The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => Arts & Entertainment => Topic started by: Arachno-capitalist on October 23, 2008, 04:32:44 am

Title: Sopranos?
Post by: Arachno-capitalist on October 23, 2008, 04:32:44 am
Did anyone else watch the Sopranos?
I own the whole DVD collection, I've watched every episode back to back 3-4 times and I just recently started watching the episodes with commentary.
What did you think of the series? The last episode?
Title: Re: Sopranos?
Post by: robot_god on October 23, 2008, 11:42:40 am
The best and the best.  I really hate 'Don't Stop Believin'' but the show brought it up a peg.
Title: Re: Sopranos?
Post by: miles on October 23, 2008, 01:08:55 pm
Did anyone else watch the Sopranos?
I own the whole DVD collection, I've watched every episode back to back 3-4 times and I just recently started watching the episodes with commentary.
What did you think of the series? The last episode?


I caught the whole thing on DVD after the last episode had aired, so of course I knew generally how it would end, but it was still brilliant, as was the entire series.

Hey, did I hear about the BBC series The Singing Detective here? I can't find the thread. If I did, thanks to the imaginary person who recommended it. Also brilliant.
Title: Re: Sopranos?
Post by: miles on January 01, 2009, 08:28:47 pm
Anyone get the new fancy boxed set for Christmas?
Title: Re: Sopranos?
Post by: Arachno-capitalist on January 01, 2009, 09:51:18 pm
No, did it come with anything unique? I did get the nice Sopranos Complete Book for Christmas though, its been a pretty informative read so far, Id recommend it.
Title: Re: Sopranos?
Post by: miles on January 01, 2009, 09:57:12 pm
Not sure if it has anything unique. I was hoping someone here could answer it...or I could do a bit of clicking around. I don't own the seasons yet but I've heard that the packaging for the set is kind of obnoxious.
Title: Re: Sopranos?
Post by: KeithHernandez on January 01, 2009, 11:42:29 pm
Yeah, those HBO shows seasons are ridiculously expensive though.  The Wire sold for like $75  season, and they released a five season box set for 150, I think.  What I am saying is it might be a lot cheaper.
Title: Re: Sopranos?
Post by: miles on January 01, 2009, 11:59:41 pm
I have all seasons of The Wire and was able to get each for less that $50. I bought the second season used (sorry wombat, and David Simon) but the rest new. Still cheaper though, you're right. But it's not too hard to get deals on individual seasons. Which reminds me, I need to find out if there is anything unique in The Wire box.
Title: Re: Sopranos?
Post by: KeithHernandez on January 02, 2009, 12:08:05 am
They only time I bought a season was for my dad, for christmas, so it was kind of rushed, at a store (not the internet) and in a rich suburb, but that 150 is still cheap, I was thinking of buying it for my dad once I get a job. 

I download all my things without regret, so, well I don't care. 
Title: Re: Sopranos?
Post by: robot_god on January 02, 2009, 12:40:29 am
I got the boxed set.  It's alright, all the discs and descriptions come in this big binder book.

There isn't much to say about it.  It's very black.  The only real surprise is that it comes with the Peppers and Eggs 2CD soundtrack that came out during the third season, I think.