The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: pmcd9 on August 03, 2003, 04:21:02 am

Title: Five Favorite Strips - The Results are IN!
Post by: pmcd9 on August 03, 2003, 04:21:02 am
7. Hiram the Blacksmith 5/14/03 (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=05142003)

6. Liquor Cabinet Taste Test 10/22/01 (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=10222001)

5. Orange Creamsicle Alcohol Drink 11/7/01 (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=11072001)

4. Cathy 5/23/03 (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=05232003)

3. Phillipe is standing on it 10/01/01 (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=10012001)

2. The Minature Golf Hole 10/25/01 (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=10252001)

1. Cutlery Ads; Bourbon 12/7/01 (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=12072001)
Title: Five Favorite Strips - The Results are IN!
Post by: V-Adore on August 03, 2003, 07:59:26 pm
My first response to this question involves wailing and lamentation that I should have to narrow it down to five (or seven, or nine, or whatever). That said...

5. Cutlery ads; bourbon (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=12072001)

4. Neatest person in Heaven (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=02212002)

3. Porno (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=05162002)

2. The Party: Day XXI: Things are coming to a head (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=04092002)

1. Notorious L.I.N.C.O.L.N. (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=01272003)
Title: Five Favorite Strips - The Results are IN!
Post by: pmcd9 on August 03, 2003, 08:26:45 pm
I'm  gonna tally the responses to this thread.  Then we'll have a definitive favorite strip for the group.  Remember the order of your vote is important here.  A 5 vote gets one point and a 1 vote gets five points.  Any extra votes (more than 5) will recieve 1/2 point each. got that?  Ok.  

~Paul
Title: Five Favorite Strips - The Results are IN!
Post by: wombat on August 03, 2003, 09:30:42 pm
Noooo!  I can't put them in order.  In no order:

cutlery (see above)

antiques road show http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=11092001

onstad's birthday http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=06142002

of course, a home for scared people
http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=05232002

and in in fifth place, about twenty other strips every time I look through the archive to find these.
Title: Five Favorite Strips - The Results are IN!
Post by: pmcd9 on August 03, 2003, 09:35:41 pm
You must put them in order, otherwise the whole thing falls apart.

~Paul
Title: Five Favorite Strips - The Results are IN!
Post by: pmcd9 on August 03, 2003, 09:38:13 pm
It seems cutlery ads is an early favorite with 3 votes already.

~Paul
Title: Five Favorite Strips - The Results are IN!
Post by: jough on August 03, 2003, 09:43:08 pm
For those who don't put them in order, just accept them in the order that they're given.  So their last listed item would be their #1, etc.

It works.  If they only pick three strips then you only count their top three votes.  It's pretty easy.
Title: Five Favorite Strips - The Results are IN!
Post by: pmcd9 on August 03, 2003, 09:50:19 pm
That's what I will do, but I want to encourage people to list them in order.

~Paul
Title: My Top-5 List
Post by: jough on August 03, 2003, 10:05:56 pm
05. Six Kinds of Nasty - 07 February 2003  (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=02072003)

04. Java Be Dancin - 10 March 2003 (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=03102003)

03. (tie) No one can escape AOL - 07 August 2002 (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=08072002)

03. (tie) Lie Bot's New Shoes - 30 October 2001 (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=10302001)

02. AIDS - 26 October 2001 (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=10262001)

01. Kicking a Basketball - 23 April 2002 (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=04232002)

Runners Up:
Suckin' Dick Bought This Van:
http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=04292002

English Speaking Pizza:
http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=02122002

Education:
http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=01282002

How the Internet Works:
http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=10192001

You. Are. Rad:
http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=06282002

The Most Important Model Train:
http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=07092002

Stand on it, Agnes!:
http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=11272002

Pat's Message Board:
http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=02142003

Murder Explained:
http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=04082003

Nerdy Bitches on Speed:
http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=04162003

Prison is supposed to be really hard to get out of:
http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=04172003

Free Earplugs:
http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=07032003

Molly McSweeney's:
http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=06302003

Mantonio:
http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=04242003

The Hand-Held Fan:
http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=01042002

Not Afraid of the Police:
http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=10222001

These KNIVES!:
http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=12072001


Is that enough?
Title: Five Favorite Strips - The Results are IN!
Post by: slink on August 03, 2003, 10:17:16 pm
I wish I could come up with any kind of coherent list but it would never happen. I can never make lists of anything :p
I have to say, Antiques Roadshow is possibly up there cos i have to sit in front of it every sunday, and wich someone would end up dead witth a wrench in their head.
But then, all the other ones listed here I love so much. Damn, Achewood's just too good!
Title: Five Favorite Strips - The Results are IN!
Post by: pmcd9 on August 03, 2003, 10:24:56 pm
Yes, that's quite enough, thank you.

