The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board
Trivial Pursuits => History => Topic started by: Golfhaus on September 16, 2008, 12:07:58 am
-
After a battle with cancer, Richard Wright died at the age of 65. For a long time considered the George Harrison of the First Band in Space, Wright had the distinction of being the only member of the band to make money on the tour for The Wall, because Roger Waters fired him and had him essentially perform as a session musician to keep up appearances.
If there is a heaven, they have a new organist, and the spirits are pulling out their black light posters tonight.
-
This sucks. Rick Wright was terrific. I think I'm the only person in the world to buy his solo album. I have it on 8-track.
-
You mean Wet Dream? I have it. On CD, not as hardcore as the double-double-deuce, but still.
-
All will be fine. The dude wrote "The Great Gig In The Sky", after all.
(David Foster Wallace, now Mr. Wright. Death be not proud, though some have called thee
Mighty and dreadfull, for thou art not so... thou art an asshole.)
-
This sucks. Rick Wright was terrific. I think I'm the only person in the world to buy his solo album. I have it on 8-track.
Dude, he had TWO solo albums. The second one, Broken China, was released in 1996. It's got some good songs.
-
Pink Floyd sucked after Syd Barret left the band. Wait, too soon?
-
Philistine!
-
All will be fine. The dude wrote "The Great Gig In The Sky", after all.
The Great Gig In The Sky (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-zvCUmeoHpw)
-
Damn that was severely fucked up and totally awesome at the same time.
Happy New Year Everybody. Hope we don't all die a fiery death.
-
What's the opposite of a philistine?
Nah, we've been there, just joking.
-
The Great Gig In The Sky (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-zvCUmeoHpw)
That video seems to be a mini-meme... the last one I saw used "Yakety Sax" as the soundtrack to the end of the world.
-
That video seems to be a mini-meme... the last one I saw used "Yakety Sax" as the soundtrack to the end of the world.
That would be really funny if it was sped up and the asteroid repeatedly patted the earth on the back of the head.
-
Earth is on the run from the asteroid, ducks into the first door it sees... the women's bathroom and the Earth is promptly smacked in the face by the delicate hand of a sophisticated lady. Runs out and into the next room, the men's bathroom... where it is promptly smacked in the face by the delicate hand of a sophisticated lady.
That Earth NEVER gets a break!