It seems Tetris dreams (http://www.sciam.com/article.cfm?articleID=0001F172-55DA-1C75-9B81809EC588EF21&catID=4) aren't all that uncommon. But they still stress me out.
-
Although Pedro tells me that Day of Defeat dreams are worse, because they involve sitting in a trench while people shoot at you.
I've had similair dreams set off buy a flight sim I played at one point, and had probably played Medal of Honour as well. Though said war was taking place in my primary school's yard and neighbouring gardens. Which was odd.
And I've had dreams set off by other FPS which involved me shooting at people and eventually being shot.
Strangest was probably the phase I had when I was dreaming Quake lots, and every time I heard a dog bark in the street I'd turn to shoot it... Ws kind of an odd reaction to develop.
My dreams are usually too strange to even seem related to something though. So no Tetris dreams for me, even back when I owned a Gameboy.