The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => Science & Nature => Topic started by: AugustWest on September 12, 2008, 03:27:48 pm

Title: How's your color vision?
Post by: AugustWest on September 12, 2008, 03:27:48 pm
Test it here. (http://www.xrite.com/custom_page.aspx?PageID=77)

I got an "8".
Title: Re: How's your color vision?
Post by: theinevitable on September 12, 2008, 05:52:30 pm
damn, I thought I was doing a freakin' awesome job.
I got a 20.
Title: Re: How's your color vision?
Post by: pmcd9 on September 12, 2008, 06:34:55 pm
I got a 3, woo hoo.
Title: Re: How's your color vision?
Post by: Arachno-capitalist on September 12, 2008, 06:42:00 pm
I didnt spend a lot of time on it, but i got a 34. ouch. Ill send this over to my girlfriend, the optometrist.
Title: Re: How's your color vision?
Post by: KeithHernandez on September 12, 2008, 07:18:54 pm
Yeah, I did the first two then got bored.  Why oh why does it have to be so much work?
Title: Re: How's your color vision?
Post by: Golfhaus on September 13, 2008, 12:14:54 am
I scored an 85. I was ready to come in and laugh all over you chumps, until I read:

Quote
A lower score is better, with ZERO being the perfect score.

Well, shit. Maybe I should go see the optometrist.
Title: Re: How's your color vision?
Post by: jaydub on September 13, 2008, 05:12:00 am
22.  Did anyone else have the illusion that the pieces weren't quite square?

Also:  Egopont has a colour  (http://www.egopont.com/colorvision.php)test if you get such a bad score you think you might be colourblind.  There's also a hearing  (http://www.egopont.com/hearing_tests.php)range estimator.  Mine appears to be 200Hz to 12000Hz.
Title: Re: How's your color vision?
Post by: Choop on September 13, 2008, 05:30:14 am
20, and they weren't just not quite square, they weren't aligned the same- different border widths on different sizes. looks like the blue-green range is my trouble area, which makes sense.
Title: Re: How's your color vision?
Post by: pmcd9 on September 13, 2008, 05:33:13 am
Do I have really good color recognition or were you guys just not trying very hard?
Title: Re: How's your color vision?
Post by: AugustWest on September 13, 2008, 06:10:55 am
Considering that you are a pretty active and talented visual artist, I'd say the likely explanation is that you have good color vision.
Title: Re: How's your color vision?
Post by: iron_felix on September 13, 2008, 06:28:41 am
I got a 12.  That made for a good percentile score, but according to the test the highest score for my gender and age range was 1492, which would basically be black and white vision.  Either someone's sandbagging, or on the internet people actually can tell that you're a dog.
Title: Re: How's your color vision?
Post by: Lister on September 13, 2008, 06:59:41 am
Woot, 4.  Missed a couple in the violet-red transition.
Title: Re: How's your color vision?
Post by: Ruta Bagas on September 13, 2008, 10:19:13 am
I don't really have time to do this now but I already know I'm red-green colourblind so when I do I'm sure you'll all feel better.








Except you, Golfhaus.
Title: Re: How's your color vision?
Post by: CortJstr on September 13, 2008, 04:31:20 pm
I got a 12.  That made for a good percentile score, but according to the test the highest score for my gender and age range was 1492, which would basically be black and white vision.  Either someone's sandbagging, or on the internet people actually can tell that you're a dog.

At work we considered filling it out completely backwards just to see what the highest possible score it. I'm guessing the 1492 person was attempting the same feat and 1500 is the max.
Title: Re: How's your color vision?
Post by: wombat on September 14, 2008, 12:41:54 am
I got a 49.  I think I could have done better if I'd been willing to spend more time on it but it was too unpleasant a task.  I'm not sure what any of this tells me except how I would, like, sort paint chips if someone had a gun to my head. Would a 49 be enough to spare my life? I don't know.
Title: Re: How's your color vision?
Post by: Arachno-capitalist on September 14, 2008, 01:04:33 am
I got a 49.  I think I could have done better if I'd been willing to spend more time on it but it was too unpleasant a task.  I'm not sure what any of this tells me except how I would, like, sort paint chips if someone had a gun to my head. Would a 49 be enough to spare my life? I don't know.
Short Story idea!
Title: Re: How's your color vision?
Post by: wombat on September 14, 2008, 01:42:53 am
Short Story idea!

I had the same thought, then remembered the trouble I am having with my own idea this week. So I am not real enthusiastic about us using any more of my ideas.
Title: Re: How's your color vision?
Post by: jay-ell on September 17, 2008, 01:15:50 pm
I got a ten, which I felt bad about (after August set the bar high with his 8) until I came here. 

