The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: Noah on September 16, 2008, 03:21:07 pm

Title: npr interview
Post by: Noah on September 16, 2008, 03:21:07 pm
what happened to that ? like two weeks ago there was a little bulletin on achewood about an npr interview that "airs next week". then he took it down a few days later and i haven't heard anything about it since ?
Title: Re: npr interview
Post by: milhouse on September 17, 2008, 12:02:38 pm
From today's strip- "Listen for an interview with us on NPR's Morning Edition this Friday."
Title: Re: npr interview
Post by: JorgeFabregas on September 28, 2008, 05:09:20 pm
I just heard an ad for it. Steve Inskeep said something about Chris not liking comics. Chris said something to the effect of "There's no richness in that." Scheduled for tomorrow morning.
Title: Re: npr interview
Post by: wombat on September 29, 2008, 12:27:24 pm
Here it is finally.
http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=94780668 (http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=94780668)

I still haven't heard it. My computer is doing that thing where it won't make any sound, and I am afraid to reboot because right now the only way I have internet is off my neighbor's wireless and I am afraid to disturb the delicate balance of the situation. They may rerun that segment of the show here shortly, but I really ought to be getting on the metro to go try to get a new cable modem.
Title: Re: npr interview
Post by: Doc on September 29, 2008, 01:09:28 pm
I just started listening. I didn't need to hear Onstad doing Ray and Beef's voice, just don't want to interfere with how I hear it in my head.
Title: Re: npr interview
Post by: Doc on September 29, 2008, 01:16:38 pm
Not bad,wasn't anything mind blowing but not bad keeping in mind that it was aimed at an achewood unknown audience. Onstad has a decent speaking voice.
Title: Re: npr interview
Post by: wombat on September 29, 2008, 03:47:24 pm
Finally heard it on the rerun. He is a lousy voice artist for his characters. But he does a good job of playing a reasonable, appealing guy on the radio.
Title: Re: npr interview
Post by: miles on September 29, 2008, 04:05:37 pm
Finally heard it on the rerun. He is a lousy voice artist for his characters. But he does a good job of playing a reasonable, appealing guy on the radio.

Heard it on the way into work. And he is a lousy voice artist, but it got me wondering. He mentioned wanting to branch out. How about an old-timey radio play as a companion to the GOF with an ensemble cast?
Title: Re: npr interview
Post by: theinevitable on September 29, 2008, 10:59:13 pm
Quote
How about an old-timey radio play as a companion to the GOF with an ensemble cast?

Oh man, we are working on doing old-timey radio plays for our radio station. There is a small number of our DJs who are super into it. I am not one but they seem to think that I am.

I'm just contributing incidental guitar music for The Human Chord, a superhero who fights crime with the power of Funk. Based on the people writing it, I am betting on it being the best damn thing ever.
Title: Re: npr interview
Post by: Doc on September 29, 2008, 11:49:54 pm
Heard it on the way into work. And he is a lousy voice artist, but it got me wondering. He mentioned wanting to branch out. How about an old-timey radio play as a companion to the GOF with an ensemble cast?

That might be a bit ambitious but how about starting off with GOF commentary? 3 DAYS OF IT!