The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board
Trivial Pursuits => History => Topic started by: smick on September 17, 2008, 04:58:55 pm
-
http://wikileaks.org/wiki/Sarah_Palin_Yahoo_inbox_2008
Circa midnight Tuesday the 16th of September (EST) activists loosely affiliated with the group 'anonymous' gained access to U.S. Republican Party Vice-presidential candidate Sarah Palin's Yahoo email account gov.palin@yahoo.com and passed information to Wikileaks.
I think we have an idea who was involved...
(http://raindog.net/ljimages/yahoo.JPG)
-
Poor Boris
-
'anonymous' is a group now? Do they have meetings?
-
I think they're referring to the crowd over at 4chan. There was an article in the local City Paper a few months ago about how they are "taking on" Scientology now: http://www.citypaper.com/news/story.asp?id=15543
Not sure why they appropriated the Guy Fawkes masks or how they plan on making an impact with no formal organization.
-
"Remember, remember that time nobody knew what the fuck we were on about?"
-
Anonymous is legion. Anonymous does not forgive. Anonymous does not forget. Anonymous only undertakes Serious Business. Anonymous: because none of us is as cruel as all of us. Anonymous has seen Fight Club too many times. Anonymous is not your personal army. Anonymous delivers. Anonymous' real name is David. Anonymous hates dogs. Anonymous likes Mudkips. Anonymous is in it for the lulz.
Anonymous sounds like my kind of hive mind. Other than the annoying bits.
"In the future, there will not be poor or rich, black or white, straight or gay. There will only be Known, and Unknown. And the Unknown shall rule." - tagline for a really shitty novel I just now invented in my head.
-
While I don't condone hacking into Gov. Palin's e-mail by any stretch, I find it somewhat ironic that the right side of the blogosphere about this, while in the months and years prior they were A-OK with all kind of warrantless wiretapping on the part of the government.
If Palin has nothing to hide, she shouldn't be worried, right?
-
Remember that when your door's kicked in.
[extreme statement for silly effect]
As far as Haus' really shitty novel, I'm kinda interested in the idea. It may be one of those really shitty novels that pimps out a movie.
It really does sound like a movie tag line from a trailer voiced over by Don LaFontaine.
-
According to the stories, her security password questions were like "where did you meet your husband" and "what is your local zip code" . Damn those security questions.
-
Oh man.
That's just like President Scroob's secret briefcase code of "1234".
-
I am pretty sure my security questions are largely weird trick questions that I don't remember the trick to.
-
I was reading that this is a recurring problem for even the marginally famous - the "forgot your password?" link turns out to be the easiest way to get in, because we know everything about these people.
But come on, someone couldn't register palinator2000.com as a dummy address and set up a POP3 for her?
I've kinda thought about my shitty novel idea, and it's starting to appeal to me a bit. In a world (there you go, miles) where your only security comes from your anonymity, the best way to destroy a man is to simply draw the curtain on him.
Dunno who stars in the movie. Possible Edward Norton.
-
maybe have an eye-winking scene where he gets a guy killed by saying "His name is Robert Paulson."