The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: Arachno-capitalist on October 01, 2008, 10:19:30 pm

Title: 1 October 2008 - I should not have used my credit card for that
Post by: Arachno-capitalist on October 01, 2008, 10:19:30 pm
http://achewood.com/index.php?date=10012008 (http://achewood.com/index.php?date=10012008)

Ray is such a lousy story teller.

Does anyone else get an email RSS of this thing? Ive been getting bombarded with like 10 random achewood rss messages with no rhyme or reason.
Title: October 1, 2008 - I've heard your love-oinks
Post by: Cap'n Squeakers on October 01, 2008, 10:21:39 pm
Denouement (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=10012008). Ray exits stage left, pursued by cakes.

The line I really wanted to use for the subject wouldn't fit: "When a lady wisdom-rocks his bonch so hard he forgets who's on the penny".  This strip was a great capper to an arc that almost didn't deliver the goods.  Thank god for Teodor's prying questions.



Please kill this duplicate thread, moderators.
Title: Re: 1 October 2008 - I should not have used my credit card for that
Post by: dejavroom on October 01, 2008, 10:25:55 pm
Stupid end to a stupid storyline. Feh.
Title: Re: 1 October 2008 - I should not have used my credit card for that
Post by: Cap'n Squeakers on October 01, 2008, 10:35:31 pm
This strip got actual live chuckles to escape my mouth. 
Title: Re: 1 October 2008 - I should not have used my credit card for that
Post by: CortJstr on October 01, 2008, 10:37:44 pm
http://achewood.com/index.php?date=10012008 (http://achewood.com/index.php?date=10012008)

Ray is such a lousy story teller.

Does anyone else get an email RSS of this thing? Ive been getting bombarded with like 10 random achewood rss messages with no rhyme or reason.

Me too. The feed used to have just the latest strip and the latest Ray's Place. Now it's the last 10 strips and for some reason they all keep showing up as new.

And I think Ray's medallion would have given him away sooner or later. Like, as soon as he turned around.
Title: Re: 1 October 2008 - I should not have used my credit card for that
Post by: Victoria Waterfield on October 01, 2008, 10:59:48 pm
I like to think that "baunch" is a better spelling of that particular word.
Title: Re: 1 October 2008 - I should not have used my credit card for that
Post by: wombat on October 01, 2008, 11:01:31 pm
I am disappointed that all we get of Tina's reaction is a nasty look. Can that really be all there was to it?
Title: Re: 1 October 2008 - I should not have used my credit card for that
Post by: wombat on October 01, 2008, 11:03:57 pm
Threads merged, just to see if I can.
Title: Re: 1 October 2008 - I should not have used my credit card for that
Post by: Dangermoose on October 01, 2008, 11:10:48 pm
Is the room service guy a nutria? He doesn't look like a cat.

{Overthinking.}
Title: Re: 1 October 2008 - I should not have used my credit card for that
Post by: Golfhaus on October 01, 2008, 11:28:18 pm
So much awesome in this strip:

- Ray ripping off his glasses to reveal... his glasses.
- Mr. Bear's Europe-style two-finger salute
- Silhouette Ray's thumbs up
- That it wasn't the cakes, but the way Ray paid for them, that busted him
- "I know what a wet rag sounds like on your ass."
Title: Re: 1 October 2008 - I should not have used my credit card for that
Post by: AugustWest on October 02, 2008, 12:29:41 am
Stupid end to a stupid storyline. Feh.

Seconded.
Title: Re: 1 October 2008 - I should not have used my credit card for that
Post by: AugustWest on October 02, 2008, 12:30:33 am
Is the room service guy a nutria? He doesn't look like a cat.

