The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: Mite on November 12, 2003, 11:16:11 am

Title: We were right! I think... (11-12-03)
Post by: Mite on November 12, 2003, 11:16:11 am
It's looking like things might be ok after all, but then, this is achewood.

And me, without internet access for the next two days!

Strip (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=11122003).
Title: Re: We were right! I think... 11/12
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on November 12, 2003, 12:08:36 pm
Quote from: "Mite"
It's looking like things might be ok after all, but then, this is achewood.

And me, without internet access for the next two days!


Predictions, which my stating of will render statistically impossible:

- it is an innocent ice cream shop
- ray jumps in with tic tac blazing
- nice pete gets capped
- nice pete seduces molly

Can't you see? Phillipe is the lure. Mr. Onstad believes in whipping Roast Beef like a recalcitrant mule.

Of course, stating this out loud will change it, for Onstad is aware of the forum, as was foretold in the prophecy aeons ago.
Title: We were right! I think... 11/12
Post by: PinkStainlessTail on November 12, 2003, 12:21:09 pm
Let's not forget that otters are lactose intolerant. (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=05092002) If you were a murderer who took your young friend to a super secret ice cream shop out of the goodness of your heart, how would you react to that bit of news?

(This of course assumes some sort of Achewood continuity, which is a foolish foolish thing to do.)
Title: We were right! I think... 11/12
Post by: revdj on November 12, 2003, 01:04:51 pm
I hope Roast Beef doesn't get killed again.  Seriously.
Title: We were right! I think... 11/12
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on November 12, 2003, 01:09:46 pm
Quote from: "revdj"
I hope Roast Beef doesn't get killed again.  Seriously.


I do. Then maybe he can start having an S&M fantasy with Molly while Dr. Andretti uses the tamagotchi toy Ultra Peanut had to power his lymphatic system. Then, as he is coming to and Ray is trying to check his pulse, he pulls out a cat o'nine tails out of nowhere and starts laying into poor Ray while saying the dirtiest things Roast Beef could possibly say (along the lines of "you good for nothing nitwit you").
Title: We were right! I think... 11/12
Post by: jay-ell on November 12, 2003, 01:23:11 pm
Quote from: "Bobby Isosceles"
the dirtiest things Roast Beef could possibly say (along the lines of "you good for nothing nitwit you").


Dammit, people.  All makin' me laugh out loud at work while I'm trying to look busy.  Look away, you fool.  They'll know!
Title: We were right! I think... 11/12
Post by: CortJstr on November 12, 2003, 01:55:37 pm
Maybe Philippe had some yogurt earlier to prepare his body for the lactose in the ice cream.

Ray will search all over that dang quarry before realizing they aren't there. He will however meet a strange man with an insanely long scarf.

Everybody will go home to regroup and plan and Philippe + NP will be there bein' all like, "what's wrong with you guys?"
Title: We were right! I think... 11/12
Post by: MSC on November 12, 2003, 02:05:43 pm
Nice Pete really is Nice, after all.

Excellent rendition of the Olde Tyme Ice Cream Shoppe.
Title: We were right! I think... 11/12
Post by: Ash on November 12, 2003, 04:16:19 pm
Pat: What's it like to kill someone, Pete?

Nice Pete: It's kind of like goin' to an ice cream shop
I am there, and Philippe is there
and it's just the two of us
and I put Philippe in the ice cream shop
and I am the winner

Home: 0  Ice Cream Shop: 1
Title: We were right! I think... 11/12
Post by: V-Adore on November 12, 2003, 04:17:01 pm
If this storyline results in more screwing of Roast Beef (unless it's with Molly in Heaven), I'll scream. That'd just be gratuitous, in my opinion.

But god, this is one of the more gorgeous strips even in this beautiful run. The old-timey ice cream shop(pe): perfect. Spot-on perfect.

(Incidentally, I don't think Nice Pete would actually manage to seduce Molly. Even if he did, I think they'd be long broken up by the time Beef's cyborg systems give up the ghost.)
Title: We were right! I think... 11/12
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on November 12, 2003, 04:21:14 pm
Quote from: "V-Adore"
If this storyline results in more screwing of Roast Beef (unless it's with Molly in Heaven), I'll scream. That'd just be gratuitous, in my opinion.

