The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: brycemidas on November 23, 2008, 08:58:47 am

Title: The Austin Signing
Post by: brycemidas on November 23, 2008, 08:58:47 am
I just got to Austin, TX a few weeks ago and I am actually extending my stay here, canceling other plans, etc. to stick around for the signing. I believe this will be awesome. I don't know if I have a point other than fuck yeah.
Title: Re: The Austin Signing
Post by: littlefallsmets on November 23, 2008, 09:07:22 am
I can't speak for everyone here but "fuck yeah" is a valid point in my book.
Title: Re: The Austin Signing
Post by: Arachno-capitalist on November 23, 2008, 09:10:22 am
let us know how it goes. Also, are you a white guy with glasses? I wish he would do a Mid Altantic/DC signing if for nothing else than I could bring a sweet dark honey to the show and blow his mind. (yes I know a sweet black chick who does not wear glasses and likes achewood)
Title: Re: The Austin Signing
Post by: Ruta Bagas on November 23, 2008, 09:15:17 am
AC cares deeply about the health of cartoonists. (http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/1998/07/980708085352.htm)
Title: Re: The Austin Signing
Post by: Arachno-capitalist on November 23, 2008, 09:18:03 am
AC cares deeply about the health of cartoonists. (http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/1998/07/980708085352.htm)
"In an article to be published in the Journal of Apicultural Research, the researchers say darker honey has less water and more antioxidants than light-colored honey."
Dang, time for a trip to Richmond, I guess. For the health, of course.
Title: Re: The Austin Signing
Post by: wombat on November 23, 2008, 01:52:28 pm
Well dang you should have said something earlier, A-Cap. I sent him a list of places he could do a signing in DC, but when I asked you guys who'd come, I could only guarantee him me and Cort, as I recall.
Title: Re: The Austin Signing
Post by: brycemidas on November 23, 2008, 10:33:37 pm
I am a white guy without glasses. However, I do have a beard. Also, if any Austonians are reading this and want to catch a beer before then I know about four people in this town.
Title: Re: The Austin Signing
Post by: pmcd9 on November 24, 2008, 12:45:14 am
I said if he can't schlep his ass 3 hours over to Houston fuck him.
Title: Re: The Austin Signing
Post by: JorgeFabregas on November 24, 2008, 01:00:53 am
I said if he can't schlep his ass 3 hours over to Houston fuck him.
Wouldn't that be easier if he DID go to Houston? Heh.
Title: Re: The Austin Signing
Post by: Cap'n Squeakers on November 24, 2008, 10:15:26 pm
I said if he can't schlep his ass 3 hours over to Houston fuck him.

No one should ever go to Houston on purpose. That place is hell of crappy.  Just an awful, awful city without any redeeming qualities whatsoever.  I lived there for three years and the best way to describe the experience is that it was like taking a sauna in a high-crime drainage ditch.
Title: Re: The Austin Signing
Post by: side_show on November 24, 2008, 10:31:44 pm
I would drive three hours to have Onstad swear at me in a shitty venue.  Only then I would cuss him under the table because for a cute girl, I have a powerful grasp on goddamn filthy language.  Someone was paid, as part of their job, to count the number of times I used "fuck" in my current script.  I am helping prevent global recession by using foul language, and if I stop swearing, even for a sentence, the already shitty TSX goes into the negative. 
Title: Re: The Austin Signing
Post by: wombat on November 24, 2008, 11:54:19 pm
I took a train three hours, and he only said "fuck" once, so you might be disappointed at the lack of competition.
Title: Re: The Austin Signing
Post by: side_show on November 25, 2008, 06:21:52 am
I took a train three hours, and he only said "fuck" once, so you might be disappointed at the lack of competition.

I know you are the better person because you might not prompt people to swear much.  There is something about my contrasting time working in children's theatre and the darkest corners of humanity that leads me to mine the blackest of humour out of all people, even the sweetest of people.  A coworker recently got a call from her child's swimming lessons, only they were calling for some other child's parent, and knowing her tendency to catastrophise everything, with a few words, I had her making jokes about drowning deaths in toddlers.  Then I was disgusted with myself for causing her to go there.  Then she was disgusted with herself for going there.  Then we both got quiet.
Title: Re: The Austin Signing
Post by: wombat on November 25, 2008, 01:43:42 pm
I dunno, Smells. I would also have made a joke abut drowned toddlers in that situation and I wouldn't even have been disgusted. And animal keepers swear like the proverbial sailors - I am pretty sure I could keep up with you.  So....  What if the explanation is that Onstad is really just a nice, huggable, one-fuck-per-conversation guy? Now that's a disorienting thought for you.

Title: Re: The Austin Signing
Post by: side_show on November 25, 2008, 11:13:49 pm
And the knowledge of this, in my subconscious mind, cause me to have a pus eye.  Damn.