The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => Wild Card => Topic started by: jaydub on December 02, 2008, 09:42:31 pm

Title: A matter of scale
Post by: jaydub on December 02, 2008, 09:42:31 pm
I was originally going to post this under Science (small mammals) but decided that referred to living small mammals.

That said, the enclosed pic (http://www.vi-r-us.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/01/squirrel.jpg) is kinda morbid, and linnea (should she darken our door again someday) should consider herself warned.
Title: Re: A matter of scale
Post by: wombat on December 02, 2008, 09:54:32 pm
That is hysterical.
Title: Re: A matter of scale
Post by: jaydub on December 02, 2008, 10:28:15 pm
No, though thanks for the link.  That should expand my daily reading nicely.

Its actually an "Inspired Image of the Day" from this place (http://www.teamstaley.com), which my efforts at Not Dying have led me to.  I keep a training log there.
Title: Re: A matter of scale
Post by: lprkn on December 03, 2008, 06:20:31 pm
Incorrigible punster. Do not incorrige.
Title: Re: A matter of scale
Post by: Golfhaus on December 05, 2008, 01:57:16 am
So, is this Statutory Rape or just a MooseDemeanor?

Damn. I have had a super shitty day, and that just totally turned it around. Thank you.
Title: Re: A matter of scale
Post by: theinevitable on December 05, 2008, 06:37:03 pm
I am glad you followed through on holding onto the rope. Responsibility.
I am sorry that you got messed up by that deer, but at least this will be a funny story to tell one day?

I would like to imagine that this deer will be regarded as a hero by his fellow deer. He defeated a human in single combat.
Title: Re: A matter of scale
Post by: jaydub on December 05, 2008, 09:19:28 pm
I had a similar experience with a burro once, outside Oatman, AZ, though.
I don't know that corn-fed burro would be all that tasty.
Title: Re: A matter of scale
Post by: theinevitable on December 05, 2008, 09:30:44 pm
oh, geez, for some reason when I read that initially I skipped the beginning and thought it was you. Sorry for thinking that, it seemed out of character.
Title: Re: A matter of scale
Post by: AugustWest on December 11, 2008, 02:09:24 am
HOW TO GO BEAR HUNTING

Ya dig a hole, fill it with ashes, and line the hole's edge with peas. When the bear comes in to take a pea, you kick him in the ash hole. There...ya got your bear.

They're saying "Boo-urns".
Title: Re: A matter of scale
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on December 19, 2008, 01:43:17 pm
So, is this Statutory Rape or just a MooseDemeanor?

(http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z120/Asherdan93/MooseDemeanor.jpg)

Marry me.
Title: Re: A matter of scale
Post by: jaydub on January 12, 2009, 03:59:45 pm
...cork boots?
Title: Re: A matter of scale
Post by: lprkn on January 12, 2009, 08:21:09 pm
I've heard them called "caulked boots" as well.
Title: Re: A matter of scale
Post by: jaydub on January 15, 2009, 09:00:25 pm
Dancing with wolves (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v652/jaycocreek/wolves-1.jpg).
Awww!  Giving the puppy dogs hugs!
Title: Re: A matter of scale
Post by: lprkn on March 06, 2009, 09:33:42 pm
See, if it was caribou instead of deer, it would have worked. Otherwise it looks like a weird NAMBLA cake or something.
Title: Re: A matter of scale
Post by: miles on March 06, 2009, 09:34:46 pm
See, if it was caribou instead of deer, it would have worked. Otherwise it looks like a weird NAMBLA cake or something.

Awesome.
Title: Re: A matter of scale
Post by: pmcd9 on March 06, 2009, 11:56:18 pm
The spike does throw it a bit but a hacksaw and five minutes can redeem it.

If you need a hacksaw to cut your cake I think I'll pass.