The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: iron_felix on September 28, 2008, 08:36:01 am

Title: September 27, 2008 - Guild of Purpose-Driven Commodores
Post by: iron_felix on September 28, 2008, 08:36:01 am
A lady is rocking Ray's can!  He never thought it would be like this! (http://achewood.com/index.php?date=09272008)

...or maybe that's not what's going on at all.  It's not really a subject I care to ponder all that much.  Ray's oil sheik getup makes for a rather bizarre silhouette, too, which only makes everything even more disturbing.

On the other hand, this is probably Onstad's best fake Wikipedia article to date.  Not that the bar's set (http://achewood.com/index.php?date=02152007) particularly (http://achewood.com/index.php?date=03152007) high (http://achewood.com/index.php?date=05132008), though.  On a hunch, I checked the deletion log for an article on the Guild, or on Commodore Sex Act, but it looks like that sort of tomfoolery may not pick up until after breakfast.
Title: Re: September 27, 2008 - Guild of Purpose-Driven Commodores
Post by: Doc on September 28, 2008, 08:44:26 am
No WONDER there's so many hotels!

Awesome.
Title: Re: September 27, 2008 - Guild of Purpose-Driven Commodores
Post by: Ben-San on September 28, 2008, 02:17:42 pm
Honestly this is pretty accurate to the low end of Japanese TV animation. The particular shortcuts taken lead me to suspect that Guild of Purpose-Driven Commodores was produced in the early 1980s, or else the mid-90s as a series of shorts (more likely if the "two drawings" is not an exaggeration; full-length series tend to be at worst 10-12 drawings). By the distribution of Commodores I expect it's an "action-comedy" dragged from the lowest depths of Weekly Young Sunday. The eagle thing is a little peculiar, as low-end voice actors are sufficiently affordable in Japan that they would normally have just used different actors for them. Also, the name would presumably have been in Japanese but Wikipedia authors love to questionably translate Japanese.
Title: Re: September 27, 2008 - Guild of Purpose-Driven Commodores
Post by: CortJstr on September 28, 2008, 03:58:13 pm
So was this all foreshadowed by Tina's dental dam?
Title: Re: September 27, 2008 - Guild of Purpose-Driven Commodores
Post by: hammish on September 28, 2008, 04:32:36 pm
I... did I just see the cartoon cat -- did the lady cartoon cat...? in his? Is that what I just saw?
Title: Re: September 27, 2008 - Guild of Purpose-Driven Commodores
Post by: littlefallsmets on September 28, 2008, 06:14:26 pm
Hotels are for the sex you are ashamed to show to the place where you live.

Absolutely.
Title: Re: September 27, 2008 - Guild of Purpose-Driven Commodores
Post by: pmcd9 on September 28, 2008, 07:15:19 pm
So Ray's not getting played after all, but he seems to have forgotten about the Ah Ha!
Title: Re: September 27, 2008 - Guild of Purpose-Driven Commodores
Post by: linnea on September 28, 2008, 10:34:16 pm
Where's Linnea when there's a potential pegging  to be discussed?
sigh. A joke, taken too far on the internets.

What's up, my TOUAMB homies?
Title: Re: September 27, 2008 - Guild of Purpose-Driven Commodores
Post by: wombat on September 28, 2008, 10:47:20 pm
sigh. A joke, taken too far on the internets.

Hey, but it worked!
Title: Re: September 27, 2008 - Guild of Purpose-Driven Commodores
Post by: Golfhaus on September 28, 2008, 11:00:55 pm
There's a debate in my head as to how I'd like to see this played out: either Tina made to look the fool as the original plan, or Ray getting caught Cartilege Head style: "I dressed up in a costume and let my ex fist me." There's the nerd in me saying that he isn't necessarily getting in-the-out-door action, but the grunts in the last panel seem to blow that theory.
Title: Re: September 27, 2008 - Guild of Purpose-Driven Commodores
Post by: AugustWest on September 28, 2008, 11:52:37 pm
Hey, but it worked!

Woo Hoo! 

Hiya stranger, how's life going for you?
Title: Re: September 27, 2008 - Guild of Purpose-Driven Commodores
Post by: lprkn on September 30, 2008, 05:04:48 pm
I like how "poorly produced Japanes action cartoon series" is its own category.
Title: Re: September 27, 2008 - Guild of Purpose-Driven Commodores
Post by: Formica on October 01, 2008, 10:03:46 pm
There's a debate in my head as to how I'd like to see this played out: either Tina made to look the fool as the original plan, or Ray getting caught Cartilege Head style: "I dressed up in a costume and let my ex fist me." There's the nerd in me saying that he isn't necessarily getting in-the-out-door action, but the grunts in the last panel seem to blow that theory.
I'm not sure that's the case. T clearly indicated he should "make natural grunts and stuff if you like it"; else he'd implore his autumn sirocco to cease applying ministrations to his funky somethin'. But then, it would be fitting for Achewood if we never actually found out what a Commodore actually is.
Title: Re: September 27, 2008 - Guild of Purpose-Driven Commodores
Post by: antioch on October 02, 2008, 10:44:00 am
Tuamb was the first result displayed when I used the string "guild of purpose driven commodores." That was all I needed to dust off the old log in.

This strip is like the Pete Moon's-head-arc, which got me excited about reanimated heads. Now I want more info on a made up Japanese cartoon. Thank you Ben-San for giving me the next best thing. The screech when Commodore EAGLE VISION talks really brings it together, though. I'd hope they would do that even if they had a different voice actor.