The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => Sports & Leisure => Topic started by: robot_god on October 05, 2008, 08:49:59 pm

Title: Mega Man 9
Post by: robot_god on October 05, 2008, 08:49:59 pm
Is so crazy, man.

Nintendo released for Wii Ware Mega Man 9 recently.  It's an 8-bit game released in 2008.  NES graphics, music, everything, it is an NES game.  If you fit it technologically into the Mega Man series it would be between MM2 and 3.

Absolute genius.  I'd love to see more of this kind of game development.  ProbablyDefinitely the most fun game I've played this year.  Just the Wii Ware in general is really brilliant (e.g. Dr. Mario, and probably the new multi-player only Bomberman that just dropped this week).  I think it's the saving grace of a system whose full-production titles have been mostly disappointing.

Ya got to buy that shit, ten bucks.



Bonus Material: Penny Arcade. (http://penny-arcade.com/comic/2008/10/1/)
Title: Re: Mega Man 9
Post by: lprkn on October 08, 2008, 12:09:57 am
What do you calll it when you do the things the imaginary people on the internet say you should do?

Yes, Mega Man 9 is sweet. It is 100% a time machine. And it is $9.99.
Title: Re: Mega Man 9
Post by: Ben-San on October 09, 2008, 02:45:47 am
Mega Man 9 is awesome. I am terrible at it but I love it anyway, which is much the same relationship I have always had with Mega Man 2.

Tangentially related: Kirby Superstar Ultra was released for the DS recently. If you were a SNES gamer, you may remember how awesome Kirby Superstar was. Kirby Superstar Ultra is Kirby Superstar plus a bunch of neat additions that I had hoped but not expected to see in a rerelease, mainly in the form of new games that fit absolutely seamlessly with the feel of Superstar.
Title: Re: Mega Man 9
Post by: robot_god on October 13, 2008, 09:55:56 pm
I'm up to the semi-boss of the game.  Probably gonna take me about two more weeks of intense playing at this point.
Title: Re: Mega Man 9
Post by: robot_god on October 17, 2008, 09:30:39 pm
Fuck beating Mega Man.  Get together 15 bucks and buy the new World of Goo.

World of Goo is possibly the best game ever.  The only good flash game ever.  Too-innovative (maybe not).  Very un-Japanese.  Puzzle/physics simulation.  It makes me weep for my sisters of the primordial ooze.  Scored.

It'll make you feel like August West if he was an architect.  On acid.
Title: Re: Mega Man 9
Post by: AugustWest on October 17, 2008, 09:31:27 pm
It'll make you feel like August West if he was an architect.  On acid.

Who says I'm not?
Title: Re: Mega Man 9
Post by: Choop on October 18, 2008, 07:02:11 am
World of Goo is possibly the best game ever.  The only good flash game ever.  Too-innovative (maybe not).  Very un-Japanese.  Puzzle/physics simulation.  It makes me weep for my sisters of the primordial ooze.  Scored.

It'll make you feel like August West if he was an architect.  On acid.

No, this. (http://touamb.com/index.php/topic,4657.0.html)