~Paul
Title: Five Favorite Strips - The Results are IN!
Post by: AugustWest on August 04, 2003, 01:25:38 am
I gotta put some thought into this.  What's the deadline for receiving our lists?
Title: Five Favorite Strips - The Results are IN!
Post by: PinkStainlessTail on August 04, 2003, 02:22:36 pm
English Speaking Pizza (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=02122002)

Because of a problem? (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=10022001)

The saddest thing (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=11052001)

Hand-Held Fan (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=01042002)

Christmas Punch (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=12272001)

Really arbitrary. Hand-Held Fan and Christmas Punch are the only ones I'm sure of; the other three could change from day to day.
Title: Five Favorite Strips - The Results are IN!
Post by: Carlos del Vaca on August 04, 2003, 05:11:00 pm
I can't get beyond six.  So sue me.

6.  up yours Garfield (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=05222003)

5.  vodka, bourbon, tequila (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=10222001)

4.  Antiques Road Show (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=11092001)

3.  the party comes to a head (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=04092002)

2.  Merry Chrishmash Philippe! (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=12272001)

1.  the Saddest Thing Redux (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=06022003)
Title: Five Favorite Strips - The Results are IN!
Post by: Ash on August 04, 2003, 08:50:57 pm
My top 5 techie ones, in no particular order (and there are certainly better ones I missed, since I was hunting through while actually trying to work.. ;) )

5. Isn't UNIX made by fat people? (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=12052001)

4. Billy Idol the "CyberPunk" (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=08162002)

3. Roast Beef's Personals Ad (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=09232002)

2. Teodor is programming his own website (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=10292001)

1. JAVA BE DANCIN' (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=03102003)


Ash
Title: Five Favorite Strips - The Results are IN!
Post by: wombat on August 04, 2003, 10:13:28 pm
Oh! I forgot about English Speaking Pizza.  I almost included the AOL one too.  

You are too cruel.  Would you put your favorite children in order? OK, maybe this.

1. Home for scared people
2. Cutlery
3. Antiques roadshow
4. English speaking pizza
5. Onstad's bday

But there's not enough Philippe in this list.  Maybe I need to start all over again.
Title: My Top-5 List
Post by: Hobbes on August 04, 2003, 11:15:31 pm
5. The One Where It's Been Awhile (http://www.achewood.com/dat/comic/03292002.gif)

4. The One With The Cutout (http://www.achewood.com/dat/comic/04182002.gif)

3. The One With The Mix Tape (http://www.achewood.com/dat/comic/06032002.gif)

2. The One With The Notorious L.I.N.C.O.L.N. (http://www.achewood.com/dat/comic/01272003.gif)

1. The One With The Subway Ad (http://www.achewood.com/dat/comic/01212003.gif)

Special Bonus for best line ever: I'm So Sorry Doctor Kisses (http://www.achewood.com/dat/comic/03072003.gif)

[Edited by jldunston to make the links not broken.]
Title: Five Favorite Strips - The Results are IN!
Post by: CortJstr on August 04, 2003, 11:58:49 pm
5. Bed Time (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=10102001)

4. Liquor Cabinet Taste Test (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=10222001)

3. Worst Poker Hand Ever (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=11082001)

2. The Party: Day XXV: Todd is Faded (Squirrel Police) (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=04152002)

1. The Jade Ding Dong (FURIOUS Ding Dong) (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=03172003)
Title: Five Favorite Strips - The Results are IN!
Post by: jay-ell on August 05, 2003, 03:07:24 am
Dammit, I suppose I had better do one.  

