The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => Arts & Entertainment => Topic started by: robot_god on November 20, 2008, 01:12:20 am

Title: LINGUISTIX
Post by: robot_god on November 20, 2008, 01:12:20 am
All the linguistics lessons you ever wanted:

http://www.youtube.com/user/hotforwords
Title: Re: LINGUISTIX
Post by: Ruta Bagas on November 20, 2008, 10:53:12 am
Damn it, you had me excited there for a minute. But etymology? I can look that up!
Title: Re: LINGUISTIX
Post by: side_show on November 21, 2008, 07:47:53 pm
In the world of fun with language, I was out shopping with the husband, and got excited when I saw a cute stuffed animal for sale, which was otherwise your standard run-of-the mill puppy dog type, but it was extraordinary due to it's tag:  "Lying Dog."  So fantastic.
Title: Re: LINGUISTIX
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on November 24, 2008, 04:52:45 am
Damn it, you had me excited there for a minute. But etymology? I can look that up!

Yeah, it seems like she isoglosses over real linguistics.