The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: FeeReep on November 13, 2003, 08:18:18 am

Title: ... (11-13-03)
Post by: FeeReep on November 13, 2003, 08:18:18 am
...

Strip (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=11132003).
Title: ... 11/13
Post by: elfbabe on November 13, 2003, 08:42:20 am
Oh no! Scary again!

It may really be an ice cream shop, but that ice cream guy is CREEPY.
Title: ... 11/13
Post by: sammyjankis on November 13, 2003, 09:04:51 am
OK - so who's a fan of Gelati brand Ice Creams?
(Flavours include Tofu)
Title: ... 11/13
Post by: jough on November 13, 2003, 09:18:28 am
Cobwebs in an ice cream shoppe are never a good sign, super-secret or otherwise.
Title: ... 11/13
Post by: starlight on November 13, 2003, 11:24:24 am
I was telling mom in the email I wrote to her that the only way this could get bad was if this man was an accomplice of nice pete and -she- said this guy looked harmless ..well, today I said "I told you so!  he is so angry now!"  hah.

Things aren't lookin' good ..I was hoping I'd be wrong honestly.
Title: ... 11/13
Post by: andalucia on November 13, 2003, 12:54:47 pm
Aaugh!
Title: ... 11/13
Post by: CortJstr on November 13, 2003, 02:10:17 pm
He's just groggy. I mean the man's clearly been asleep for like a year. Give him a minute to wake up and I'm sure he'll be fine.

How would you feel if somebody woke you up expecting cheerful frozen dairy service before you had a chance to even stretch?
Title: ... 11/13
Post by: slink on November 13, 2003, 02:20:10 pm
No no, I am always that clueless when I just wake up. Secret Ice Cream shop or nay.
He's just trying to guage whether he's really woken up to an otter in a bee costume, or if he's still dreaming.
Then he'll crack out the ice cream!

(Cort you beat me to it...)
Title: ... 11/13
Post by: AugustWest on November 13, 2003, 02:20:25 pm
That sadistic bastard Onstad!  He's just torturing us.  Let's see, tomorrow will be a strip featuring Ray turning on the exit ramp and trying to decide which way to turn to find the limestone quarry.

Then, on Monday the ice cream guy will say something like "Ahem" or "Y'want Sprinkles".

On Tuesday, a plane will crash on to Beef's car, killing him instantly and incinerating the remains.  Only his big toe will survive.  Meanwhile, Nice Pete will be seen to stand menacingly behind Phillippe.

Wednesday will find Ray filling up at a gas station.

Thursday we must check in with Pat and Arthur, who we find debating Kirkegaard.

On Friday it's back to the ice cream shack where we see the ol' scooper dipping into his dusty freezer while Nice Pete reaches under his wife beater and pulls something unidentifiable out.  Beef and Molly have their first baby in heaven.

I just know that Onstad is loving this.  He's sitting in a darkened room over there on the west coast, wringing his hands and laughing sinisterly.  Damn evil genius!
Title: ... 11/13
Post by: AlohaDawg on November 13, 2003, 04:56:36 pm
This is getting a little overly drawn out - and I'm dying to see what the posse is doing.

Maybe the old dude will have a coughing fit, and Phillippe, lacking the ability to hold up his arms to ward off the oncoming cloud of lung squeezin's, will contract a fatal case of tuberculosis.

The art is fun, though.
Title: ... 11/13
Post by: doomglobe on November 13, 2003, 05:29:12 pm
I dont think its overly drawn out. I am still on the edge of my seat, and fully entertained.
Wanting to know what happens is part of the entertainment, also, think about how the archives will read. Its a really good sequence, infact, I am almost reaching 'booze mail threshold'
Title: ... 11/13
Post by: jay-ell on November 13, 2003, 05:29:58 pm
Quote from: "AlohaDawg"
lung squeezin's


 :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  

The drawn-outedness may be irritating now, but just imagine how beautiful it will be when we can go back and read the full arc in the archives.  

<sigh>... :love:
Title: ... 11/13
Post by: Paisley on November 13, 2003, 06:38:28 pm
Quote from: "starlight"
..well, today I said "I told you so!  he is so angry now!"  


The ice cream man resembles an unholy cross between Wilford Brimley and John Wayne Gacy.