5.  Will You Be My Girlfriend Molly (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=03112003)

4.  Liquor Cabinet Taste Test (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=10222001)

3.  Do You Want Some Fritatta (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=05162002)

2.  A Screaming Person (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=01072002)

1.  Worst Poker Hand Ever (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=11082001)
Title: Five Favorite Strips - The Results are IN!
Post by: jough on August 05, 2003, 03:33:22 am
Quote from: "jldunston"

3.  Do You Want Some Fritatta (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=05162002)


This is one of those strips where I found the alt text to be funnier than the comic.
Title: Five Favorite Strips - The Results are IN!
Post by: CortJstr on August 05, 2003, 03:37:59 am
Quote from: "jough"
Quote from: "jldunston"

3.  Do You Want Some Fritatta (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=05162002)


This is one of those strips where I found the alt text to be funnier than the comic.


Exactly It was in my top 10 list that I was trimming down when I realized that it's the alt-text combined with the image of Ray that makes the joke. The strip in the book is less funny by a factor of 6.
Title: Five Favorite Strips - The Results are IN!
Post by: pmcd9 on August 05, 2003, 03:48:52 am
It looks like Liquor Cabinet Taste Test is pulling into the lead followed closely by Antiques Road Show, English Speaking Pizza, Worst Poker Hand Ever and Onstad's Birthday.  I haven't done any tabulating, that's just a quick glance and it looks about right.  It's way too close to call yet.  We need more votes.

~Paul
Title: Five Favorite Strips - The Results are IN!
Post by: JorgeFabregas on August 05, 2003, 04:40:29 am
I'm glad that Worst Poker Hand Ever is getting some love.

It is maybe the BEST comic ever.

Who is responsible for slipping Philipe the crappy hand, or are they both in on it? We may never know.
Title: Five Favorite Strips - The Results are IN!
Post by: pmcd9 on August 06, 2003, 11:27:09 pm
May I encourage you all to post your five favorite Achewood strips here in this thread.  I am waiting for more input before I begin to compile.  because If I don't get more input it won't be worth the trouble.

It'll only take you a minute, you know what you like.

~Paul
Title: Five Favorite Strips - The Results are IN!
Post by: Flenker on August 07, 2003, 03:34:40 am
ok, my top 5, in order....

5.  a dangerously good haircut
4.  x-mas punch
3.  worst poker hand ever
2.  these knives
1.  liquor cabinet taste test


with many, many honorable mentions.  too many to mention
Title: Five Favorite Strips - The Results are IN!
Post by: Nabubrush on August 07, 2003, 03:48:30 am
1) liquor cabinet
2) worst poker hand
3) antiques roadshow
4) Lyle's pensive morning moment
5) Pat's hat

Of course, that's only right this minute, and I'm not going all the way through the archives and doing an exhaustive comparison.
Title: Five Favorite Strips - The Results are IN!
Post by: knightbg on August 07, 2003, 06:55:09 am
long time reader of the old forum, i now register to take part in this lovely exercise.

5. Antiques Roadshow (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=11092001)
4. What is the saddest thing? (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=11052001)
3. Ass in your #####. (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=11182002)
2. French Fry (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=02042002)
1. DO YOU WANT SOME FRITATTA a.k.a. Porno (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=05162002)

i completely disagree with the sentiment that the fritatta alt-text is better than the cartoon.  this was the strip that really sold me on how genius achewood could be: that a strip could completely devolve into a character ripping off his head and screaming a total non-sequitor, and that i would completely buy it, is i think the ultimate testament to how good onstad can be.

i also need to give an honorable mention to this strip (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=03252002), because the phrase "so many whales" actually became integrated into  the speech of my friends and I as a synonym for "a lot."

yup.
Title: Five Favorite Strips - The Results are IN!
Post by: V-Adore on August 07, 2003, 06:36:05 pm
Quote from: "knightbg"

i completely disagree with the sentiment that the fritatta alt-text is better than the cartoon.  this was the strip that really sold me on how genius achewood could be: that a strip could completely devolve into a character ripping off his head and screaming a total non-sequitor, and that i would completely buy it, is i think the ultimate testament to how good onstad can be.

Assuming commentary and not just list-posting is still in-topic for this thread... I have to agree. That, and it's the kind of strip that's both gleefully over-the-top and oddly accurate; I remember the first reaction of a computer-programmer friend was "oh, yeah, I've had coding hallucinations like that."