But god, this is one of the more gorgeous strips even in this beautiful run. The old-timey ice cream shop(pe): perfect. Spot-on perfect.

(Incidentally, I don't think Nice Pete would actually manage to seduce Molly. Even if he did, I think they'd be long broken up by the time Beef's cyborg systems give up the ghost.)


Pete will try to kill Molly, but of course you can't kill someone in heaven. The resulting energy backlash will create an evil twin of Bruce Springsteen, called Deuce Springsteen, who will travel the world in a Range Rover looking for indigenous cultures to destroy with industrialism. End storyline.
Title: We were right! I think... 11/12
Post by: CortJstr on November 12, 2003, 05:27:17 pm
Nice Pete would go to Heaven?
Title: We were right! I think... 11/12
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on November 12, 2003, 05:30:53 pm
Quote from: "CortJstr"
Nice Pete would go to Heaven?


Sure. God's pretty laid back. One time he smoked up and ordered all these cheese steaks, and then totally crashed before they came.
Title: We were right! I think... 11/12
Post by: CortJstr on November 12, 2003, 06:03:57 pm
That sounds classic.
Title: We were right! I think... 11/12
Post by: V-Adore on November 12, 2003, 06:15:00 pm
If the guy who invented salami (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=02212002) can go to Heaven, Nice Pete probably can too. Besides, even if Pete goes to Hell, they probably have like Heaven/Hell mixer parties ever so often, so the people in Heaven can appreciate what they've got and the people in Hell can suffer all the more for knowing what they're missing.

(Nice Pete and Molly -- A Match Made in God's Big Middle-School Multipurpose Room?)
Title: We were right! I think... 11/12
Post by: Steve Hogan on November 12, 2003, 06:22:24 pm
Quote
Ray will search all over that dang quarry before realizing they aren't there. He will however meet a strange man with an insanely long scarf.


Ray gets involved in ANOTHER time travel story?

(http://www.bbc.co.uk/cult/doctorwho/doctors/images/l_tbaker.jpg)
Title: We were right! I think... 11/12
Post by: slink on November 12, 2003, 06:32:01 pm
Man the artwork of the ice cream shop is superb.
Gotta love it.
And I'm just so relieved that Philippe is going to get some ice cream after all this travelling and wondering.
Title: We were right! I think... 11/12
Post by: Carlos del Vaca on November 13, 2003, 01:39:31 am
OK, Nice Pete, you're off the hook... this time.

But I'm watching you.  And I don't sleep much.
Title: We were right! I think... 11/12
Post by: andalucia on November 13, 2003, 02:39:14 am
So do you think this incredibly-gorgeous-art thing'll continue, or end with the storyline?
Title: We were right! I think... 11/12
Post by: Noah on November 13, 2003, 02:50:25 am
Has anyone else noticed that Chris Onstad has relocated his his name/date-thing to the top? I kind of liked the old spot better.
Title: We were right! I think... 11/12
Post by: slink on November 13, 2003, 03:19:08 am
Quote from: "andalucia"
So do you think this incredibly-gorgeous-art thing'll continue, or end with the storyline?


I think it'll probably somewhat end with this storyline. It's like he slips into certain genres for stories. This is very Hitchcock/Noir. A little bit of Egoyan in the rain and the cars I felt.
So hopefully he'll get back to this kind of art again for another storyline before long.
Title: We were right! I think... 11/12
Post by: V-Adore on November 13, 2003, 04:12:23 am
I'm split on the art. On one hand, art as extravagant and gorgeous as this is hard to argue against; on the other, part of the feel of "classic" Achewood was the visual sparsity. It's an element of the style.
Title: We were right! I think... 11/12
Post by: jough on November 13, 2003, 04:13:09 am
I don't see the current storyline lasting past friday - if not tomorrow.

It's been gorgeous, though.  I don't think I've read a comic since the end of Sandman where there's been such a sense of lingering dread.