The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board
Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: wombat on September 15, 2008, 12:20:22 pm
-
http://chrisonstad.blogspot.com/2008/09/achewood-world-tour-pt-1.html (http://chrisonstad.blogspot.com/2008/09/achewood-world-tour-pt-1.html)
A party none of us got to go to. Sounds like he saw the virtues of not being a hermit:
I wasn't sure what to expect at the First Ever Achewood Book Signing and Party-Off, as I've been relatively inaccessible for most of my writing career (piano lessons). It was a treat, and as soon as we returned home I contacted my publisher with urgent plans to set up signings in the following major metropolitan areas:
Portland, OR
Los Angeles, CA
New York, NY
Boston, MA
Austin, TX
If you're local to any of those and would like to suggest a comic shop as a venue, or would like to suggest another city which could hold a signing, by all means contact me (Canada—what's up, girl?). I greatly enjoyed a night with you all, and would like to punctuate autumn with several more of the same.
There is actually a comic book store basically around the corner from me, but I have never set foot in it. I have occasionally considered it, but it's just too frightening. I suppose this makes it highly unlikely that I will convince them to hold an Achewood signing.
-
I can't believe you didn't link to the picture of the great man himself (http://www.flickr.com/photos/katieweber/2854541317/). Dude steps out of his Salinger phase, least we can do is recognize it.
Also, Onstad is a pudgy white dude with glasses approaching middle age, much like many of us in his fan base. He speaks for our demographic!
-
I looked up the web page of my local comics store and they actually promise "no creepy sales staff." You sure can't tell that from the street.
I expect it is still unlikely that I will take any action on this. Hey, Cort, come on, step up for the DC area Acheheads! It should be someone in the right demographic to lead the charge.
-
Fuck him if he goes to Austin instead of Houston.
In other news, I would surely have my GOF book by now if not for the storm. Oh the hardships I've endured.
-
I looked up the web page of my local comics store and they actually promise "no creepy sales staff." You sure can't tell that from the street.
I expect it is still unlikely that I will take any action on this. Hey, Cort, come on, step up for the DC area Acheheads! It should be someone in the right demographic to lead the charge.
I would go as would my friend Brian. So assuming we can drag wombat out that's 3 people. I think that's worth a trip.
-
Is The Mayor in? Bobby?
I could drag the Technical Staff along. The pugs too, if allowed.
I still don't think I'm going to ask the store, but I can see sending Onstad a list of local comics stores and a promised attendance of the 4 or 5 or 6 of us.
-
How do I send him an email?
I tried mc_chris, mcchris neither worked.
-
I imagine that if he did an LA shop, he'd do Amoeba in Hollywood.
It's one of those as-much-a-toy-store-as-a-comic-book-shop kid-and-lady-friendly shops and has the floor space for fetes and galas (galii?) and so forth.
The rival comic book store in The Simpsons that was totally everyone-friendly was clearly based on Amoeba.
-
I can't believe you didn't link to the picture of the great man himself (http://www.flickr.com/photos/katieweber/2854541317/). Dude steps out of his Salinger phase, least we can do is recognize it.
Also, Onstad is a pudgy white dude with glasses approaching middle age, much like many of us in his fan base. He speaks for our demographic!
Is it just me? Does he not bear an uncanny resemblance to Ray? Look at those happy jowls and close-set eyes and tell me that's not Ray's pictorial daddy.
-
Is The Mayor in? Bobby?
Probably not
-
Is it just me? Does he not bear an uncanny resemblance to Ray? Look at those happy jowls and close-set eyes and tell me that's not Ray's pictorial daddy.
Clearly he does bear a resemblance to Ray. Onstad be monk diming. (http://www.flickr.com/photos/wdlindmeier/2842521286/)
-
I imagine that if he did an LA shop, he'd do Amoeba in Hollywood.
I doubt it.
I'm inclined to think Golden Apple on Melrose.
-
I dunno, Golden Apple's kinda cramped in my opinion.
Amoeba's very... modular for the larger events.
Though Golden Apple's more old-school, yeah, definitely.
-
I dunno, Golden Apple's kinda cramped in my opinion.
Amoeba's very... modular for the larger events.
Though Golden Apple's more old-school, yeah, definitely.
Either way, if I can, I'm going.
-
So is this the correct thread to post about the tour or is it the Isotope thread?
Anyway, an acquaintance of mine went to a signing in Michigan. He said that Onstad was very friendly and drew a little something for each fan to complement his signature (which made the line go long). Alas, I can/could not go to either of the Chicago-area signings. But good reviews.
-
I should be going to the signing tomorrow. I have a train reservation and everything.
I am still kind of freaked out by the idea of Onstad being friendly, though.
-
A... friendly figment?
The friendliest figment of all!
-
Wombat, we are expecting pictures. Do not disapoint.
-
Ask him when the next bleepin' strip is gonna be.
-
Dang you people drive a hard bargain.
Should I tell him you all send your love?
-
Sure.
Also mention that the rogue board is petitioning the new President-Elect to nationalize his subscription service.
We're rogue, you know, we're mavericks. That's what we do.