And, for that matter, it's about the clearest look we ever get at how Ray is inside Beef's head -- and let's face it, the idea of a friend who'd get so angry at you looking at porno that he'd pull his head off is scary, in a hallucinatory kind of way. The "I have needs" shot of Beef is especially pitiful.
Title: best
Post by: satchel on August 07, 2003, 08:52:32 pm
My flavorites:

1. Téodor’s birthday presents
2. Todd’s license plate frame
3. Who ate my ’shrooms?
4. Philippe is standing on it
5. Guest-starring Lyle/Everybody hats

The two listed at 5 are very similar in their ideas: normal sequences inadvertently broken up by aspects of Lyle’s personality.
Title: My five fav-o-reet
Post by: Stoopd Hed on August 08, 2003, 12:46:23 am
5.  Just because soda guns in heaven just seems so right  (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=03072003)

4. He gets with the ladies but in the end they do not like him!  (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=01272003)

3. Suckin' dick bought this van  (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=05282003)

2. Killin' is like basketball..  (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=04092003)

1. Lie Bot, what is the saddest thing  (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=11052001) - because it got me hooked on Achewood
 
The topic I posted seemed very anti-Onstad, but I didn't mean to dis'spect. And come on, all of you like soda guns, you like heaven, #5 is just the natural next step. [/url]
Title: Five Favorite Strips - The Results are IN!
Post by: JorgeFabregas on August 08, 2003, 01:23:26 am
The cinematic scope of killing is like basketball is awe inspiring.
Title: Five Favorite Strips - The Results are IN!
Post by: pmcd9 on August 10, 2003, 04:17:16 am
I'll make one more appeal for you all to post your five favorite achewood strips.  If you havent done so, please do.

~Paul
Title: Five Favorite Strips - The Results are IN!
Post by: super collider on August 12, 2003, 11:01:36 pm
seriously this one has to be near the top:

Pork Chops (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=02132002)

Oh and hello!
Title: Five Favorite Strips - The Results are IN!
Post by: Limmo on August 13, 2003, 04:18:49 am
OK, in chronological order:

Todd the Squirrel

Todd's natural enemy

ASS IN YOUR #####

Turd Murder

Chompin' Mignon on Bellagio Lake

I could have done an entire list of Todd strips, because Todd is frikkin' awesome.
Title: NOAH'S ALL-TIME TOP 5 FAVORITE ACHEWOOD COMICS.
Post by: Noah on August 13, 2003, 08:25:02 am
5. Laying into Garfield (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=05222003)
4. Killing is Like Basketball (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=04092003)
3. Pat's Hat (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=06042002)
2. Impulsive Shirt Orderer (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=10222002)
1. Breakfast in Bed (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=05072002)

I'm new here.
Title: Five Favorite Strips - The Results are IN!
Post by: pmcd9 on August 15, 2003, 05:00:58 am
I'm about ready to add up the votes and declare a favorite strip for this message board.  I would have done it already, but i've been busy.  I'll probably do it this Sunday afternoon so if there are any last minute votes get them in by then.

~Paul
Title: Five Favorite Strips - The Results are IN!
Post by: side_show on August 15, 2003, 05:29:44 pm
In order where #1 is my favorite (ps - hi everyone, I'm glad I found the new board)

5)four way tie: a)french fry b)roasted up ding dong c) the party XI (phillipe and ultra peanut's dead baby in the future) d)cathy's retarded baby

4)A fee!

3)Jared is not tough

2)you. are. rad.

1)the sadest thing
Title: Five Favorite Strips - The Results are IN!
Post by: AugustWest on August 19, 2003, 07:31:22 pm
Paper Trail Jones:
http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=12192002

My mother knew that I would die one day:

http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=10042001

Suckin’ dick bought this van:

http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=10042001

What if someone finds it?  They could test for my DNA!

http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=01302003

and I am the winner:

http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=04092003

fightin’ rats with a rake:

http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=05092003

OK that’s six.
Title: Five Favorite Strips - The Results are IN!
Post by: The Wonderous Me on August 20, 2003, 01:25:01 pm
My favorite 5 strips are the ones he'll be doing every week day again!!! YAY!
Title: Five Favorite Strips - The Results are IN!
Post by: Noah on August 20, 2003, 08:26:24 pm
Whoa, every day again!? And suicide?! Uh...cool!?
Title: The results are in
Post by: pmcd9 on August 24, 2003, 08:35:34 am
Ok, the results are in and there isn't a clear winner.  We should probably have a run off, but i'm not sure there is that much interest in it.  If i'm wrong let me know and I will moderate it.

anyway.....