(http://www.what-a-character.com/miniphotos/982798304.jpg)  (http://www.10-7.com/humor/mugshots/john_wayne_gacy_small.gif)

EDIT:

Here's a more aged Gacy (shortly before he exhausted all of his appeals):

(http://www.courttv.com/graphics/legal_flashback/wayne_gacy_030701.jpg)
Title: ... 11/13
Post by: jough on November 13, 2003, 06:40:15 pm
I was thinking Brimley, but the Gacy connection is just too powerful to bear.

Maybe this is some kind of ice cream shop for serial murderers or something?
Title: ... 11/13
Post by: AlohaDawg on November 13, 2003, 06:53:18 pm
And...what happened to Captain Impossibles? So oft first to post, perhaps he has turned his sled back into a bong?
Title: ... 11/13
Post by: MSC on November 13, 2003, 08:08:42 pm
Quote from: "CortJstr"
He's just groggy. I mean the man's clearly been asleep for like a year. Give him a minute to wake up and I'm sure he'll be fine.


I disagree.  

Check out the stains on his shirt and the 5 o'clock (or later?) shadow.  An ice cream man in this kind of sorry state can only be bad news.
Title: ... 11/13
Post by: V-Adore on November 13, 2003, 09:33:22 pm
The ice cream man is perhaps the scariest Wilford Brimley clone ever. As for the Gacy connections... well, I'm just glad Philippe didn't want to go as a clown this year.

I, too, worry about Philippe, but then it hits me: I'm worrying about a comic strip featuring an otter in a bee costume being menaced by a Wilford-Brimley-looking ice-cream-serving cat and a second cat with a handlebar mustache and a wife-beater. I have a feeling Onstad's aiming for the absurdity angle, too.

Quote from: "Mistah West"
Beef and Molly have their first baby in heaven.

What would they name it? I'm picturing something like "Javascript Raymond Kazenzakis."
Title: ... 11/13
Post by: andalucia on November 13, 2003, 09:38:26 pm
Quote from: "CortJstr"
cheerful frozen dairy service


I don't know what it is about that phrase that compelled me to read it over and over and over and laugh.
Title: ... 11/13
Post by: slink on November 13, 2003, 09:47:18 pm
Quote from: "V-Adore"

What would they name it? I'm picturing something like "Javascript Raymond Kazenzakis."


Surely Beef is so geeky he'd want to name it ECMAScript instead. Or at least I am...
Title: ... 11/13
Post by: jough on November 13, 2003, 09:53:03 pm
Slink, you beat me to it.
Title: ... 11/13
Post by: CortJstr on November 13, 2003, 09:53:06 pm
Quote from: "V-Adore"
Quote from: "Mistah West"
Beef and Molly have their first baby in heaven.

What would they name it? I'm picturing something like "Javascript Raymond Kazenzakis."


He'd probably work it out so the initials were an extention, but I can't think of any offhand that end with k.
Title: ... 11/13
Post by: jough on November 13, 2003, 09:53:57 pm
JDK.
Title: ... 11/13
Post by: FeeReep on November 14, 2003, 12:45:46 am
Quote
And...what happened to Captain Impossibles? So oft first to post, perhaps he has turned his sled back into a bong?


Rest assured, captain impossibles has been dealt with.
Title: ... 11/13
Post by: AugustWest on November 14, 2003, 05:55:36 am
I dig the beadboard on the walls.
Iscreaman has 3 hairs, just like Homer Simpson.  
He also wears a nice vest.  Plus an arm garter.
Why does the cash register show a "I" rung up?

This place has lovely glassware.  
Why is that?

Suddenly Iscreaman has eyebrows.
Eyebrows!
What is he thinking?

Phillippe doesn't know.
He wants to know.
Life is very confusing now.
And the bee suit is very hot and sweaty.

It isn't beadboard.
It's wallpaper.
Thick, expensive wallpaper.
But wallpaper just the same.

I have a stain on my shirt.
And understated eyebrows.
What do you want?
What do you want?

Did I just write a poem, jough?
Title: ... 11/13
Post by: jough on November 14, 2003, 06:15:34 am
Quote from: "AugustWest"
Did I just write a poem, jough?


No.
Title: ... 11/13
Post by: andalucia on November 14, 2003, 06:21:43 am
Zing!