The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => Sports & Leisure => Topic started by: Asherdan on October 06, 2008, 07:50:02 pm

Title: Menudo!
Post by: Asherdan on October 06, 2008, 07:50:02 pm
(http://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/s--k5m636Zb--/m5dvkzj95cd6xl0k4nnx.gif)
Title: Re: Menudo!
Post by: Carlos del Vaca on October 06, 2008, 09:14:22 pm
I have never tried the menudo.  There were a couple of restaurants in Albuquerque that had it on the menu, but somehow intestines never appealed.  Of course, I've often said I'd like to try genuine haggis, just to say I've done it, so I should get my priorities in order, I suppose.

One culinary void in my life is traceable to the fact that Mrs. del Vaca is allergic to corn.  (not HFCS, fortunately, that shit is in everything, but whole kernel and/or corn meal.)  Which means I can't make posole or tortilla soup at home.  Or chicken corn chowder, man that stuff is good.
Title: Re: Menudo!
Post by: pmcd9 on October 06, 2008, 10:01:16 pm
I do not like menudo.
Title: Re: Menudo!
Post by: jaydub on October 06, 2008, 10:24:39 pm
"Good looking tripe" is not a phrase in the English language. 
Title: Re: Menudo!
Post by: Golfhaus on October 06, 2008, 11:10:01 pm
I... I thought this was going to be about the band.
Title: Re: Menudo!
Post by: lprkn on October 07, 2008, 12:23:40 am
Indeed. The only Menudo I'm aware of is Ricky Martin based.
Title: Re: Menudo!
Post by: pmcd9 on October 07, 2008, 05:37:43 am
I don't like menudo served with Ricky Martin.
Title: Re: Menudo!
Post by: KeithHernandez on October 07, 2008, 05:58:07 am
Here is what I am currently looking up on wikipedia:

Menudo
tripes
stew pork
chorizo EDIT:  Ah, the Brewers' sausage races!
hominy (i have heard of these last two, but that is it.  No idea what they are, never heard of any others.)
haggis
pig trotters (im guessing intestines)  EDIT:  The foot, that was dumb of me.

and I did not know there was a band Menudo, but I guess that is Ricky Martin's band, so no wiki for it.
Title: Re: Menudo!
Post by: pmcd9 on October 07, 2008, 12:32:09 pm
It is not Ricky Martin's band, Ricky Martin was a member.  At this point I would think Menudo has more lasting cultural impact than Ricky Martin.  I'm surprised there's not a wiki.

Here (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Menudo_(band)) it is.
Title: Re: Menudo!
Post by: Carlos del Vaca on October 07, 2008, 02:20:29 pm
Oddly enough, I find the idea of pigs' feet less objectionable than tripe or intestines (although I haven't eaten the feet to date).  Just wash 'em off, they'll be fine.  Of course, I'm also the guy who wanted to get the pig snout sandwiches in St. Louis.  It's just like fried ham, but with two holes in it!