23 members voted

128 total votes cast

79 strips receiving votes

Most votes for one strip 8

Most points for one strip 20

and the winners are...

key [first place votes/total number of votes/total points]

I didn't check all of the links so I hope they are right.

based on total number of votes:
10/22/01 Liquor Cabinet Taste Test (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=10222001) 2/8/17

based on total number of points:
11/08/01 Worst Poker Hand Ever (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=11082001) 2/5/20

and so on...

12/07/01 Cutlery Ads; Bourbon (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=12072001) 1/5/14.5

11/09/01 Antiques Road Show (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=11092001) 1/5/14

11/05/01 The Saddest Thing (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=11052001) 2/4/15

04/29/02 Todd’s License Plate Frame (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=04292002) 0/4/10.5

05/16/02 Porno (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=05162002) 1/3/11

01/27/03 Notorious L.I.N.C.O.L.N. (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=01272003) 1/3/11

02/12/01 English Speaking Pizza (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=02122002) 1/3/7.5

12/27/01 Belated Christmas Strip (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=12272001) 0/3/7

04/09/03 Killin’ is Like Basketball… (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=04092003) 0/3/7

10/02/01 Teodor’s birthday Presents (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=10022001) 1/2/9

04/02/02 The Party: Day XXI: Things are coming to a head (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=04022002) 0/2/7

10/4/01 Who Ate my ‘shrooms? (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=10042001) 0/2/7

03/10/03 Java Be Dancin (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=03102003) 1/2/6

11/18/02 Ass in your ##### (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=11182002) 0/2/6

10/01/01 Phillipe is standing on it (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=10012001) 0/2/5

11/17/02 Jared is not tough (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=11172002) 0/2/5

01/21/03 How else can Jarod Die? (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=01212003) 0/2/5

06/28/02 You. Are. Rad (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=062802) 0/2/4.5

06/04/02 Pat’s Hat (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=06042002) 0/2/4

01/30/03 Turd Murder (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=01302003) 0/2/4

01/04/02 The Hand-Held Fan (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=01042002) 0/2/2.5

05/09/03 Chompin’ Mignon on Bellagio Lake (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=05092003) 0/2/1.5

05/22/03 Laying into Garfield (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=05222003) 0/2/1.5

05/23/02 Home for Scared People (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=05232003) 1/1/5
04/23/02 Kicking the Basketball (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=04232002) 1/1/5
06/02/03 The Saddest Thing Redux (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=06022003) 1/1/5
03/17/03 The Jade Ding Dong (Furious Ding Dong) (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=03172003) 1/1/5
02/13/02 Pork Chops (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=02132002) 1/1/5
11/14/01 Todd the Squirrel (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=11142001) 1/1/5
03/11/03 Will You Be My girlfriend Molly? (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=03112003) 1/1/5
05/07/02 Breakfast in Bed (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=05072002) 1/1/5
12/19/02 Paper Trail Jones (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=12192002) 1/1/5

10/25/01 The Minature Golf Hole (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=10252001) 0/1/4
10/26/01 AIDS (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=10262001) 0/1/4
04/15/02 The Party Day XXV: Todd is Faded (Squirrel Police) (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=04152002) 0/1/4
10/07/02 A Screaming Person (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=10072002) 0/1/4
02/01/02 Todd’s natural enemy (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=02012002) 0/1/4
02/04/02 French Fry (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=02042002) 0/1/4
10/29/01 Teodor is programming his own website (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=10292001) 0/1/4
10/22/02 Impulsive Shirt Orderer (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=10222002) 0/1/4
04/11/02 Until you are SO nude (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=04112002) 0/1/4

10/30/01 Lie Bot’s New Shoes (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=10302001) 0/1/3
06/03/02 The Mix Tape (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=06032002) 0/1/3
09/23/02 Roast Beef’s Personals Ad (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=09232002) 0/1/3
11/26/02 Hello America (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=11262002) 0/1/3

11/07/01 Orange Creamsicle Alcohol Drink (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=11072001) 0/1/2
02/21/02 Neatest Person in Heaven (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=02212002) 0/1/2
08/07/02 No one can escape AOL (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=08072002) 0/1/2
04/18/02 The Cutout (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=04182002) 0/1/2
12/20/01 Lyle’s Pensive Morning Moment (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=12202001) 0/1/2
03/06/02 A Fee! (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=03062002) 0/1/2
08/16/02 Billy Idol the “CyberPunk’ (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=08162002) 0/1/2

