The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: MrEctomy on September 05, 2008, 08:36:01 pm

Title: Thinking about getting an Achewood tattoo
Post by: MrEctomy on September 05, 2008, 08:36:01 pm
My friend and I are going to get Achewood tattoos. I've bookmarked about 12 different comics that I might consider...I just can't decide.

At first I grappled with the idea of getting a three-panel strip, but I think I'll just stick with one panel.

What are some of your guys' favorite one-panel achewood moments that would make good tattoos?
Title: Re: Thinking about getting an Achewood tattoo
Post by: Victoria Waterfield on September 05, 2008, 08:51:13 pm
Well you can't go wrong with the last panel of this one: http://achewood.com/index.php?date=07312006
Title: Re: Thinking about getting an Achewood tattoo
Post by: wombat on September 05, 2008, 09:00:41 pm
Oh, evil Victoria.

You know, I bow to no one in my slavish devotion to this strip but, tattoo? No.

And come to think of it, if you put a gun to my head, the tattoo would not be a picture - it would be some perfect line of dialog. Yes, I would tattoo a thread title on myself, since you asked.
Title: Re: Thinking about getting an Achewood tattoo
Post by: jaydub on September 05, 2008, 09:09:15 pm
Tattoos work best when the idea is purely graphic.  Something like:

(http://www.fotolode.com/images/jaydub/raysmuck.png)
Title: Re: Thinking about getting an Achewood tattoo
Post by: MrEctomy on September 05, 2008, 10:16:50 pm
Tattoos work best when the idea is purely graphic.  Something like:

(http://www.fotolode.com/images/jaydub/raysmuck.png)

Not a bad idea!
Title: Re: Thinking about getting an Achewood tattoo
Post by: evan on September 05, 2008, 11:43:22 pm
Cartilage Head doing his thing
Title: Re: Thinking about getting an Achewood tattoo
Post by: colmore on September 06, 2008, 12:23:58 am
I just got a Krazy Kat tattoo, it's one panel stretched to a 360 armband ... I'd been talking about getting this thing for about four years.

I can't find it, but Ray tearing apart Little Nephew's car by the lake would make an awesome design.
Title: Re: Thinking about getting an Achewood tattoo
Post by: jaydub on September 06, 2008, 12:37:34 am
I think a two panel tattoo about KISS going to a grocery store and comparing their cocks to yams is probably your best bet.
Title: Re: Thinking about getting an Achewood tattoo
Post by: Arachno-capitalist on September 06, 2008, 01:03:09 am
man, the passive aggressive ragging on this guy was really unexpected.
As has been mentioned, my position on achewood tattoos is that I dont feel like explaining at parties that "this is a cat from a cartoon i read on the internet"
Title: Re: Thinking about getting an Achewood tattoo
Post by: wombat on September 06, 2008, 01:16:12 am
Just get Philippe standing on it. Conversation for years there.

That is actually a good idea.
Title: Re: Thinking about getting an Achewood tattoo
Post by: AugustWest on September 06, 2008, 01:32:32 am
The last panel. (http://achewood.com/index.php?date=04022002)
Title: Re: Thinking about getting an Achewood tattoo
Post by: jay-ell on September 06, 2008, 02:02:44 am
That is actually a good idea.

Seconded. 
Title: Re: Thinking about getting an Achewood tattoo
Post by: Golfhaus on September 06, 2008, 02:09:25 am
I think if you're going to do it, go all out. Get a full-back tattoo of a decision-making chart.
Title: Re: Thinking about getting an Achewood tattoo
Post by: AlohaDawg on September 06, 2008, 03:55:01 am
"Would you like some frittata?"
Title: Re: Thinking about getting an Achewood tattoo
Post by: theinevitable on September 06, 2008, 05:11:03 am
I want to have a tattoo, but there is nothing I would get tattooed on myself. Oh well.
Title: Re: Thinking about getting an Achewood tattoo
Post by: Doc on September 06, 2008, 07:34:15 am
Seconded. 

Thirded (I guess?)