I'm going to send this to my Mom, she'll probably get a 0.  She's got the most sensitive color vision I've ever seen or heard of. 
Title: Re: How's your color vision?
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on October 07, 2008, 07:06:28 pm
A peek inside the thought process of the site designer:


THEY LAUGHED AT ME WHEN I TOLD THEM THE GREATEST SORTING ALGORITHM WAS BUBBLESORT. WELL I'LL SHOW THEM! I'LL SHOW THEM ALL!!! MUAHAHAHAHAHA!


Title: Re: How's your color vision?
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on October 07, 2008, 07:11:48 pm
Holy shit.

    *  Your score: 0
    * Gender: Male
    * Age range: 20-29
    * Best score for your gender and age range: 0
    * Highest score for your gender and age range: 1520



THANK YOU BUBBLESORT
Title: Re: How's your color vision?
Post by: Turbo Ninja on November 25, 2008, 09:01:47 pm
42.  I blame my monitor, harsh overhead lighting, eye fatigue and a different interpretation of how colors should progress.
Title: Re: How's your color vision?
Post by: kellichou on June 18, 2009, 04:08:59 am
I got a 14.  It did take a damn long time!  Agreed--a lot of work.
Title: Re: How's your color vision?
Post by: greenkoolayd on June 18, 2009, 02:31:37 pm
19.  i win.
Title: Re: How's your color vision?
Post by: TripperDay on June 23, 2009, 04:36:52 pm
38
Title: Re: How's your color vision?
Post by: nDed on July 05, 2009, 02:34:14 am
Apparently I have perfect color vision. Still myopic though.
Title: Re: How's your color vision?
Post by: bluemoon72 on October 30, 2009, 06:57:47 pm
damn, I thought I was doing a freakin' awesome job.
I got a 20.
Me too, and I got a 41!!!  I'm torqued.  Sending this to my best friend, a graphic designer.
Title: Re: How's your color vision?
Post by: jay-ell on October 30, 2009, 08:22:26 pm
Just in time for Halloween...it's a ZOMBIE THREAD!

Nice.
Title: Re: How's your color vision?
Post by: linnea on October 31, 2009, 05:33:18 am
Wow, that was so difficult!! I scored an 11. My eyes hurt. It was the eye pain that made me just give up and hit "submit" although I probably could have improved my score if I had spent a little more time on it.
Title: Re: How's your color vision?
Post by: bluemoon72 on October 31, 2009, 06:07:20 am
My graphic designer friend scored a 19, dammit.
Title: Re: How's your color vision?
Post by: Choop on October 31, 2009, 07:11:35 am
If it's yellow let it mellow
If it's brown flush it down
If it's black call Dr. Andretti
455-2123
Title: Re: How's your color vision?
Post by: greenkoolayd on October 31, 2009, 08:27:53 am
my brother is dark-skinned-ed and i see him just fine.
Title: Re: How's your color vision?
Post by: wombat on October 31, 2009, 01:44:07 pm
Just in time for Halloween...it's a ZOMBIE THREAD!

Nice.

Noobs reading the archives. It gives me a warm fuzzy feeling.
Title: Re: How's your color vision?
Post by: Victoria Waterfield on October 31, 2009, 05:02:07 pm
ZERO BITCHES
Title: Re: How's your color vision?
Post by: bluemoon72 on November 01, 2009, 06:01:42 am
Noobs reading the archives. It gives me a warm fuzzy feeling.
How long 'til I'm not a noob?
Title: Re: How's your color vision?
Post by: Choop on November 01, 2009, 06:04:03 am
another 2 months or 200 posts, whichever comes later
Title: Re: How's your color vision?
Post by: wombat on November 01, 2009, 01:40:15 pm
How long 'til I'm not a noob?

Actually I think the answer is till you've been here long enough to think someone else is a noob.
Title: Re: How's your color vision?
Post by: chocoloco on November 01, 2009, 11:11:25 pm
have no idea how this test is score.  very big possible that result means nothing, maybe.

if first block is wrong block, but order correct from the wrong block, then means only has one error, ther each block shifts one block to the sides of blocks.  maybe test it scores every of thems wrong blocks :P.  does not say.  can not put on publish if not say.  should not be anyway.
Title: Re: How's your color vision?
Post by: Toaster on December 13, 2009, 10:45:47 pm
The first time I tried it, I got 491. I immediately tried again and got 28.
Title: Re: How's your color vision?
Post by: jay-ell on December 13, 2009, 11:20:12 pm
I tried it again and improved my score by one. I got a 7 this time.