05/23/03 Cathy (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=05232003) 0/1/1
06/14/02 Onstad’s Birthday (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=06142002) 0/1/1
12/05/01 Isn’t UNIX made by fat people? (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=12052001) 0/1/1
03/29/02 It’s Been Awhile (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=03292002) 0/1/1
10/10/01 Bed Time (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=10102001) 0/1/1
03/11/03 Will You Be My Girlfriend Molly (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=03112003) 0/1/1
12/18/01 a dangerously good haircut (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=12182001) 0/1/1
06/05/02 Everybody Hat (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=06052002) 0/1/1
03/07/03 Just because soda guns in heaven just seems so right (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=03072003) 0/1/1

04/22/03 Guest Strip Annonymous (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=04222003) 0/1/.5
03/31/03 Guest Strip Drew Weing (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=03312003) 0/1/.5
05/14/03 Hiram the Blacksmith (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=05142003) 0/1/.5
02/07/03 Six Kinds of Nasty (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=02072003) 0/1/.5
01/28/02 Education (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=01282002) 0/1/.5
10/19/01 How the Internet Works (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=10192001) 0/1/.5
07/09/02 The Most Important Model Train: (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=07092992) 0/1/.5
11/27/02 Stand on it Agnes (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=11272002) 0/1/.5
02/14/03 Pat’s Message Board (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=02142003) 0/1/.5
04/08/03 Murder, Explained (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=04082003) 0/1/.5
04/16/03 Nerdy Bitches on Speed (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=04162003) 0/1/.5
04/17/03 Prison is supposed to be really hard to get out of (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=04172003) 0/1/.5
07/03/03 Free Earplugs (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=07032003) 0/1/.5
06/30/03 Molly McSweeney’s (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=06302003) 0/1/.5
04/24/03 Mantonio (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=04242003) 0/1/.5
03/07/03 I’m So Sorry Doctor Kisses (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=03072003) 0/1/.5

~Paul
Title: Individual results
Post by: pmcd9 on August 24, 2003, 08:53:18 am
Sorry no links here, that was too much work.

PMCD9

1.   12/07/01 Cutlery Ads; Bourbon
2.   10/25/01 The Minature Golf Hole
3.   10/01/01 Phillipe is standing on it
4.   11/07/01 Orange Creamsicle Alcohol Drink
5.   05/23/03 Cathy
6.   10/22/01 Liquor Cabinet Taste Test
7.   05/14/03 Hiram the Blacksmith

V-Adore

1.   01/27/03 Notorious L.I.N.C.O.L.N.
2.   04/02/02 The Party: Day XXI: Things are coming to a head
3.   05/16/02 Porno
4.   02/21/02 Neatest Person in Heaven
5.   12/07/01 Cutlery ads; Bourbon

Wombat

1.   05/23/02 Home for Scared People
2.   12/07/01 Cutlery ads; Bourbon
3.   11/09/01 Antiques Road Show
4.   11/09/01 English Speaking Pizza
5.   06/14/02 Onstad’s Birthday

jough

1.   04/23/02 Kicking the Basketball
2.   10/26/01 AIDS
3.   10/30/01 Lie Bot’s New Shoes
4.   08/07/02 No one can escape AOL
5.   03/10/03 Java Be Dancin
6.   02/07/03 Six Kinds of Nasty
7.   04/29/02 Todd’s License Plate Frame
8.   11/09/01 English Speaking Pizza
9.   01/28/02 Education
10.   10/19/01 How the Internet Works
11.   06/28/02 You. Are. Rad
12.   07/09/02 The Most Important Model Train:
13.   11/27/02 Stand on it Agnes
14.   02/14/03 Pat’s Message Board
15.   04/08/03 Murder, Explained
16.   04/16/03 Nerdy Bitches on Speed
17.   04/17/03 Prison is supposed to be really hard to get out of
18.   07/03/03 Free Earplugs
19.   06/30/03 Molly McSweeney’s
20.   04/24/03 Mantonio
21.   01/04/02 The Hand-Held Fan
22.   10/22/01 Liquor Cabinet Taste Test
23.   12/07/01 Cutlery Ad’s Bourbon

slink

1.   11/09/01 Antiques Road Show

Pink Stainless Tail

1.   11/09/01 English Speaking Pizza
2.   10/02/01 Teodor’s birthday Presents
3.   11/05/01 The Saddest Thing
4.   01/04/02 The Hand-Held Fan
5.   12/27/01 Belated Christmas Strip