It's simple and doesn't really a lot of explanation.
Title: Re: Thinking about getting an Achewood tattoo
Post by: HudsonVC on September 06, 2008, 06:58:20 pm
If you live or can travel to the Portland area, you will find the closest thing to an expert (http://blog.oregonlive.com/aenow/2007/09/comics_a_tattoo_artist_obsesse.html) to do the job:

A tattoo artist obsesses about "Achewood" (http://blog.oregonlive.com/aenow/2007/09/comics_a_tattoo_artist_obsesse.html)

I think she may have changed studios since then. Here is her MySpace for her new studio. (http://www.myspace.com/skeleton_key_tattoo)
Title: Re: Thinking about getting an Achewood tattoo
Post by: jay-ell on September 06, 2008, 07:06:42 pm
Pedro suggested the Dude and Catastrophe crest:

http://achewood.com/shop/rsrc/img/app_detail_dnc_lg.gif (http://achewood.com/shop/rsrc/img/app_detail_dnc_lg.gif)

Which sounded like a pretty darned good idea to me. 
Title: Re: Thinking about getting an Achewood tattoo
Post by: pmcd9 on September 06, 2008, 07:45:33 pm
I think there are several great tattoo ideas here (http://achewood.com/index.php?date=01272005).
Title: Re: Thinking about getting an Achewood tattoo
Post by: Carlos del Vaca on September 07, 2008, 02:29:22 am
last panel (http://m.assetbar.com/achewood/uua6ZQ6w0)

last panel (http://m.assetbar.com/achewood/uua5pwXSz)

last panel (http://m.assetbar.com/achewood/uua3tbtXB)
Title: Re: Thinking about getting an Achewood tattoo
Post by: colmore on September 07, 2008, 04:05:58 pm
I just recently got the Krazy Kat tattoo I'd been thinking about for years and years.  It was totally worth it.

How about Ray flip kicking Little Nephew's car by the lake?  Can't find the link for the life of me.
Title: Re: Thinking about getting an Achewood tattoo
Post by: CortJstr on September 07, 2008, 07:59:00 pm
I just recently got the Krazy Kat tattoo I'd been thinking about for years and years.  It was totally worth it.

How about Ray flip kicking Little Nephew's car by the lake?  Can't find the link for the life of me.

This one? http://achewood.com/index.php?date=11072005
Title: Re: Thinking about getting an Achewood tattoo
Post by: smick on September 09, 2008, 06:04:32 pm
While I do live in the Portland area, I decided against the Free Achewood tattoo that lady was offering up a while back.

The words "Free" and "Tattoo" translate in my head as "Bad" and "Idea".

As far as the Dude and Catastrophe crest goes, I've relegated that to the back of the helmet I wear when I play Unicycle polo.
Title: Re: Thinking about getting an Achewood tattoo
Post by: iron_felix on September 12, 2008, 06:27:25 am
How about the Star Wars logo, centered across your chest?

Seriously, though, Philippe standing on it was the first thing to come to my mind, and the Dude and Catastrophe arms sound like another solid idea.  Todd fuck*ng up with his saxophone (http://achewood.com/index.php?date=02282002) might look nice for a smaller design.
Title: Re: Thinking about getting an Achewood tattoo
Post by: dejavroom on September 12, 2008, 07:52:24 pm
the SCRUT, SCRUT, SCRUT panel.

You know what I mean.
Title: Re: Thinking about getting an Achewood tattoo
Post by: the gooseman on September 13, 2008, 11:50:12 am
I have been contiplating getting the last panel of this done for about a year now...

http://achewood.com/index.php?date=03032004

cracks me up everytime
Title: Re: Thinking about getting an Achewood tattoo
Post by: wombat on September 13, 2008, 09:28:27 pm
A shirt has a lot of advantages over a tattoo, I think.
Title: Re: Thinking about getting an Achewood tattoo
Post by: CortJstr on September 13, 2008, 10:37:26 pm
A shirt has a lot of advantages over a tattoo, I think.

This reminds me, does anybody read Basic Instructions? Are you considering getting a personalized coolest t-shirt (http://www.basicinstructions.net/2008/09/how-to-select-t-shirt.html) when he starts selling them?
Title: Re: Thinking about getting an Achewood tattoo
Post by: Golfhaus on September 13, 2008, 11:01:31 pm
You know, the more I think about this, the more I wonder if getting an Achewood tattoo today is kinda like getting a Homestar Runner tattoo four years ago? When I decide to change careers and become a laser tattoo removal technician, I expect to zap off at least one Strong Bad.
Title: Re: Thinking about getting an Achewood tattoo
Post by: Ruta Bagas on May 17, 2009, 12:40:05 pm
I had a dream last night in which I blacked out for two days after being bitten by a venomous spider. When I woke up, I had a crude, upside-down Achewood-themed tattoo on my upper arm. I spent ages trying to scrub it off, hoping that it was biro, because I knew my fiancee would kill me when she saw it.

(I should note that when I say 'when I woke up', I mean from the blackout, not the dream. Otherwise I would be too busy being terrified to pass this story on.)