The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: jamessime on September 14, 2008, 04:09:58 am

Title: Achewood Phone Shots!
Post by: jamessime on September 14, 2008, 04:09:58 am
I am standing next to Chris as we speak, playing AC/DC "Get It Hot" on the sound system, the party is jam-packed, and if you want to call in for a phone shot... pour yourself one up and give us a ring. Now is the time!

www.isotopecomics.com (http://isotopecomics.com)
Title: Re: Achewood Phone Shots!
Post by: Arachno-capitalist on September 14, 2008, 04:29:17 am
You gonna post pictures of this shindig?
Title: Re: Achewood Phone Shots!
Post by: jamessime on September 17, 2008, 10:08:42 pm
No phone shots from this group... what is this, the forum for the AA Achewood fans? (laugh)!

You gonna post pictures of this shindig?

Yes!

(http://isotopecomics.com/communique/achewoodeventpic.jpg)

For those of you who want to see more of this event, there are tons of photos (and video too) here...

http://isotopecomics.com/chrisonstad-photos.html (http://isotopecomics.com/chrisonstad-photos.html)

James
http://isotopecomics.com (http://isotopecomics.com)
Title: Re: Achewood Phone Shots!
Post by: Golfhaus on September 17, 2008, 10:23:37 pm
No phone shots from this group... what is this, the forum for the AA Achewood fans? (laugh)!

Eh. Going to the event - sounds like fun. Looks like a good time was had by all.

Sitting around a website while said event was going on, discussing what was probably happening, to be given the chance to CALL THE PARTY... kinda lame.

Since it seems like you're in pretty good with Onstad now, maybe try to talk him into adding a date in the southeast. There are lots of DCers and North Carolinians here, which I would expect to be indicative of a greater base. But I'm not going to fly to New York to get a book signed, and I work for an airline that lets me fly for free on my days off.
Title: Re: Achewood Phone Shots!
Post by: jamessime on September 17, 2008, 11:51:17 pm
Sitting around a website while said event was going on, discussing what was probably happening, to be given the chance to CALL THE PARTY... kinda lame.

Agreed, that sounds very lame. However, I suggested doing a shot over the phone with Chris Onstad instead.

Since it seems like you're in pretty good with Onstad now, maybe try to talk him into adding a date in the southeast. There are lots of DCers and North Carolinians here, which I would expect to be indicative of a greater base. But I'm not going to fly to New York to get a book signed, and I work for an airline that lets me fly for free on my days off.

I can certainly pass along the idea that he hit the area for you. Although, man, that southeast sales-pitch could really use some work (laugh)!
Title: Re: Achewood Phone Shots!
Post by: Golfhaus on September 18, 2008, 12:00:19 am
Don't dis the southeast, hipster. We'll cut you.
Title: Re: Achewood Phone Shots!
Post by: KeithHernandez on September 18, 2008, 12:28:51 am
What about Denver?

Good pot, a lot of people wearing Achewood shirts here (I'm kind of new) and a hipster (well, mainly hippie, but hipsters are there) college town 30 minutes down the road.
Title: Re: Achewood Phone Shots!
Post by: lprkn on September 18, 2008, 12:54:11 am
The closest he's coming to me is Portland.


roooooaaaad trrrriiiiip!
Title: Re: Achewood Phone Shots!
Post by: wombat on September 18, 2008, 01:02:34 am
I have been looking for an excuse to get up to New York for probably over a year now, but am I really enough of a geek to plan a trip around a comic book signing? Stay tuned.
Title: Re: Achewood Phone Shots!
Post by: jamessime on September 18, 2008, 03:29:14 am
that southeast sales-pitch could really use some work (laugh)!
Don't dis the southeast, hipster. We'll cut you.

See, now that pitch is much better!

I'll happily pass that southeast suggestion along to Chris...
Title: Re: Achewood Phone Shots!
Post by: smick on September 18, 2008, 08:01:52 am
The closest he's coming to me is Portland.


roooooaaaad trrrriiiiip!

You're from "The Heart of the Awl" right?
Title: Re: Achewood Phone Shots!
Post by: AlohaDawg on September 18, 2008, 01:40:40 pm
No phone shots from this group... what is this, the forum for the AA Achewood fans? (laugh)!

Yes!

(http://isotopecomics.com/communique/achewoodeventpic.jpg)



For those of you who want to see more of this event, there are tons of photos (and video too) here...

http://isotopecomics.com/chrisonstad-photos.html (http://isotopecomics.com/chrisonstad-photos.html)

James
http://isotopecomics.com (http://isotopecomics.com)

I usually don't get my morning online homoerotic shock at this particular board, but thanks, this will save me a few minutes this morning.
Title: Re: Achewood Phone Shots!
Post by: lprkn on September 18, 2008, 02:46:01 pm
You're from "The Heart of the Awl" right?

I have been there, but I actually live a couple of hours south on 95, down in Moscow.