Carlosdelvaca

1.   06/02/03 The Saddest Thing Redux
2.   12/27/01 Belated Christmas Strip
3.   04/02/02 The Party: Day XXI: Things are coming to a head
4.   11/09/01 Antiques Road Show
5.   10/22/01 Liquor Cabinet Taste Test
6.   05/22/03 Laying into Garfield

Ash

1.   03/10/03 Java Be Dancin’
2.   10/29/01 Teodor is programming his own website
3.   09/23/02 Roast Beef’s Personals Ad
4.   08/16/02 Billy Idol the “CyberPunk’
5.   12/05/01 Isn’t UNIX made by fat people?

Hobbes

1.   01/21/03 How else can Jarod Die?
2.   01/27/03 Notorious L.I.N.C.O.L.N.
3.   06/03/02 The Mix Tape
4.   04/18/02 The Cutout
5.   03/29/02 It’s Been Awhile
6.   03/07/03 I’m So Sorry Doctor Kisses

CortJstr

1.   03/17/03 The Jade Ding Dong (Furious Ding Dong)
2.   04/15/02 The Party Day XXV: Todd is Faded (Squirrel Police)
3.   11/08/01 Worst Poker Hand Ever
4.   10/22/01 Liquor Cabinet Taste Test
5.   10/10/01 Bed Time

jldunston

1.   11/08/01 Worst Poker Hand Ever
2.   10/07/02 A Screaming Person
3.   05/16/02 Porno
4.   10/22/01 Liquor Cabinet Taste Test
5.   03/11/03 Will You Be My Girlfriend Molly

JorgeFabregas

1.   11/08/01 Worst Poker Hand Ever

Flenker

1.   10/22/01 Liquor Cabinet Taste Test
2.   12/07/01 Cutlery Ad’s Bourbon
3.   11/08/01 Worst Poker Hand Ever
4.   12/27/01 Belated Christmas Strip
5.   12/18/01 a dangerously good haircut


Nabubrush (drinks a lot)

1.   10/22/01 Liquor Cabinet Taste Test
2.   11/08/01 Worst Poker Hand Ever
3.   11/09/01 Antiques Road Show
4.   12/20/01 Lyle’s Pensive Morning Moment
5.   06/04/02 Pat’s Hat

Knightbg

1.   05/16/02 Porno
2.   02/04/02 French Fry
3.   11/18/02 Ass in your #####
4.   11/05/01 The Saddest Thing
5.   11/09/01 Antiques Road Show

satchel

1.   10/02/01 Teodor’s birthday Presents
2.   04/29/02 Todd’s License Plate Frame
3.   10/4/01 Who Ate my ‘shrooms?
4.   10/01/01 Phillipe is standing on it
5.   06/05/02 Everybody Hat

Stoopid Hed

1.   11/05/01 The Saddest Thing
2.   04/09/03 Killin’ is Like Basketball…
3.   04/29/02 Todd’s License Plate Frame
4.   01/27/03 Notorious L.I.N.C.O.L.N.
5.   03/07/03 Just becase soda guns in heaven just seems so right

super collider

1.   02/13/02 Pork Chops

Limmo

1.   11/14/01 Todd the Squirrel
2.   02/01/02 Todd’s natural enemy
3.   11/18/02 Ass in your #####
4.   01/30/03 Turd Murder
5.   05/09/03 Chompin’ Mignon on Bellagio Lake

Noah

1.   05/07/02 Breakfast in Bed
2.   10/22/02 Impulsive Shirt Orderer
3.   06/04/02 Pat’s Hat
4.   04/09/03 Killing is Like Basketball
5.   05/22/03 Laying into Garfield

side_show

1.   11/05/01 The Saddest Thing
2.   06/28/02 You. Are. Rad.
3.   11/17/02 Jared is not tough
4.   03/06/02 A Fee!

