The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board
Trivial Pursuits => Arts & Entertainment => Topic started by: theinevitable on September 14, 2008, 02:21:32 am
-
My dad often references an album popular when he was in college where one side was labeled "Dancing" and the other "Romancing." What was this album?
Right now we are setting up for a big party, and I made a sign which indicated that one room is for dancing (loud awesome music, open floor space) and the other for romancing (or hanging out) (couches, chairs, coffee tables, drinks). I want to know what this came from.
-
I don't know, but I like it. And I like your party idea.
-
the actual theme was "Whigs/Wigs." It was pretty awesome. it is interesting to me how... I spent the whole time worrying about whether it was going well, so I basically missed the main fun. Oh well. So many people I didn't know, so many people asking whose apartment it was and me saying "um, mine."
It is ironic that the guys on the Dancing side are both smooching on ladies right now, and me and my roommate on the Romancing side are not.
The reason is that dancing is actually a more basic function of romancing than sitting on a couch drinking is.
mathematically this explanation is impeccable.
In other news, this girl from upstairs couldn't just say "could you please turn down the music," she had to call our landlord and then threaten to call the cops before she even asks. What the eff.
"Could you please turn it down? I already called the landlord, and I will call the cops in 30 minutes if it isn't quieter."
"oh. OK. i will turn it down right now. come down and tell us if it isn't quiet enough."
"oh."
I kind of wanted to turn it up and flip her the bird, though.
-
The smart move there would have been to invite her to the party in the first place.
-
Wait, you're having a party with an orgy room?
-
we did invited her, Golfhaus. Also, I didn't feel like explaining yesterday, she didn't call the Landlord. She called our RA. BECAUSE THIS IS GODDAMN UNIVERSITY HOUSING. IT'S SATURDAY NIGHT, YOU PRACTICALLY LIVE IN A DORM, GET OVER IT!
side_show: no, there was no orgy-ing. i just liked that name, it was actually just like a hang-out-on-the-couch room.
So, the end of that post came early because a drunken friend walked in and sat on my bed.
The night ended with a thing where... "um, would it be weird if I slept here?"
"um. (SHE HAS A BOYFRIEND SHE HAS A BOYFRIEND SHE HAS A BOYFRIEND DON'T BE A DICK)... yes. I'll sleep on the couch."
My roommate came in in the morning ready to be mad, because he thought I had taken advantage of a drunken girl with a boyfriend.
Also, he got the best rejection line ever. "I don't kiss atheist boys."
I want to turn it into a thing where I say such as "sorry, man, I don't do dishes for atheist boys."
-
Ahhh... yeah, that changes things. Use caution with that one. She has the potential to be a problem all year long.
Religious persecution is what that is. I have a dream... that one day, men will be kissed not because of the god they believe in, but by the size of their c*ck.
Of course, that wouldn't have really improved my chances, but it's a big picture thing.
-
She was perfectly justified. Athiesm is catching, you know. Especially in college.
-
he told me later that the part he isn't proud of is that then he said "um, I'm not an atheist!"
and she kind of made a face and said "what are you, then? jewish?"
and he kind of sputtered and she walked out.
so yeah, I have already said "dylan, I don't clean the dishes for Atheist boys." it was a rousing success.
-
so yeah, I have already said "dylan, I don't clean the dishes for Atheist boys." it was a rousing success.
Damn, you're cold. Poor guy's already saddled with a name like Dylan and you're all harshing his mellow...
-
what if he was agnostic? Would chicks let him get to second base but no further? Would you wash his dishes, but not dry them?
-
They'd let him believe he was going to sleep with them but always leave him with blueballs at the end of the night.
-
Nah they'd just get him so drunk that he'd wake up the next morning hung over and with a vague feeling he'd slept with someone but not able to say for certain.