{Overthinking.}

I was thinking bunny.
Title: Re: 1 October 2008 - I should not have used my credit card for that
Post by: Ben-San on October 02, 2008, 12:31:27 am
Panel 12 cracks me the hell up. I am a big fan of staring directly at someone and then whipping off your glasses while emitting a horrible machine noise.
Title: Re: 1 October 2008 - I should not have used my credit card for that
Post by: wombat on October 02, 2008, 12:47:01 am
OK, three of the last five posts in this thread entertained me enough that the strip is forgiven, since it generated them.
Title: Re: 1 October 2008 - I should not have used my credit card for that
Post by: lprkn on October 02, 2008, 03:07:34 am
I like to think that "baunch" is a better spelling of that particular word.

I like to think that my brain doesn't even know how to take that spelling, as in it simply doesn't recognize it. I also like to think that a "bonch" is an area referred to by me and my friends as "the inbetweenus." Am I right? Probably not.
Title: Re: 1 October 2008 - I should not have used my credit card for that
Post by: AugustWest on October 02, 2008, 03:14:35 am
I like to think that my brain doesn't even know how to take that spelling, as in it simply doesn't recognize it. I also like to think that a "bonch" is an area referred to by me and my friends as "the inbetweenus." Am I right? Probably not.

Round here we call that the "taint".
Title: Re: 1 October 2008 - I should not have used my credit card for that
Post by: Carlos del Vaca on October 02, 2008, 01:20:12 pm
I have also heard "taint," as well as "chode."
Title: Re: 1 October 2008 - I should not have used my credit card for that
Post by: CortJstr on October 02, 2008, 01:44:40 pm
Taint is the one I know. It's also the only one I've actually heard on TV/in movies.
Title: Re: 1 October 2008 - I should not have used my credit card for that
Post by: Doc on October 02, 2008, 02:15:41 pm
Yeah, Taint. Though I don't think I've ever heard it in real life.

Semi-related weird thing I learned at work: there is some evidence that if a mother is stressed during pregnancy a baby will be more likely to have some characteristics of the opposite sex so girls become masculinised and boys become feminised. The reason this is relevant is that the easiest way to measure this is to check the anal-genital distance which is basically the length of the taint or whatever you want to call it. I think it gets bigger for the girls and smaller for the boys compared to non-stressed groups but I'm not sure, it may be the other way around. Apart from testing this in animal models one of the real world studies done is to check new babies in dangerous regions (particularly Israel for some reason, I guess they have a combination of continuous war and good healthcare infrastructure) and comparing them with the rest of the world.
Title: Re: 1 October 2008 - I should not have used my credit card for that
Post by: jaydub on October 02, 2008, 02:26:18 pm
A choad is a c*ck that is wider than it is long.
Title: Re: 1 October 2008 - I should not have used my credit card for that
Post by: Turbo Ninja on October 02, 2008, 02:46:01 pm
A choad is a c*ck that is wider than it is long.

Hung like a hockey puck?
Title: Re: 1 October 2008 - I should not have used my credit card for that
Post by: dejavroom on October 02, 2008, 02:49:02 pm
BWAROOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Title: Re: 1 October 2008 - I should not have used my credit card for that
Post by: pmcd9 on October 03, 2008, 01:00:02 am
Who is on the penny?
Title: Re: 1 October 2008 - I should not have used my credit card for that
Post by: oball on October 03, 2008, 01:01:51 am
Queen Elizabeth II.
Title: Re: 1 October 2008 - I should not have used my credit card for that
Post by: piecewise on October 03, 2008, 03:18:37 pm
I loved this arc; this strip kinda disappointed me initially.

But something about Cornelius' leaf-blowing gives me the chuckles, upon further reflection. Just his attitude of "fuck you, I'm blowing leaves".

A dramatic reveal completely destroyed is also good.
Title: Re: 1 October 2008 - I should not have used my credit card for that
Post by: pmcd9 on October 03, 2008, 04:30:05 pm
Knak! Knak! Knak!
Title: Re: 1 October 2008 - I should not have used my credit card for that
Post by: colmore on October 04, 2008, 02:06:49 pm
My jaded old self actually laughed out loud at work and I had to explain that I was looking at a story about cartoon cats participating in imaginary sex acts.