Asherdan

1.   03/11/03 Will You Be My girlfriend Molly?
2.   04/11/02 Until you are SO nude
3.   11/26/02 Hello America
4.   11/17/02 Jared is not tough
5.   10/22/01 Liquor Cabinet Taste Test
6.   04/22/03 Guest Strip Annonymous
7.   03/31/03 Guest Strip Drew Weing

AugustWest

1.   12/19/02 Paper Trail Jones
2.   10/04/01 ‘Shrooms
3.   04/29/02 Todd’s License Plate Frame
4.   01/30/03 Turd Murder
5.   04/09/03 Murder is like Basketball
6.   05/09/03 Chompin’ Mignon on Bellagio Lake
Title: Five Favorite Strips - The Results are IN!
Post by: AugustWest on August 24, 2003, 05:48:43 pm
Dude!  You really put a lot of time and effort into this.  That was cool.
Title: Five Favorite Strips - The Results are IN!
Post by: jough on August 24, 2003, 06:01:03 pm
That's awesome.  Thanks Paul.

Now we should have a thread about our favourite strips starring a certain character.

So how about it, Paul?  Ready to moderate a list of "Top 5 Strips Featuring Philippe"?

;)
Title: Five Favorite Strips - The Results are IN!
Post by: slink on August 24, 2003, 06:35:49 pm
Quote from: "jough"

So how about it, Paul?  Ready to moderate a list of "Top 5 Strips Featuring Philippe"?

;)


That's easy! Oh wait...
Either Poker, or Pork Chops and Apple Sauce!
Title: Anyone favor a runoff?
Post by: pmcd9 on August 24, 2003, 06:41:49 pm
Quote from: "jough"
So how about it, Paul?  Ready to moderate a list of "Top 5 Strips Featuring Philippe"?


Maybe a run off poll to determine the undisputed favorite strip...

~Paul
Title: Five Favorite Strips - The Results are IN!
Post by: jough on August 24, 2003, 07:29:05 pm
That's a good idea.  It would probably be best to not have too many choices, though.  Maybe have a run-off of the top five choices in a new thread?
Title: Five Favorite Strips - The Results are IN!
Post by: CortJstr on August 24, 2003, 08:27:25 pm
Quote from: "jough"
That's awesome.  Thanks Paul.

Now we should have a thread about our favourite strips starring a certain character.

So how about it, Paul?  Ready to moderate a list of "Top 5 Strips Featuring Philippe"?

;)


Let's do the run-off first. And if we're going to do a favorite character Philippe might be too hard. I say start with Teador.
Title: Five Favorite Strips - The Results are IN!
Post by: V-Adore on August 24, 2003, 09:02:59 pm
I'd suggest Pat, but that would be way, way too obvious, I think. (And all the major candidates for "Pat" strips are really Nice Pete strips, anyway.)
Title: Five Favorite Strips - The Results are IN!
Post by: slink on August 24, 2003, 09:04:03 pm
Quote from: "Asherdan"

Start with Lyle, maybe.


Go on start with an easy one - Ray...

No, but I agree with polling the top five, then I don't have to decide and acn just vote on one of them, so much easier!
Title: Five Favorite Strips - The Results are IN!
Post by: side_show on August 25, 2003, 09:09:56 pm
thank you for all your work so much paul!

I say go with a top five strip poll too.
Title: Five Favorite Strips - The Results are IN!
Post by: starlight on August 26, 2003, 12:44:25 am
I'd say go for that poll as well; I never got to list my favs (darn me and not noticing this thread till last night after the voting had already been tallied).

It was nice to go through all the strips I had forgotten about - I forgot about the Billy Idol storyline and showed that to my cousin who previously said she didn't like achewood much - she very much enjoyed that one, so yay!
Title: Five Favorite Strips - The Results are IN!
Post by: bluebird_of_unhappiness on August 26, 2003, 04:37:05 pm
I'm surprised that no one had mentioned (unless I missed it) the ASS IN YOUR ##### strip.  I have to say this was one that made me literally laugh out loud.  Somehow, I could just hear Ray singing this.

Also, what about the Chimichanga strip? -- Roast Beef's way of reaching out for help?  Just my input.
Title: Five Favorite Strips - The Results are IN!
Post by: V-Adore on August 26, 2003, 07:15:52 pm
Another one that I realized tody that got less love here than deserved: the entire Little Nephew As a Rapper story arc. "Fuck... Algebra!" is brilliant; "the concept of the variable can take it in the dumper," indeed.